ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 45
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** the official other games thread ***
FlaChief58 09:08 AM Today
Eagles - bengayls game should be good. I'm hoping for an asteroid, but I'd be fine with a bungles loss.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:33 PM Today
This is gonna be a blowout, Dak can't do anything if the 49ers defense is gonna play like this
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Calling the NBA an "easier league" than it was 40 years ago is a tell already that we can't reasonably have such a discussion. The athletes then are not even in the same stratosphere as they are in that league today (and LeBron is still remarkably better than all of them even at age 40).
Like i said, he's a physical freak. That's why he's still as good as he is. That doesn't make him the goat.

If you don't think it's an easier league, you're right, we can't have a reasonable discussion but not for why you think.

The game has evolved into lighter, more athletic players who can shoot better at depth but there were still plenty of athletic players in the 80s and 90s who were also much more physical.

I'd love to see how Lebron would fare against the '90s Pistons. I guarantee you 100%, his ass wouldn't be as physically impressive against them as he is against the skinny boys today.
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Every time I watch Dak play I’m left just thinking I still can’t believe they paid him so much.
It's as if Jerry doesn't pay attention to games. Hope he's enjoying this one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Like i said, he's a physical freak. That's why he's still as good as he is. That doesn't make him the goat.
He's a physical freak with the best basketball IQ and vision in the history of basketball. Doing that for 22 years sort of does make you the GOAT.

Originally Posted by :
The game has evolved into lighter, more athletic players who can shoot better at depth but there were still plenty of athletic players in the 80s and 90s who were also much more physical.
Lighter? Absolute nonsense. The entire league is comprised of completely freak athletes now who are 6'7, 250 pounds at a minimum.

Originally Posted by :
I'd love to see how Lebron would fare against the '90s Pistons. I guarantee you 100%, his ass wouldn't be as physically impressive against them as he is against the skinny boys today.
LeBron was bigger, stronger, and faster than all of those Pistons. He'd have completely torched them. Hell, the game when LeBron was drafted in 2003 was effectively in slow motion compared to what it is today. He's played for so long at such a high level now that he's seen an entire shift in how the game is played and was dominant in all variations of it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:40 PM Today
Cowboys defense predictably looks different without their top guys.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

If you don't think it's an easier league, you're right, we can't have a reasonable discussion but not for why you think.

The 90’s is when sports really became elevated in terms of athleticism, proper diets and workouts, proper technique of the game (not just basketball). Anything pre 90’s though in all sports imo get blown out by all teams 90’s to the 2024’s.

A lot of the sports have gotten softer, but these athletes would run circles around the “steel curtain” of the 70’s. It’s not a knock btw on their “toughness” as anyone can get blown the fuck up but it’s more about how athletes now maintain their body’s in such superior ways and use technology that simply wasn’t available to people playing in the 70’s and 80’s, it’s an unfair comparison.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
The 90’s is when sports really became elevated in terms of athleticism, proper diets and workouts, proper technique of the game (not just basketball). Anything pre 90’s though in all sports imo get blown out by all teams 90’s to the 2024’s.

A lot of the sports have gotten softer, but these athletes would run circles around the “steel curtain” of the 70’s. It’s not a knock btw on their “toughness” as anyone can get blown the **** up but it’s more about how athletes now maintain their body’s in such superior ways and use technology that simply wasn’t available to people playing in the 70’s and 80’s, it’s an unfair comparison.
Hell, just think about what LeBron does to maintain his athleticism at this level at this age (and how much money goes into that). He's presumably spending millions every year to do it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:47 PM Today
Bye Dallas.

This may be a season saving win for the niners.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:48 PM Today
I just saw the Washington Hail Mary where the Bears defensive back was five seconds late to the snap because he was jawing at the crowd. That was hilarious.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's a physical freak with the best basketball IQ and vision in the history of basketball. Doing that for 22 years sort of does make you the GOAT.

Lighter? Absolute nonsense. The entire league is comprised of completely freak athletes now who are 6'7, 250 pounds at a minimum.

LeBron was bigger, stronger, and faster than all of those Pistons. He'd have completely torched them. Hell, the game when LeBron was drafted in 2003 was effectively in slow motion compared to what it is today. He's played for so long at such a high level now that he's seen an entire shift in how the game is played and was dominant in all variations of it.

Stop. Rodman would've shut down Lebron all day long. It's not even arguable.
[Reply]
George Liquor 08:48 PM Today
Can you guys stop shitting up this thread with inane LeBron babble?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I just saw the Washington Hail Mary where the Bears defensive back was five seconds late to the snap because he was jawing at the crowd. That was hilarious.
And he's the one who tipped it to Noah Brown, who he was probably supposed to be blanketing.

A triple **** up! A trifucta!
[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Bye Dallas.

This may be a season saving win for the niners.
It’s been an odd year for alot of teams. We started 3-5 and won the SB… I still see the 49ers as the favorite of a weak NfC conference.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
It’s been an odd year for alot of teams. We started 3-5 and won the SB… I still see the 49ers as the favorite of a weak NfC conference.
I'm starting to think that we'll break the hearts of Lions fans in the Super Bowl this year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Stop. Rodman would've shut down Lebron all day long. It's not even arguable.
Rodman? :-)

LeBron would bulldoze him like all the others. And when he wasn't doing that, he'd be knocking down threes on him while he stood in the key.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 45
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Up