Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Race for the one seed
Hammock Parties 09:26 PM 09-29-2024
DEAL WITH IT

[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
That's some screwed up shit. Putting three conference games one which is a division matchup that close together at the end of the season was a terrible idea. At this point all three of those games could be super important with post season implications. We need to keep winning so when we reach that part of the schedule those games don't matter so much.
I was wrong, it's Browns/Texans/Steelers

12/15
12/21
12/25

So you've got 3 games in 10 days
[Reply]
Monticore 09:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well...yeah I would.

We play Sat-Wednesday-Sunday

I'd tread lightly on that.
Ya no way we win all three we might lose 2
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
We'll probably have some wtf loss at some point to make this all moot but it's extremely hard to look at the schedule and not think 17-0 is possible.

I'm trying not to think about it, but it's hard, especially when you think about if the offense figures itself out...
The Chiefs history in the Mahomes era says we will lose one maybe two games that we had no business losing. We are not going 17-0. Not with this team minus our two best receivers and RB out already.
[Reply]
KC_Connection Today, 09:46 AM
This message has been deleted by KC_Connection.
Gary Cooper 09:51 AM Today

12/15
12/21
12/25

Rest the starters for the Browns game maybe? Depends on the record at that time but it's a bullshit schedule if there ever was one.
[Reply]
philfree 09:56 AM Today

12/15
12/21
12/25

That's still screwed up and it funks up the last four games of the season. If we were to go all in on those three games and we end up with the #1 seed I guess that could set us up with a throw away game in week 18 giving us essentially a double bye week to start the playoffs. I guess that could be the silver lining. The guys we rest in week 18 would actually have a the least 18 days of rest going into the playoffs. That's enough time to heal some injuries as well. The only downside could be sitting to long between games.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
That's still screwed up and it funks up the last four games of the season. If we were to go all in on those three games and we end up with the #1 seed I guess that could set us up with a throw away game in week 18 giving us essentially a double bye week to start the playoffs. I guess that could be the silver lining.
That's why we need these two loss teams (Buffalo/Houston/Pittsburgh) and maybe even Baltimore to lose at least one additional game before December. That way, the Chiefs could drop two games in December/January and still finish as top seed. If we have all these injuries now, how many guys get hurt playing 3 games in 10 days?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:04 AM Today

12/15
12/21
12/25

The NFLPA should absolutely revolt against scheduling like this. **** that. Hell, the owners should too.
[Reply]
philfree 10:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
That's why we need these two loss teams (Buffalo/Houston/Pittsburgh) and maybe even Baltimore to lose at least one additional game before December. That way, the Chiefs could drop two games in December/January and still finish as top seed. If we have all these injuries now, how many guys get hurt playing 3 games in 10 days?
I edited my post and added this:

"The guys we rest in week 18 would actually have a the least 18 days of rest going into the playoffs. That's enough time to heal some injuries as well. The only downside could be sitting to long between games."
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM Today
Yeah it sucks, that's what I was saying about the undefeated stuff.

If you are undefeated going into that, you gotta think big picture a bit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:00 AM Today
With the rest of this schedule, really hard to see us not taking the 1 seed if we beat Buffalo.

Sure, they look good at times and have an easy schedule. I’m not sold that they’re all that good.

They looked bad against two good teams. Blew out a few bad teams. Barely beat Arizona and the Jets.

I think we win that one as of now.
[Reply]
bshmerlie 11:13 AM Today
As fans we dream about big things. An undefeated season and winning a three peat at the Super Bowl are at the top of the list. But let's be real. The statistical chance of doing one or both of those things is almost impossible. In reality the Chiefs are gonna lose 3-4 games this season and that's okay. The chances are also likely that all the other good teams are also going to at least lose one or two more games as well. I just want the number one seed. We need the extra bye week to get healthy. We need to remember our backups didn't do well in the preseason. We need our starters if we want the three peat Super Bowl win. If the undefeated season happens great but if not no biggie. I just don't think this team is capable of doing both. One maybe with a little luck but asking for both is just a fan dream.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by bshmerlie:
As fans we dream about big things. An undefeated season and winning a three peat at the Super Bowl are at the top of the list. But let's be real. The statistical chance of doing one or both of those things is almost impossible. In reality the Chiefs are gonna lose 3-4 games this season and that's okay. The chances are also likely that all the other good teams are also going to at least lose one or two more games as well. I just want the number one seed. We need the extra bye week to get healthy. We need to remember our backups didn't do well in the preseason. We need our starters if we want the three peat Super Bowl win. If the undefeated season happens great but if not no biggie. I just don't think this team is capable of doing both. One maybe with a little luck but asking for both is just a fan dream.
Do you want to be added to the traitors thread? Keep dooming.
[Reply]
philfree 11:23 AM Today
As a fan this is great stuff to discuss on a Tuesday but as the week goes on we just need to beat the fuckin Raiders as the next step in our quest for greatness.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up