Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Bbq Tour
Boise_Chief 11:03 AM 12-05-2023
It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:57 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Night of the living Sauce is fire. Love that stuff so much, bit it's a tad too spicy to use every day
And thiccc

I’ll use it twice and like half the bottles gone
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:30 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm a rib, burnt ends and fry guy so my choices dont accurately reflect places that have good beans or other sides and meats. Joes sides used to be very average but they improved them around 5 or 6 years ago it seems.
For meat, I pretty much go for ribs. Too many places have gone for too tender of ribs for my liking, but I presume enough customers must like it.

I don't want leather, but neither do I want fall off the bone BBQ flavored baby food.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:43 PM 12-05-2023
Poll is missing LC's
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:41 PM 12-05-2023
I thnk Joe's stands out. Most all of these places listed are good but I think an underappreciated part of this debate that is not talked about a lot is "what are the odds that the meal will be good the time you go there" consistency and volume is very tough with BBQ...I really like Arhtur Bryants but I know they are not great at bringing their best every time.

For me Joe's does the best job of having great food and consistently serving it to you at a high level.

Slap's is good! But no merely as good as people give it credit for. I enjoy Wolfpack the new kid on the block especially since it is close...I have only eaten out of their food truck the last time I went they were in the process of moving into that building.

Gates is an institution but they really seem to be running on the fumes of a name they made in the past. I don't care that you yell at me but if you yell at me could you at least listen when I answer? 4 people screaming at me asking if I want fries 12 times. :-)

Q39 is an enigma I was an early fan it has fallen off a bit but not much. Still a lot of great things to order.

I saw a thing online that a place called Roscoe's is opening up again soon but I did not know where it was is anyone familiar with a place called Roscoe's BBQ?
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:51 PM 12-05-2023
Gates, LCs and Big T's are the closest to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:31 AM 12-06-2023
fuck gates if i wanted to get yelled at i would substitute teach
[Reply]
Monticore 04:36 AM 12-06-2023
Anybody have recommendations for non BBQ places to eat downtown?
[Reply]
Stewie 05:23 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Anybody have recommendations for non BBQ places to eat downtown?
Town Topic for a quick burger.

Grinders Pizza. They have much more than pizza.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:45 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
I'm probably coming to KC for the playoffs. Which does the best baked beans?
Like I mentioned above, I think Smokehouse does the beans a bit better and the Zona Rona location is classy, however... Jackstack at the Freighthouse is the best atmosphere (You can use the skywalk in the parking lot to go to Union station), and the beans are VERY similar.

I heard a story once that Smokehouse and Jack Stack used to be one in the same until some family drama happened causing them to split into what we know of today. Anyone know more details to this or if it was somewhat true?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:07 AM 12-06-2023
Just get a pound of Burnt Ends from Joe's. They are like little pieces of meat candy. Q39 Burnt ends are good, but they are much larger and require chewing, while Joe's just melts in your mouth.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:13 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm sorry I know Q39 is popular but there are much better options.

Gates isn't very good either, IMO.

If you keep saying lies about Q39 you won’t need to worry about your gambling addiction anymore. I will get you addicted to heroine and you will be too busy gobbling trucker cock to disparage Q39. You son of a bitch
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:32 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
And thiccc

I’ll use it twice and like half the bottles gone

You're gonna need a bigger boat bottle.
[Reply]
kepp 08:37 AM 12-06-2023
I personally don't think Gates should be allowed in any more CP BBQ polls
[Reply]
blake5676 08:52 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:

You're gonna need a bigger boat bottle.
That Blue's Hog is great. My favorite is the Tennessee Red they have...put it on some pulled pork and there's nothing better.
[Reply]
srvy 09:11 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Like I mentioned above, I think Smokehouse does the beans a bit better and the Zona Rona location is classy, however... Jackstack at the Freighthouse is the best atmosphere (You can use the skywalk in the parking lot to go to Union station), and the beans are VERY similar.

I heard a story once that Smokehouse and Jack Stack used to be one in the same until some family drama happened causing them to split into what we know of today. Anyone know more details to this or if it was somewhat true?
That was Smokestack BBQ. Family I believe had a falling out and one kept the original name SmokeStack and other became Jackstack.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up