ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Today
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 08:41 AM Today
JFC...we are one bad pass and one Buttkicker doink from scoring 30 last night.

Mahomes acknowledges he needs to play better....does anyone doubt that he will?

I sure as fuck don't.
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM Today
They do though. The completion to Watson was a perfect example of a 3 level route that Pat took too long to get to the open guy.

Hes just not playing well
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
With out a doubt.

The thing is, the running game has been successful in part to lighter boxes as defenses are trying to stop the big pass play and you lose that advantage inside the red zone as the defense is now stacked up. Either way offensively you are forced to deal with a lack of operating space - which makes more sense, attempting a power run game when you are not a power run team, or putting the ball in the hands of the best player in the league?
Good points.

This offense was 2nd in red zone efficiency in 2022. Why were they so good that year? Same interior O-line, still not a power run team, had Juju instead of Rice as their #1, different tackles, different offensive coordinator but same head coach, same QB, with a younger Kelce.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
I do feel like we don't run as many route variations and try to truly attack all levels of the field on each play like we used to in 2018-2022 but that's true.

Which is why my 100% never going to happen wet dream would be for Ben Johnson to accept a head coach in waiting job here. Would love to see Mahomes in his scheme.
Ben Johnson is working with LaPorta, St. Brown and Williams. His OL is just as good as ours except the Lions OL focuses on the OTs where ours keys on the IOL (and yet somehow still sucks in short yardage situations).

We've just not had the personnel to get too terribly crafty for the last 2+ seasons.

We're working on it. We've added some real juice and intended to get that 3rd WR in the mix with Hollywood. But right now, we just don't have much firepower.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:42 AM Today
Through 3 games Mahomes has thrown it past 10 yards 19 times. Total. What the fuck are they doing?
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:44 AM Today
-I think they are calling a tad too many sideways passes.

-I think the big thing we are witnessing is that Pat is trying too hard to stay in the pocket, and it's making him a bit nervous, causing some inaccuracy problems. If Pat played like his former self (Scrambling out of the pocket to buy more time to a school yard Kelce finding an open spot in the zone), they will have more success in the passing game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

-I think the big thing we are witnessing is that Pat is trying too hard to stay in the pocket, and it's making him a bit nervous, causing some inaccuracy problems. If Pat played like his former self (Scrambling out of the pocket to buy more time to a school yard Kelce finding an open spot in the zone), they will have more success in the passing game.
Which may be a byproduct of a team not really playing for the regular season.

Don't expose him to those hits if you can avoid it, I suppose.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM Today
DJ's post was all you really need to see I think.

But look, all this messiness and poor play from Patrick and yet they are.....

7th in points scored through three weeks.

So, in this modern league where offense is clearly harder than it has been in recent years, with Mahomes playing C- football at best the past two weeks.... they're still a top seven offense.

We'll be fine if we can be healthy come playoffs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:48 AM Today
Well we are down to an UDFA and Broncos cast off at RB, LT by committee, lost our WR2 in an already shaky WR room, and TE1 is about to turn 35.

We could look a lot worse. In fact, this offense is probably an abomination on like 28 other squads.

Good news is, a big part of the problem is Pat himself. QB’s gotta play better. No two ways about it.

Mahomes plays better, this will all come together.
[Reply]
scho63 08:50 AM Today
OP's user name should be changed to: MissDireckshun
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

A tad?!? A tad, Lloyd?!?

But seriously, they're going to maul Rashee Rice into hamburger meat at the rate he's going. If they insist on this sideways pass shit they need to divvy up the workload a lot better.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season............................ I don't agree
So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?
What can be done?..................................
Did you look at last year? This team scored over 30 points a total of 3 times and were 2-1 vs 3-0 this season.
For the past 2 years, the opponents look at playing the Chiefs like it is their Superbowl. The Falcons game was a prime example.
[Reply]
tooge 09:02 AM Today
Well, first off, Andy continues to stroke out on play calling when they get inside the 10 yard line. Side screens, ramming up the middle into a stacked front, etc. We have two huge TE's and don't throw it to them. We have the fasted guy ever at the combine and don't try sweeps, etc. Lets start there. Quit settling for 3 half the time and these games wouldn't be so close.
[Reply]
TEX 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by tooge:
Well, first off, Andy continues to stroke out on play calling when they get inside the 10 yard line. Side screens, ramming up the middle into a stacked front, etc. We have two huge TE's and don't throw it to them. We have the fasted guy ever at the combine and don't try sweeps, etc. Lets start there. Quit settling for 3 half the time and these games wouldn't be so close.
Or simply go to a wide set, create space, hand off to the RB and let him pick a path to the goal line. Much better than handing off to him in a formation where everything is clogged up. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well we are down to an UDFA and Broncos cast off at RB, LT by committee, lost our WR2 in an already shaky WR room, and TE1 is about to turn 35.

We could look a lot worse. In fact, this offense is probably an abomination on like 28 other squads.

Good news is, a big part of the problem is Pat himself. QB’s gotta play better. No two ways about it.

Mahomes plays better, this will all come together.
Yep. The Alex Smith play calling seems to have changed Patrick.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up