ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade: Chiefs get LB/Edge Cam Thomas from AZ
Dante84 08:50 PM 08-26-2024

Sources: The #AZCardinals have traded LB Cam Thomas to the #Chiefs for a 7th round pick. Some added edge help.

The deal was facilitated by agent @chriscabott of @EquitySports. pic.twitter.com/pVqAI0Il2m

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 27, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:15 AM 08-27-2024
Thomas was a guy I was really keen on in that draft. Productive, versatile, Spags-y kind of guy with some inside-outside versatility.

He’s a potentially nice stand-in for Omenihu and the price is great.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:43 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Thomas was a guy I was really keen on in that draft. Productive, versatile, Spags-y kind of guy with some inside-outside versatility.

He’s a potentially nice stand-in for Omenihu and the price is great.
There was a lot of interest in Cam Thomas in that draft from the Draft Planet regulars.

Good pick up!
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:54 AM 08-27-2024
It's a Veach move. And it's for a 7th. Trade a 7th for Clarence Thomas for all I care.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:18 AM 08-27-2024
Better Zach Allen
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
At one point we were talking him up as a possible Chiefs pick in 1st or 2nd round in the 2022 draft
that much upside? :-) We certainty could use help on the DE position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:09 AM 08-27-2024
Bunch of us loved this dude in the draft forum. I thought he was a potential 1st rounder and would’ve loved to get him in the late 2nd.

Definitely a worthwhile gamble for a 7th. He’ll probably move ahead of FAU on the depth chart and in the rotation almost immediately.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:09 AM 08-27-2024
To the Watchtower!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:58 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bunch of us loved this dude in the draft forum. I thought he was a potential 1st rounder and would’ve loved to get him in the late 2nd.

Definitely a worthwhile gamble for a 7th. He’ll probably move ahead of FAU on the depth chart and in the rotation almost immediately.
So what happened with the Cardinals? They tried to make him a LB?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:08 AM 08-27-2024
Interesting footnote that Chris Cabbot - Mahomes's agent - is the one who "facilitated" this deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:17 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah.

He’s a 5 technique with a little ability to move inside to a 3.

He’s not an OLB, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 07:23 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I was thinking we talked about him alot in the draft forum. Couldn't remember the name.

Anyway, plays hard and physical which is never a bad thing.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:28 AM 08-27-2024
Chiefs put BJ Thompson on NFI and Omenihu on PUP this morning, so that’s maybe the “why”
[Reply]
Bowser 07:32 AM 08-27-2024
Just bottom line this for me -

Is he an edge setting sonofabitch, or isn't he?

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know coaches (and organizations, for that matter) by and large have an ability and tendency to outthink and outsmart themselves from time to time, but I swear the Cardinals are cursed with ownership on down that could ruin a surefire wet dream.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:35 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Chiefs put BJ Thompson on NFI and Omenihu on PUP this morning, so that’s maybe the “why”
Am I reaching for the stars to feel like our defensive line might be pretty damned wicked come November, provided everyone heals up and is ready to roll by then?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:11 AM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was thinking we talked about him alot in the draft forum. Couldn't remember the name.

Anyway, plays hard and physical which is never a bad thing.
Yeah, he was a favorite of a lot of folks. Looked like a small college Aiden Hutchison on tape. Really nice traits.

At the time we were pretty convinced GK was going top 15 or so. We were discussing him in a similar tier as someone like Jermaine Johnson before Johnson got crazy helium late in the draft cycle (which was evidently bullshit).

Now I’m gonna concede that we were wrong - he clearly wasn’t THAT good a prospect. But the Cardinals haven’t gotten his best out of him either. In all reality he’s probably a good 3rd round quality prospect who can be a solid rotational player.

Which, right now, is more than we can say for FAU.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up