ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Haason Reddick Requests Trade
RunKC 12:58 PM 08-12-2024
Was traded to the NYJ 4 months ago :-)

Edge-rusher Haason Reddick now has officially requested a trade from the Jets, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 12, 2024

[Reply]
warpaint* 07:30 AM Today
It's amazing to watch.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
dude is making leveon bell look wise
How? The guy is literally sitting on his ass making millions
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How? The guy is literally sitting on his ass making millions
Well you got it half right.

Thus far all he's done by sitting on his ass is LOSE money. And not just money he COULD have earned, but through the fines, money he HAS earned.

No, he's not sitting ass and making millions right now. At all.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
dude is making leveon bell look wise
I mean, Bell was a certifiable dumbass the way he played that, but in the end he got (over)paid by the Jets. What's the common theme? Jets are a poverty franchise.
[Reply]
wazu 08:21 AM Today
Looking at his contract - guy has earned $50M+ already in his career. If he's been even somewhat smart with his money he doesn't have any need to play another down in the NFL. If his agent is firing him they've probably picked up on the fact that this is his plan. Jets just threw away a 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Looking at his contract - guy has earned $50M+ already in his career. If he's been even somewhat smart with his money he doesn't have any need to play another down in the NFL. If his agent is firing him they've probably picked up on the fact that this is his plan. Jets just threw away a 3rd round pick.
Guy's set $9 million on fire because he didn't want to play his way to a contract.

That's roughly 20% of his career earnings and counting.

I'm not sure "smart with his money" is really something we should take as gospel here.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well you got it half right.

Thus far all he's done by sitting on his ass is LOSE money. And not just money he COULD have earned, but through the fines, money he HAS earned.

No, he's not sitting ass and making millions right now. At all.
If I remember correctly fines are deducted from game checks only so if he never gets paid again he also never has to pay the fines. 4D chess I guess?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If I remember correctly fines are deducted from game checks only so if he never gets paid again he also never has to pay the fines. 4D chess I guess?
You really thought this out before you posted it?
[Reply]
wazu 08:33 AM Today
Guy's set $9 million on fire because he didn't want to play his way to a contract.

That's roughly 20% of his career earnings and counting.

I'm not sure "smart with his money" is really something we should take as gospel here.
If you’ve got $50M in the bank, and your body and brain are healthy, there’s a strong case to be made that you’ve achieved all you need from your career and should enjoy the rest of your life as a mega-rich person who is able to walk and think without pain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM Today
If you’ve got $50M in the bank, and your body and brain are healthy, there’s a strong case to be made that you’ve achieved all you need from your career and should enjoy the rest of your life as a mega-rich person who is able to walk and think without pain.
Then retire.

Nobody would've said boo about it had he done so. For exactly those reasons.

But this quiet quit stuff just doesn't make sense when a guy's under contract.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:35 AM Today
Andrew Wylie broke him. I think he lost all of his confidence in that Super Bowl and is now afraid to go back onto a football field.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:37 AM Today
He's not going to have 50m in the bank, unless he's never paid taxes or his agent a percent of his contracts, or spent a penny.

I can't imagine pissing away 25-30m, but people have managed to do it.
[Reply]
wazu 08:41 AM Today
Then retire.

Nobody would've said boo about it had he done so. For exactly those reasons.

But this quiet quit stuff just doesn't make sense when a guy's under contract.
Maybe he's on the fence and left open the door for one last gigantic payday making it worth it. Also not clear what ramifications would be regarding his guaranteed money if he retired while still under contract.
[Reply]
wazu 08:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chargem:
He's not going to have 50m in the bank, unless he's never paid taxes or his agent a percent of his contracts, or spent a penny.

I can't imagine pissing away 25-30m, but people have managed to do it.
If he was broke I think he'd be in a Jets uniform right now. And yeah, call it $20M in the bank after taxes and agents and living a nice lifestyle. You can still live as a rich person with that amount.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:47 AM Today
If he was broke I think he'd be in a Jets uniform right now. And yeah, call it $20M in the bank after taxes and agents and living a nice lifestyle. You can still live as a rich person with that amount.
This is why the whole situation is weird - why is he agitating for a new contract if he has 20m in the bank?

I agree if he was broke he would be playing.. but if he is flush why is he playing hard ball to get more money

EDIT: I also can't quite tell how career earnings is reported, I think it might include future cash under the current contract, so it's possible that 20m of those 50m "career earnings" might have been due in the 2024 season, of which he would have received zero so far.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up