ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 173
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
oaklandhater 06:56 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If Hyatt turns out to be great that's it, Veach can't draft wide receivers pure and simple.

A possession receiver with average speed who wins contested catches OVER HYATT?
^this

Willing to bet Hyatt has a better season than Rice.
[Reply]
Coach 06:57 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everybody that doesn't like the pick probably follows Matt Lane.

He instantly showed he will be bitching about this one.
That dude gave the Chiefs a D+ for Creed's pick.

I tore him a new one on SBNation.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:57 PM 04-28-2023
There’s so much about his scouting report that sounds like Dwayne bowe, no?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:57 PM 04-28-2023
Dane Brugler scouting report:

Originally Posted by :
STRENGTHS: Outstanding body control, hand-eye coordination and arm length to consistently win at the catch point ... explosive leaping skills and play strength as a high-pointer ... has enough speed to stack and threaten downfield patterns ... loves selling the vertical track and working slant routes to get underneath corners ... does a great job mixing his speeds and snapping his routes ... works back to the football and sits down in open zones ... evades and doesn’t allow the jam to slow his route ... tracks the ball well over his shoulder ... catches the ball with YAC in mind ... blocks with the same aggressiveness that he attacks the football ... voted a senior captain ... highly productive senior year and finished one of only three FBS receivers to reach 1,300 receiving yards in 2022 ... finished his college career top five in school history in TD catches (25), receiving yards (3,111) and receptions (233).

WEAKNESSES: Doesn’t have elite top-end speed before or after the catch ... routes are quick but lack suddenness in and out of breaks ... needs to keep his routes sharpened and is guilty of shorting his patterns when searching for separation ... prone to focus drops ... contact balance looks great on one play and lackluster the next ... responsible for three fumbles in 2022 ... NFL scouts say that the interview process will be paramount to his final draft grade (NFL scout: “He grew up quite a bit the last year but needs to stay on that path.”) ... doesn’t offer any return value on special teams ... played through a turf toe during the 2022 season.

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at SMU, Rice moved from the slot to the perimeter as a senior in head coach Rhett Lashlee’s power-spread offense. At a program that has produced a long list of quality receivers, he had the most prolific season school history in 2022, breaking Emmanuel Sanders’ receiving yards record and ranking No. 1 in the FBS with 112.9 receiving yards per game. With his ability to frame his catches, Rice times his leaps and wins jumps balls, leading the FBS with 18 catches of 20-plus air yards downfield in 2022. Though he makes tough catches look easy, he is also guilty of dropping some easy ones and will freelance at will. Overall, Rice must prove he has NFL-level consistency (in all areas) to compensate for his average speed, but he is a ball winner with natural instincts after the catch. He can be a quality contributor early in his NFL career.

[Reply]
|Zach| 06:58 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Dane Brugler scouting report:
Good rundown thanks.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:58 PM 04-28-2023
If Hyatt turns out to be great that's it, Veach can't draft wide receivers pure and simple.

Honestly Hyatt wasn't even the best WR on his team. Tillman was better, but that's just me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:58 PM 04-28-2023
faster juju?
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:58 PM 04-28-2023
Hating what I'm reading: possession wr basically. average at best speed, didn't test well at combine but in college won a ton of contested catches.

Rotoworld: A four-year contributor for the Mustangs, Rice (6’1/204) beat up on his group of five competition … except for when he didn’t.

edit: he had a broken toe nevermind
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:58 PM 04-28-2023

A athletic/physical receiver with excellent YAC potential, over another speed guy with a limited route tree seems like an okay choice to me.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:59 PM 04-28-2023

[Reply]
kccrow 06:59 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nothing is going on with Hyatt. He's exactly what some of us have been saying he is.

This place just let some man crush rage out of control.
Bullshit. Everyone in the country had him as a 1st round pick but you.

Something is up, for sure. He won the Biletnikoff for fucks sake.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 PM 04-28-2023
Hating what I'm reading: possession wr basically. average at best speed, didn't test well at combine but in college won a ton of contested catches.

Rotoworld: A four-year contributor for the Mustangs, Rice (6’1/204) beat up on his group of five competition … except for when he didn’t.
Didn't test well?

His speed was good, not great, not bad.

His explosion was elite. He's a more explosive JuJu.

You're an RAS guy, and you are upset about a WR with a 9+?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:59 PM 04-28-2023
Good I wanted a tall WR for the red zone.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 04-28-2023

I hope I’m wrong but it seems like the chiefs love to fill role WRs. Which I guess isn’t the worst thing as long as we land a WR1.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04-28-2023, 06:59 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
The Franchise 07:00 PM 04-28-2023

Surprising...you didn't like the pick so now you're going to search out anything negative to make sure and confirm that belief.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 173
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up