ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumor circulating that Jerod Mayo is going to be fired
Mecca 01:26 PM Today

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

"Sources have informed me that within the next 48 hours, Jerod Mayo will be removed as head coach of the New England @Patriots."https://t.co/rKX1AzOLt1 pic.twitter.com/IoApoV40nf

— The Kirk Minihane Show (@kirkminshow) October 23, 2024

Not sure how reliable this source is but there is a ton of smoke out there that Mayo is an arrogant douchebag that has already broken the locker room.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Antonio Pierce was the interim head coach for 3/4 of a season and had a pretty solid record (5-4) all things considered before being named the HC. Try again.
Why was he given the interim gig?

I think we can agree the path is fairly similar, given the positions they played and the positions they coached, no? I mean, that was my entire point.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think it was more "nepotism" than anything. Extremely popular former Patriot. Probably thought they could keep things going by bringing him in. Kind of like the Chiefs hiring Gunther after Marty.
Except Gunther had been DC for a long time before getting the HC job. Marty retired well stepped down, he wasn't fired, so yea they were looking for continuity.

Mayo's only coaching position ever in the NFL, prior to being named HC was assistant ILB and ILB coach.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Again, Mayo's potential firing would have NOTHING to do with racism; even your reeruned ass knows that.

Why you feel the need to introduce it to the conversation is bizarre, especially if you truly feel it isn't relevant. Can you explain that?
I think you need to go back and read UChieffy's post because he clearly disagrees with both of us.

I know you think you speak for everybody, but there are a TON of people that will cry racism the second he gets fired if all this is true. I mean, are you really this fucking naive?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Except Gunther had been DC for a long time before getting the HC job. Marty retired, he wasn't fired so yea they were looking for continuity.

Mayo's only coaching position ever in the NFL, prior to being named HC was assistant ILB and ILB coach.
It's still the same mentality.
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 01:58 PM Today
death of a franchise
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:59 PM Today
LOL @ Robert Kraft.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think you need to go back and read UChieffy's post because he clearly disagrees with both of us.

I know you think you speak for everybody, but there are a TON of people that will cry racism the second he gets fired if all this is true. I mean, are you really this ****ing naive?
Fine, let them do it. Why would YOU feel the need to suggest it, especially if you DON'T think it's true? I makes ZERO sense. Even you know that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:00 PM Today
Why was he given the interim gig?

I think we can agree the path is fairly similar, given the positions they played and the positions they coached, no? I mean, that was my entire point.
No they aren't similar, they were forced to fire their coach in October of the season and needed an interim coach who then went 5-4.

He will be fired soon enough as well I suspect, but he at least had a 9 game resume with a winning season including beating KC.

Pierce also had several other coaching gigs before that from HS to college where he was associate HC at ASU.

Originally Posted by :
Arizona State University: Pierce served as linebackers coach and later associate head coach/recruiting coordinator at Arizona State University from 2018 to 2021.

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's still the same mentality.
ILB coach vs DC for many years? Not remotely the same man JFC.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
LOL @ Robert Kraft.
They aren't firing him unless he is really really fucking up the locker room.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM Today
Fine, let them do it. Why would YOU feel the need to suggest it, especially if you DON'T think it's true? I makes ZERO sense. Even you know that.
Sorry that some of us have seen this movie 100 times and know exactly what will happen if a first time black HC is fired jsut 7 games in. Hell, I haven't even mentioned that we're talking about a team from BOSTON to boot.

You really have zero foresight huh?
[Reply]
Cheater5 02:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The likes of Joe Judge and Matt Patricia got lots of time to fail. So yes race would rightly be talked about.

There were far more qualified white candidates than Mayo for the Patriots HC position, why wouldn’t that be talked about? Mayo said he sees color so that he can ‘spot’ the racism, yet a guy who went straight from player to an NFL linebackers coach (same team he played for, which is at the very least nepotism) for four years to Head Coach, doesn’t see race in his own hire?

Race should rightly be talked about here as well. Perhaps he wasn’t qualified to become HC, and was promoted above his competence level because he was black?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sorry that some of us have seen this movie 100 times and know exactly what will happen if a first time black HC is fired jsut 7 games in. Hell, I haven't even mentioned that we're talking about a team from BOSTON to boot.

You really have zero foresight huh?
Yea it will absolutely be all about racism if he gets fired, even if its at the end of the season.

It makes zero sense to fire him now anyway they aren't winning anything regardless.

Truth is he was likely just really not qualified. I didn't hear a single person suggest that at the time for some reason.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:06 PM Today
I mean Kraft is a gigantic POS who gets handjobs from massage parlors before game day so him being a bad owner is not at all surprising.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM Today
Pitt Gorilla is really mad at me for saying people will blame racism, but how does he respond when people blame racism?

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The likes of Joe Judge and Matt Patricia got lots of time to fail. So yes race would rightly be talked about.
Judge is one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen. No clue how that guy lasted two seasons.
You're so fucking transparent it's pathetic.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up