ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone know Vrabel's 40 time?
SenselessChiefsFan 07:47 AM 03-02-2009
I personally believe that Tamba Hali will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. I think he is similar to Mike Vrabel in that he never gives up on a play. He is very active and gives himself fully to the cause.

I have read that Hali is 'too slow'. Does anyone know what Vrabel's 40 yard dash time was? Or any of his drills? I am just wondering how they stack up to Hali's.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:44 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I want to know wtf Tamba Hali has ever done or displayed to make you think he could remotely play a LB position.
His blazing speed around the corner, his great play against the run and his unparalleled skill when he drops into coverage.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:44 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
There is no way I believe this is a legit screen name. This has to be a spoof or something. No way can one human being be this ****ing stupid.

Tamba Hali a stud in a 3-4?

I can't stop laughing.
I agree

:-)
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:45 AM 03-02-2009
Sensible,

Is KCJohnny your dad?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
His blazing speed around the corner, his great play against the run and his unparalleled skill when he drops into coverage.
This cracked me up because it's true the guy isn't good at anything.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 03-02-2009
Anybody got a link to that video of Tamba Hali learning ju-jitsu?

People like Sensible are still probably watching that and going, "oooohhh, Tamba is going to be a jedi! Crazy mind powers and lightning quick reflexes! He should be able to dominate in the NFL now!"

They get disappointed when it turns out that didn't help his game one bit, so they cling to the idea still.

"He's a great NFL story! Troubled life growing up in a war-torn area of Africa! Wants to make enough money to send his family over to the states! AWESOME LB IN A 3-4!!!111"

I hope he made enough money off of his 1st round contract to get his family over to the states. I really do. Now I wish he would just go play somewhere else. Like in Canada.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 AM 03-02-2009
Oh, and WTF in the OP? Are we actually using a draft pick to "draft" Vrabel as a rookie? Does he need to participate in the combine now? :-)
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:49 AM 03-02-2009
I want to know wtf Tamba Hali has ever done or displayed to make you think he could remotely play a LB position.
Well, #1, he makes plays all over the field. How many times did you see him come from behind to make a play 10 or 20 yards downfield because someone else blew an assignment? Tons of times.

#2) He is a very fluid athlete. He has good hips for coverage, and the Chiefs used him quite a bit in coverage especially his first year.

#3) He has a good vertical.

The key though, is that he is relentless and never quits.

Time will tell. It is easy to claim you are 'right' in February. Lets see what happens come December.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:50 AM 03-02-2009
Anyone that has ever watched Tamba Hali and thought playmaker or thought fluid must have been on serious LSD at the time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 AM 03-02-2009
I'll bet Hali is the first NFL player to ever attempt to incorporate martial arts into his football technique! He's going to be so dominant!!!!11

[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:52 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That is the point of the Vrabel comparison.

Vrabel wasn't a great physical numbers guy either.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:53 AM 03-02-2009
Anyone that has ever watched Tamba Hali and thought playmaker or thought fluid must have been on serious LSD at the time.
Who loaned it to you so you could watch Sanchez?
[Reply]
bowener 08:54 AM 03-02-2009
I think Hali's 40 time is less of the matter. I think what is a major problem for him may be his mental clocking speed. Not sure if he can register what is happening on the field fast enough in his mind to make the play.
[Reply]
Brock 08:54 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan:
That is the point of the Vrabel comparison.

Vrabel wasn't a great physical numbers guy either.
The result of the Vrabel comparison is that you made Tamba Hali look pretty bad.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:54 AM 03-02-2009
Well, #1, he makes plays all over the field. How many times did you see him come from behind to make a play 10 or 20 yards downfield because someone else blew an assignment? Tons of times.

#2) He is a very fluid athlete. He has good hips for coverage, and the Chiefs used him quite a bit in coverage especially his first year.

#3) He has a good vertical.

The key though, is that he is relentless and never quits.

Time will tell. It is easy to claim you are 'right' in February. Lets see what happens come December.
So the key to an OLB is tackling guys 20 yards down field, and having a high vertical?

He's stiff as a fucking board. Have you watched him try to cover a FB in the flat? It's fucking laughable.

I know a lot of athletes that never quit. Problem is that they aren't talented or athletic enough to make a difference.

If Tamba Hali didn't have a high motor, he'd be selling insurance in State College.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:54 AM 03-02-2009
Who loaned it to you so you could watch Sanchez?
I'd like to know what those 2 guys have to do with each other and hey when Mark Sanchez is good this will be a funny debate, but forget all of that now the draft is a semantic debate about what players you believe in.

This is a debate about a player that's been in the NFL for 3 years and frankly sucks.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up