ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pringle Gone
comochiefsfan 06:34 PM 03-17-2022

Bears are giving former Chiefs’ WR Byron Pringle a one-year, $6 million deal, including $4 million guaranteed, per @KatzBrosSports.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

Not great. If D-Rob comes back too....
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:50 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Real nice deal - good for him. Guy just set himself for life by busting his ass for 4 years and turning himself into a nice player.
Yeah, exactly.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:52 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Pringle was our second best receiver last year...
Which is why upgrading that position is our biggest offseason need on offense.

Good for him. Seems like a hard worker and a nice guy. Still a JAG
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:16 PM 03-17-2022
Do we get a comp pick for this?
[Reply]
Fish 09:32 PM 03-17-2022
$4M guaranteed? Good for him. More than we could/should have given him. Guy plays with heart, and showed some real toughness. I've admired him since he came to K-State. One of those guys who always finds a way to outplay his actual talent level.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:41 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Do we get a comp pick for this?
Best part of this is it should count in that formula.
[Reply]
Fishels 10:22 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Pringle was our second best receiver last year.

This hurts.
Yeah this sucks. I might as well tune out of chiefs news for a while but every time I try to they pull me back in!
[Reply]
Fishels 10:35 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Same ****ing reeruns every time.
I see just as much of a Reerun saying everything is gonna be fine and don’t worry even though we blew a cakewalk SB appearance. And until I see results there’s cause for concern. Especially after how the offense performed this last season. But I guess trust in Frank Clark is the current message.

F Ward!
F Honeybagder
F Pringle he’s overrated… well he wasn’t until today but I think you see where I’m going
[Reply]
kccrow 10:37 PM 03-17-2022
Kudos to Pringle for getting some $$$.

Was really hoping KC could get him back for another year but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Fishels 10:40 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So after exactly 6 years of divisional dominance, and ZERO games played in the current season.... Chiefs run is over??? Who has the best coach in the division?? Who has the best quarterback?? We/TE combo??? You wanna crown their asses, crown em. But to quote the late great Ric Flair... If you wanna be the man.... YOUVE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN..... AND BROTHER..... THE CHIEFS ARE THE MANNNNN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best coach in the division after that AFCG collapse ? Maybe in drawing up plays. But judgment? Idk 🤷*♂️
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:01 PM 03-17-2022
that is a good deal for the bears. Got to get the young qb some weapons
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:22 PM 03-17-2022
Not particularly worried about losing Pringle, mainly just the fact that KC now has Hill, Hardman, and Gordon at WR and that’s it. They have nobody under contract at the position beyond 2022. Yes the draft is yet to come, but it’s looking like the defense needs to be the top priority. Frankly I don’t blame Hill for trying to get as much as he can because why wouldn’t he? KC has nothing at the position after him, he can name his price.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:26 PM 03-17-2022
Lay's is better anyway.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:29 AM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
hopefully Fortson makes it back....Pringy did play a lot of STs
He actually had a gear I didn't know he had on that kick return TD that got called back against the Bengals in the regular season. The one that got called back for a ticky tack "holding" that happened 10 yards behind the action because the refs wanted the game to be somewhat close going into halftime.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:15 AM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Those teams just mortgaged their future. They lose draft picks that are valuable and they have to pay these guys they brought in that are in their 30s over pay them and put them in cap hell. Good luck with that rest of the West.

Meanwhile we maybe laying back but we aren't being foolish and getting high price guys that will sink us when we got other guys that we drafted want paid and we want to keep around. We still got the draft to make a splash. Just people are losing their minds when our rivals are shooting themselves in the foot with these deals. Look great now but two three years they will be in shambles.

We want a dynasty that means you got to not make decisions on impulse and you got to hold them cards close to your chest. So what they made a splash we still have Mahomes and they don't we have Tyreek and Kelce they don't we have what I think will be the best offensive line in the NFL bar nun this year make Dick Vermeil proud.
We mortgaged our future a couple of years ago. Not exactly the same way these teams are doing, but we did. And now our bills are coming due. Without looking, I think we have 6 players chewing up about 75% of our cap. And while we can kick the can down the road a bit with a contract or two, it just keeps us in the same boat the following years. No room to do anything.

To sustain upper level status, we kind of need to follow the Steelers and Patriots model. Pay the QB. Everybody else is replacable.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 07:18 AM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
We mortgaged our future a couple of years ago. Not exactly the same way these teams are doing, but we did. And now our bills are coming due. Without looking, I think we have 6 players chewing up about 75% of our cap. And while we can kick the can down the road a bit with a contract or two, it just keeps us in the same boat the following years. No room to do anything.

To sustain upper level status, we kind of need to follow the Steelers and Patriots model. Pay the QB. Everybody else is replacable.
Agreed. The rest of the division is all in for the next couple of years. We should get our cap in a healthy position so we can go big again in two years.

We are still going to be competitive when we have Hill, Kelce and Mahomes but we just can't go all in.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up