ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Texans watch
Hammock Parties 11:17 PM 09-08-2024
I think we are on a collision course with Proto-Mahomes

3rd and 13, on the run, across the body — first down.

C.J. Stroud is a sicko pic.twitter.com/TSuKbpnGfu

— Chancellor Johnson (@ChancellorTV) September 8, 2024

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 09-09-2024
I wouldn't write off the Bengals quite yet but yeah, they look like the real deal.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:09 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not worried. It's okay to give other good teams respect. Acknowledge that they're good, and then go out and kick their ass!
They haven't won shit yet.

What separates them from the Dolphins?

Until they become a perennial threat and actually beat the top dogs of the conference, they're nothing more than the Dolphins.

Good squad, but they're still just juniors, not seniors.
[Reply]
TEX 09:18 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
They haven't won shit yet.

Until they become a perennial threat and actually beat the top dogs of the conference, they're nothing more than the Dolphins.

Good squad, but they're still just juniors, not seniors.
I get your point. But I think they should be held in higher regard than the Dolphins. Simply because the Dolphins have proven who they are over time. A good team that will make the playoffs and not get it done. The Texans, rose up from the ashes, made the playoffs won a playoff game and made improvements in the offseason.They're well coached and are more than one dimensional.True, that they haven't really won anything yet, but they are taking the necessary steps to do so. I just respect them, that's all I'm saying. That's different than fearing them. Understand and acknowledge what is coming, so u can b e better prepared. That's all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:19 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
They won their division, because their QB isn't a choker, and because he has elite arm talent.

They also dropped 45 in a playoff win a week later.

A team on the rise.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:42 AM 09-09-2024
The more attention-grabbing thing about Houston yesterday is it looks like they may be ready to maximize Joe Mixon.

If they can have a legitimate ground attack consistently, yeah, I'd start buying them as our top competition this year.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:57 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The Cowboys looked damn impressive, especially their defense.
Was it the Cowboys defense looking really impressive or was it Watson just looking terrible? Probably a combination.
[Reply]
scho63 09:59 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Was it the Cowboys defense looking really impressive or was it Watson just looking terrible? Probably a combination.
Watson is no benchmarking tool but they looked fast as hell.

The Browns are a clown franchise.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:09 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The Cowboys looked damn impressive, especially their defense.
They were playing the empty husk that used to be Deshaun Watson. Cool your jets.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 09-09-2024
Dude is crazy. I keep waiting for him to fall off but never happens. He can slang it.
[Reply]
scho63 10:18 AM 09-09-2024
They are quickly moving in the right direction of being a very good football team.

Need to see a little more consistent success.

They won yesterday but not sure it was so convincing.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:21 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
not sure why anyone thought it was anyone but the Texans? They’ve got the best QB since Mahomes, excellent weapons, decent OL and good rushers. This team beat Burrow and the Bengals in Cincinnati last year.

It’s gonna be a Houston/KC AFCCG IMO. But man their secondary is ripe for the taking. It’s not very good.
You say they beat Burrow but yet they got crushed by the Ravens twice. Lost to the Jets and Carolina too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:31 AM 09-09-2024
Counter point Houston secondary....

AD Mitchell was *3* better balls away from having a pretty awesome NFL debut pic.twitter.com/vrZy5cVkUy

— Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) September 9, 2024

If Hollywood or Worthy get that open Mahomes ain't missing them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:38 AM 09-09-2024
It still boggles the mind that the Panthers took Young over Stroud. Even if you had never seen either of them play, after standing next to both of them the answer should have been obvious. Young not only looks tiny, he plays tiny.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:43 AM 09-09-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The more attention-grabbing thing about Houston yesterday is it looks like they may be ready to maximize Joe Mixon.

If they can have a legitimate ground attack consistently, yeah, I'd start buying them as our top competition this year.
This
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:57 AM 09-09-2024
A whole lot of promise that doesn't finish is kinda what the Texans have accomplished before. I thought they did this before Watson too
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up