ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 82
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Holladay 04:30 PM 06-19-2023
1,517 people would say "Been there, done that. Not fun." 111 years ago.

BTW, it cost $133,132 for a first class ticket on the Titanic in todays dollars. I guess a sucker is born every century.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:30 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi Part Deux:
I wonder if there's any chance they find them alive? I can't imagine how terrifying it must be if they ARE still alive.
They reportedly carry four days worth of air, so theres always a chance they're just stuck on the bottom alive
[Reply]
crispystl 04:32 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's presuming a catastrophic failure.

Seems equally, if not MORE likely, that something failed and it's either stuck in wreckage or just sitting there on bottom while they slowly asphyxiate.

I mean it's designed to handle the pressures of that depth. Yeah, something could've failed that led to an implosion, but it could also just be disabled and sitting there well within its operational limits.

I mean you're cruising a wreck - how hard would it be to have snagged a cable or something? If that's the case, I'm just not sure what they can get out there in time. There are just a handful of submersibles that can operate at that depth and fewer still that can manipulate items. There's no way they can get something on scene on time - is there?

EDIT: Evidently the Alvin is still in Massachusetts at Woods Hole. Is there anything else like it in the world? And I have to believe the process of making it seaworthy for that kind of dive is a matter of months, not days. (EDIT) Nope - nevermind. Woods says the Alvin is on the West Coast. So it's out.

Feel like these folks are boned.
I was also envisioning the latter.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:38 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Just swim back up
This seems like the most logical solution
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:51 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
Holy shit. Guess it's a better way to die than the last 'shitty ways to die' incident I read about, Nutty Putty Cave.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:54 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy shit. Guess it's a better way to die than the last 'shitty ways to die' incident I read about, Nutty Putty Cave.
My freakin' YouTube algorithm took me down the "cave death" rabbit hole a few weeks ago.

Spent hours binge watching that shit.

I am goooood. Nope. No caves for me. Shit, i didn't even need to see all them videos to know that i'm good off caves. Creepy Af.
[Reply]
Womble 04:58 PM 06-19-2023
They're giving these guys 70 hours to live. David Blaine was underwater for 7 days and didn't have the luxury of a submarine either!
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:59 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Damn they got the full ****ing experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post needs more upthumbs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:59 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
They're giving these guys 70 hours to live. David Blaine was underwater for 7 days and didn't have the luxury of a submarine either!
Thats because he's in league with SATAN!
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:01 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's presuming a catastrophic failure.

Seems equally, if not MORE likely, that something failed and it's either stuck in wreckage or just sitting there on bottom while they slowly asphyxiate.

I mean it's designed to handle the pressures of that depth. Yeah, something could've failed that led to an implosion, but it could also just be disabled and sitting there well within its operational limits.

I mean you're cruising a wreck - how hard would it be to have snagged a cable or something? If that's the case, I'm just not sure what they can get out there in time. There are just a handful of submersibles that can operate at that depth and fewer still that can manipulate items. There's no way they can get something on scene on time - is there?

EDIT: Evidently the Alvin is still in Massachusetts at Woods Hole. Is there anything else like it in the world? And I have to believe the process of making it seaworthy for that kind of dive is a matter of months, not days. (EDIT) Nope - nevermind. Woods says the Alvin is on the West Coast. So it's out.

Feel like these folks are boned.

I bet they didn't have the child locks engaged for the doors and windows.
[Reply]
Fish 05:02 PM 06-19-2023
Somebody probably ignored the sign that said "Don't open this window."
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:03 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Gah now im over here reviewing this one. Giving me anxiety. BLAH.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:07 PM 06-19-2023
Would smash
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:15 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
At least they were dead before they knew what hit them
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:25 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
it is written

View on Vocaroo >>

https://voca.ro/1fHmQlzR9WXg

no one even cared I nailed this in one take

no one cared how much emotion this provoked
[Reply]
Page 4 of 82
< 1234 56781454 > Last »