ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>School Shopping Extravaganza and Bitch Session
threebag 11:38 AM 07-30-2024
So, another year of Back to School bullshit is upon us. This thread is for any steals, deals and bullshit you need to bitch about.

I have a 16yr that’s going into his Junior year. He worked his ass off this summer with the oil well service outfit. Little shits sitting on a small fortune for a kid. He’s a miser and won’t buy shit. So, 5 pairs of Ariat Jeans, $650 pair of Tecova boots, $175 Nike Vapor football cleats and we’re just getting started I think. I am balking on the $200 Sitka backpack he wants, he can buy that shit. Any of you sick of the Back to School season and just wish they’d get their ass back to school?

Wish school was year round with exceptions for fishing and hunting days, fuck…
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:34 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
I think i dropped like $500 ish.

Most expensive thing being a new pair of Jordan's, of course. $130. And then another, cheaper pair of Nike running shoes for the gym. A couple shirts, some hoodies, backpack etc.

I wish my kid could just be into Converse or Vans. Those are like $60 lol.

Luckily he has a grip of jeans that are still in new condition. I was like, dude, how the fuck you have so many nice pairs of jeans, lol.
What about school notebooks, etc?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:45 PM 07-30-2024
We only got our school clothes at the Treasury. Was a discount store cheaper than Kohls or Target today.

Up until age 11 we only got shoes that were tied together with a nylon zip tie through the top lace hole. We had to try them on with our feet together and couldn't move.

Later, we shopped at Marshall's, back when they carried "IRREGULARS" as noted on the tag. Was stuff with one off-colored thread through the weave, or a tiny hole or stain.

I got an orange Izod sweater that had a yellowish dot near the bottom of the sleeve. I bought that and only wore it with the sleeves scrunched up to conceal the blemish.
[Reply]
loochy 02:56 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

$55. I pay the parent/teacher org and his stuff is waiting on the first day of school in the classroom.
[Reply]
loochy 02:57 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
We only got our school clothes at the Treasury. Was a discount store cheaper than Kohls or Target today.

Up until age 11 we only got shoes that were tied together with a nylon zip tie through the top lace hole. We had to try them on with our feet together and couldn't move.

Later, we shopped at Marshall's, back when they carried "IRREGULARS" as noted on the tag. Was stuff with one off-colored thread through the weave, or a tiny hole or stain.

I got an orange Izod sweater that had a yellowish dot near the bottom of the sleeve. I bought that and only wore it with the sleeves scrunched up to conceal the blemish.

Until high school when I started buying my own stuff, I got 1 new shirt and 1 new pants. The rest came from garage sales.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:57 PM 07-30-2024
$650 boots??? They made of gold??? JFC.
[Reply]
loochy 02:58 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
$650 boot??? They made of gold??? JFC.
Of course not. Gold boots would be cheaper than that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:30 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
That stuff is cheap. Not really sure what i spent on paper/pencils/pens etc. But it wasn't much. Not enough to move the needle enough for me to remember lol.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:22 PM 07-30-2024
I do believe I'd smack the shit out of my son if he had the gall to ask me for $650 boots
[Reply]
threebag 05:22 PM 07-30-2024
School weeks M-F or M-Th? We do the four day school week. Which is nice to have a long weekend.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:26 PM 07-30-2024
My son is only 7, going on 8 so he doesn't care about fashion or anything at all yet. He'll get a $60 pair of Nike/Adidas/whatever shoes and a new backpack with some movie character/cartoon on it.

Clothes are always just sweats/shorts/athletic gear and hoodies so far so that is nice. Nothing too crazy.
[Reply]
trndobrd 05:43 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Not judging because I don't have kids yet, but are feet done growing at age 16?
I sure hope so. My 15 y/o has size 13 feet. Prices skyrocket at size 14 and above.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:50 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
So, another year of Back to School bullshit is upon us. This thread is for any steals, deals and bullshit you need to bitch about.

I have a 16yr that’s going into his Junior year. He worked his ass off this summer with the oil well service outfit. Little shits sitting on a small fortune for a kid. He’s a miser and won’t buy shit. So, 5 pairs of Ariat Jeans, $650 pair of Tecova boots, $175 Nike Vapor football cleats and we’re just getting started I think. I am balking on the $200 Sitka backpack he wants, he can buy that shit. Any of you sick of the Back to School season and just wish they’d get their ass back to school?

Wish school was year round with exceptions for fishing and hunting days, ****…
Tecova makes some awesome boots. Ostrich Belly? The Sitka backpack is sweet and will last hime years of hunting. Im all about the kid being outfitted right. Put it on the card dad
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:59 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I didn't know what Tecova boots were so I went to their web page. Nice boots but holy cow. $650 puts them in the top 5 boots for cost.
Same here.
Wonder if their bison Monterrey shoes are any good? They look comfortable.

https://www.tecovas.com/products/the...midnight-bison
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:05 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I do believe I'd smack the shit out of my son if he had the gall to ask me for $650 boots
My parents would pay for the Sears tennis shoes. If I wanted the Adidas that were popular I had to pay the difference. The white with red stripes were $19 and the blue stripes were $21.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:10 PM 07-30-2024
Thought scho had a kid for a second reading the OP
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up