ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumor: Creed & Butker getting new deals
Dante84 07:39 AM 07-30-2024

Can you take me higher? The Kansas City #Chiefs will be making Creed Humphrey the highest paid Center in the coming weeks and kicker Harrison Butker will be getting a new deal too #ChiefsKingdom #RickeyDoesntDoPoliticsSoDontAsk pic.twitter.com/tQWCcVw8AX

— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) July 30, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well deserved for both these guys. Now let's have Creed hit Mahomes in the numbers with 95%+ of his shotgun snaps this season. And Butker can just do what Butker does; we don't win it all last season without him.

I hate this take, but I agree with it. Smith is nasty when he's on, but he'd be the prototypical guard in a Harbaugh offense. He'd definitely been more than adequate for us, but he'd shine in a run first offense.
If he goes to Baltimore he can probably play 8-10 years at/near an All-Pro level and be the next Marshall Yanda for them.

He could absolutely be that kind of player for the next decade or so.

But...it's just not OUR kind of player.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:48 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still love the fact that if Butker stays in KC with Mahomes and they both retire at the same time (while continuing at this level of performance) it will be BUTKER that is the all time leader in playoff games played, not Mahomes.

And there's a non-zero chance that it happens.
Non-zero chance he retires early to pursue his passion in motivational speaking.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:04 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bwillie is about to kill himself once Creed gets paid :-)
If he does get it we will know it is a Mahomes decision. They have a great relationship. The Chiefs have shown zero willingness to pay high dollar at the center position before, nor should they.

I was never 100% sure they wouldn't but just that they shouldn't.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:17 AM 07-30-2024
Butker is a pretty important part of winning championships. Just ask Buffalo & San Fran after those Playoff games last season.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:18 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Butker is a pretty important part of winning championships. Just ask Buffalo & San Fran after those Playoff games last season.
Butker must be paid. He is a hall of famer.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:19 AM 07-30-2024
Butker's a distraction and rule changes have made kickers fungible. I think spending a premium on him is a mistake.

Creed's not a perfect center but you have to have continuity if you want to protect the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:20 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Butker must be paid. He is a hall of famer.
Crazy to think we snatched him up off the Panthers practice squad.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:20 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Even the seasons we didn't win Championships, he made huge kicks to force OT against the Bills, Bengals, and Patriots. None of those kicks were easy.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:22 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Butker's a distraction and rule changes have made kickers fungible. I think spending a premium on him is a mistake.

Creed's not a perfect center but you have to have continuity if you want to protect the best QB in the league.
He's not a distraction for the team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:23 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Wut.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 11:24 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Odd photo choice...
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Thinking the same thing.
ESPN keeps showing that Where's the Wolf thing FWIW

Using Chiefsaholic holding the Lombardi as the picture was a sign of respect and reverence for the defending champs. My second choice was the dabbing Andy 🤝 pic.twitter.com/CyvpwhfhvB

— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) July 30, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 11:24 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Even the seasons we didn't win Championships, he made huge kicks to force OT against the Bills, Bengals, and Patriots. None of those kicks were easy.
Exactly, Butker has been clutch as hell in the Playoffs. Buffalo sure wishes they had Butker instead of the Wide Right guy. Niners as well: they win the Super Bowl if they had a clean game from the special teams unit.
[Reply]
Bump 11:25 AM 07-30-2024
nice!

Creed is the best in the business

We don't win some of those Superbowls without clutch field goals

Worth
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
nice!

Creed is the best in the business

We don't win some of those Superbowls without clutch field goals

Worth
We win 3 SBs if we don't have Creed.

We may only win 1 if we don't have Butker.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:31 AM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Odd photo choice...
ESPN has been airing a show about Chiefsaholic called WhereWolf? Trying to market it more it seems
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up