ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL considering 18 games and 36 teams
DaFace 05:45 PM 11-10-2021
:-)

Is the NFL considering expanding? And if so, how does that impact the St. Louis lawsuit? @AllbrightNFL explained today on #BKandFerrario.

PODCAST: https://t.co/c8klxwyyQk pic.twitter.com/EoMEkeky7Y

— 101 ESPN St. Louis (@101espn) November 4, 2021

[Reply]
Cheater5 07:24 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I have watched much less football this year. Maybe one game a week other than the Chiefs. Dilution of the product will just make me care less.
Me too. I used to arrange my entire Sunday around the NFL. Now, I mostly watch all of the Chiefs game, but a few times I’ve missed the first quarter or even a half. I’ll watch other games if it’s a compelling matchup, but that’s not as often as it used to be.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:28 PM 11-10-2021
I look forward to our future games against the St. Louis Archers, Mexico City Aztecs, Portland Rogues, and El Paso Outlaws.
[Reply]
jettio 07:31 PM 11-10-2021
Seems like puffery regarding the St. Louis litigation, trying to make it seem stronger than it really is.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:31 PM 11-10-2021
Expanding the season to 17 games was too much already IMO….18? Hell no.

London? Absolutely not…
[Reply]
carcosa 07:32 PM 11-10-2021
Remember in old versions of Madden when you could move your team to Davenport, Iowa?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:41 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Probably 1.62 million more than London if the Jaguars were their team.
That's all they get though and they sell out games... has there ever been a decent London game where any die hard football fan would think, damn, that should sell some people on the game!

Seems like every year it's a couple of the worst teams in the league.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:47 PM 11-10-2021
I really don't like the Europe thing.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:47 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I really don't like the Europe thing.
Tea and crumpets!!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:54 PM 11-10-2021
The quality of play with 4 more teams is going to be horrendous.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:01 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's all they get though and they sell out games... has there ever been a decent London game where any die hard football fan would think, damn, that should sell some people on the game!

Seems like every year it's a couple of the worst teams in the league.
The natural craving for something that you don't have until you have it and then you don't want it as much any more.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:01 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
More ≠ Better
/thread
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:07 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Remember in old versions of Madden when you could move your team to Davenport, Iowa?
No, why in the hell would anyone want a team there.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:08 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The quality of play with 4 more teams is going to be horrendous.
College is still popular with that kind of play.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:10 PM 11-10-2021
If you went to 36 teams, then you're going to have one of the following:

18 divisions with 2 teams each
12 divisions with 3 teams each
9 divisions with 4 teams each
6 divisions with 6 teams each
4 divisions with 9 teams each
3 divisions with 12 teams each
2 divisions with 18 teams each

That kind of argues for six divisions with six teams.

So what's your playoffs in a three-division conference with six teams per division? You know it won't be smaller than it is now, so I doubt that it would be three division winners and a wildcard in a field of 18 teams. It'll be really awkward. Maybe something like two first round byes and then the third team plays in a pool with every second round team? That's still smaller than we have now. You could go with eight teams and the playoffs go to the first and second place teams in each division, plus two third-place teams. But that's not much of a reward for winning your division.

But there's a nice alternative if we think outside the box. They might go with the unprecedented step of having three conferences of twelve teams each. Now you have each conference having playoffs with the three division winners and one wild card. Nice and easy.

However, what happens next? You have three division champions. Who plays in the Super Bowl? The obvious answer is a round-robin tournament where each team plays the other, and whoever does the worst gets eliminated. The two survivors play the super bowl.

Oh, or wait! We have four conferences with nine teams each. Each conference has three divisions with three teams each. Four of those teams play in the playoffs (4 of the 9 teams), and at the end you have four conference winners who play each other to get to the Super Bowl. That's easy to implement, and you have 44 percent of teams getting into the playoffs, which maximizes revenue. You also have four rounds of playoff games.

So now you've got three conferences, and each one
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:11 PM 11-10-2021
London is a massive world class city they would absolutely support an NFL team. Does not mean it should be done but the idea that it would not be popular does not really track for me. Just hard to imagine because surely they would be at such a competitive disadvantage in regards to travel. Would be interesting to see how they would approach all of that.

Mexico City makes sense so does Toronto.

I am not as in to the NFL like I used to be so part of me knows this is a bad idea but the other part wants to see it play out just out of curisoity.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up