ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Shohei Ohtani is a mutant freak.
Megatron96 11:38 PM 09-19-2024
51-51. 6-6, 3 HRs, 2SB, 10RBI, 5XBH. What the utter eff does that? I'm 99% certain we are living among aliens. Because Ohtani is a walking talking alien. Just wow. Oh, and LAD has 9 games left to play. 60-60 anyone? Oh, and Ohtani's technically 'rehabbing' after his Tommy John surgery. Discuss. Shit yerself. Speak in tongues. Have at it. This is one of those moments.

[Reply]
jd1020 12:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Baseball lost all credibility when they shunned Bonds and Rocket from the Hall.
Nah. They lost credibility when they made David Ortiz a first ballot HoFer after taking a firm stance on steroid use and the hall, not to mention the handful of other known users currently in the HoF. I have no problem if they want to say Bonds and Clemens arent in because of steroids, but you can't then turn around and say a guy who was popped for steroids the year before a ban was put in place is a first ballot.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:39 PM Yesterday
Yeah while he is AMAZING and everyting..........

People just overlook the gambling.. Sure wish Rose got the same treatment
[Reply]
jd1020 12:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah while he is AMAZING and everyting..........

People just overlook the gambling.. Sure wish Rose got the same treatment
Is Ohtani a pedo too?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:54 PM Yesterday
Impressive. Pitching and hitting is crazy. So far, he's a one in a hundred-year type player.
[Reply]
KCJake 01:30 PM Yesterday
Pete Rose
[Reply]
BWillie 03:11 PM Yesterday
I would like to apply for the Ohtani interpreter position
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:00 PM Yesterday
What was the result of his gambling investigation? I thought this player would have been on the investigation list by now.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:41 PM Yesterday

ZERO WORDS 😂😭🥲 we just missed a 3 million dollar ball holy shit pic.twitter.com/Iv6xx82bxm

— Kaylan Knitowski (@kaylanknit) September 20, 2024

[Reply]
scho63 07:36 PM Yesterday
If Pete Rose isn't in the HOF, Bonds, Sosa and Clemens absolutely don't belong.
Their cheating was worse.
[Reply]
In58men 09:36 PM Yesterday

SHOHEI OHTANI CANNOT STOP HITTING DINGERS ��

THERE GOES NO. 52

pic.twitter.com/f4p80XaFOV

— The Sporting News (@sportingnews) :-)809740235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2024

[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Baseball lost all credibility when they shunned Bonds and Rocket from the Hall.
Baseball had nothing to do with it. The Baseball Writers Association of America kept them out.

They're not entitled to the Hall of Fame anyway.

They knew what they did was wrong. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

They got to keep their money. They got to keep their records. Keeping them out is a message to other players that cheating has consequences.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Nah. They lost credibility when they made David Ortiz a first ballot HoFer after taking a firm stance on steroid use and the hall, not to mention the handful of other known users currently in the HoF. I have no problem if they want to say Bonds and Clemens arent in because of steroids, but you can't then turn around and say a guy who was popped for steroids the year before a ban was put in place is a first ballot.
Tom Verducci is a steroid hardliner.

Rob Manfred declares Ortiz's 2003 failed test should not be considered a true positive for legal reasons.

Verducci uses Manfred's edict as a justisfication to vote for Ortiz.

There's more to it than this. Ortiz is the face of the 2000s-10s Red Sox, the face of the 2004 comeback, the man who declared this is our fucking city. The writers liked him and gave him a pass. "The politics of glory" as Bill James once appropriately remarked.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up