ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Offensive line
O.city 07:17 AM Today
LT spot has cast somewhat of a shadow on this unit but.....the OL has been just mauling people this year. They're a top 3 unit league wide, just get the LT spot figured and we're golden.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM Today
Probably need to hit the WR button again early in this upcoming draft.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I wonder if Kareem Hunt might be able to help in the blocking game. Even if he’s not the same runner he used to be, I would imagine the blocking ability is still there with him.
I think that's the plan. Seems like they identified the major issue and they think he'll at least maintain some playable threshold in pass pro. If he can be an adequate blocker back there for Patrick then anything they get out of him rushing or receiving is just icing on the cake.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:17 AM Today
I think we are going to be OK at the LT position. I think it’s unfair to say that it has been a turn still. It got close to that against Cincinnati, but Henderson is a top DE. And with only having to worry about one of our line positions, we are in much better shape than most other teams. Kingsley will learn. I am sure. and surprisingly Morris seems to be doing better than he would’ve indicated last year. I still think we should’ve brought in a veteran and there is still time to do that. I don’t think , switching up LT and RT right now Makes sense.

It’s good to see in some of these threads that more posters are pointing out that Mahomes is part of the problem. He just has not played well this year, particularly by his elite standards. That’s on him. He needs to be able to overcome other problems on the offence like he has done other years, which made him the best quarterback in football. Hopefully he will return to that status soon, but he isn’t now. Hopefully this recognition of reality will not bring out the haters.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re badly missing a strong receiving back. McKinnon and Damien Williams were so deadly.

Love Pacheco but he’s not great as a receiving back. Hopefully Kareem can show sparks of it bc we need that badly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kingsley got dealt a really bad hand. Trey Hendrickson is one of the best 3 pass rushers in football this year.

Dude got baptized by an All-Pro caliber player. I wouldn’t expect any different from a pretty much any rookie tackle in his 2nd ****ing game
I think Hendrickson's place on the chart has been greatly over inflated by his game against Kingsley. Like massively over inflated.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:26 AM Today
Wr/pass rush/ OL early until Mahomes retires.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:28 AM Today
They’re badly missing a strong receiving back. McKinnon and Damien Williams were so deadly.

Love Pacheco but he’s not great as a receiving back. Hopefully Kareem can show sparks of it bc we need that badly.
It would be pretty awesome if Kareem has more in the tank than a lot of us expect. I have pretty low expectations for him as a runner & receiver. Mainly just hoping he can help in pass blocking and those short yardage situations. He still has a nose for the end zone with 9 rushing TD last year on 3 yards per carry.
[Reply]
bsp4444 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Just sucks the weakest part of Suamataias game, getting beaten quickly to the inside, is so hard to cover up without dedicating an extra man there at all times, and even that may not help much.

Hopefully whatever flaws are causing this in his technique can be hammered out, quickly, because everything Mahomes, Reid, and the organization as a whole have done would indicate they don't trust Morris to do his job.
When's the last time you saw Pat try a hard count? Simplest thing to take the speed away from the defense.
[Reply]
TEX 12:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It would be pretty awesome if Kareem has more in the tank than a lot of us expect. I have pretty low expectations for him as a runner & receiver. Mainly just hoping he can help in pass blocking and those short yardage situations. He still has a nose for the end zone with 9 rushing TD last year on 3 yards per carry.
I think Hunt is going to surprise a lot of people. We're going to get his best, and it's going to move the needle. Remember, the needle doesn't have to move very much to improve near the goal line.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM Today
If the Panthers keep sucking......Clowney wouldn't be a terrible trade target.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I'm not sure I would do that at this point. He's playing really well on the Right, i wouldn't want to eff that up by moving him and having him relearn the Left side... potentially causing issues at both tackle spots. I dunno, i'd just be careful because he's lightyears better than last year right now but how fragile of a situation is it?
What? Light-years better than last year? He was good last year too. Just had to readjust to the new false start emphasis which threw off timing.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:53 PM Today
If the Panthers keep sucking......Clowney wouldn't be a terrible trade target.
Veach has never shown interest in Clowney. And he’s tried to injure our players (Pat included) a few times. I’d rather not.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Veach has never shown interest in Clowney. And he’s tried to injure our players (Pat included) a few times. I’d rather not.
Idgaf if he tried to bang all of the Clark’s, a three peats on the line here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:36 PM Today
Kingsley got dealt a really bad hand. Trey Hendrickson is one of the best 3 pass rushers in football this year.

Dude got baptized by an All-Pro caliber player. I wouldn’t expect any different from a pretty much any rookie tackle in his 2nd fucking game
Every time I see that chart I just immediately go to the bottom left corner to see where our RDE can be found....

And sho 'nuff, there he is. Doesn't matter who has the gig, our RDE has pretty much been a tire fire for the last 6-8 years. Who was the last one that didn't suck? I mean it was a decade ago, right? That last good year that Hali had?

We haven't had a damn thing at that spot since 2013.

For as much as we complain about any given position on this team year over year, the one position we've had ZERO success at over the last decade is the weak side DE.

It's been awful for pretty much Reid's entire tenure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think Hendrickson's place on the chart has been greatly over inflated by his game against Kingsley. Like massively over inflated.
Yeah, he beat Kingsley so badly that it put some signal noise in his stats that is gonna stick around for probably another 4-5 games before it equalizes a bit.

It's difficult to oversell how bad an ass-beating that was.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up