ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Please pray for Jamaica!
Coochie liquor 07:36 PM 07-02-2024
In Ocho Rios right now, and the island is about to get hammered. If you’ve never been, it’s a very poor country, with little to no building codes, and some homes literally made of scrap plywood, and leftover materials. It’s gonna be a really rough go for the people here, and it’s so sad.

We could have left a couple days early, but I vowed to stay later and use my construction skills if needed. In the morning we will be locked in our room for the duration of the storm. It’s not the first hurricane we’ve endured, but it’s not me I’m worried about. The people here will be devastated if this continues at this rate.

Luckily we bought another shroom candy bar before the dispensary closed. So our plan is to stay in the room, but leave the planet for a while!

Please pray for Jamaica, and hopefully see you guys on the flip side!
[Reply]
loochy 09:20 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Best of luck Coochie man. I hope you make it through safely.

I'm sure he'll be ok, but I have a feeling it will be a long ass time before he comes home. I'm thinking a month.

Does anyone know what he does for a living? I'm guessing he's self employed or something if he can just decide to stay in another country like that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 07-03-2024
I once went through a hurricane on acid. I went outside the hotel and down to the beach when the outer bands starting coming in with 70-80 mph winds. A total sensory overload. Seemed like I stayed out there for a long time but it was only about 10 minutes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm sure he'll be ok, but I have a feeling it will be a long ass time before he comes home. I'm thinking a month.

Does anyone know what he does for a living? I'm guessing he's self employed or something if he can just decide to stay in another country like that.
Construction work of some kind.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:40 AM 07-03-2024
Errrikane no want test me champion sound

skiddely whoa
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:56 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
In Ocho Rios right now, and the island is about to get hammered. If you’ve never been, it’s a very poor country, with little to no building codes, and some homes literally made of scrap plywood, and leftover materials. It’s gonna be a really rough go for the people here, and it’s so sad.

We could have left a couple days early, but I vowed to stay later and use my construction skills if needed. In the morning we will be locked in our room for the duration of the storm. It’s not the first hurricane we’ve endured, but it’s not me I’m worried about. The people here will be devastated if this continues at this rate.

Luckily we bought another shroom candy bar before the dispensary closed. So our plan is to stay in the room, but leave the planet for a while!

Please pray for Jamaica, and hopefully see you guys on the flip side!
I can't imagine riding out a Category 5 Hurricane locked in a room while tripping balls.
[Reply]
loochy 09:59 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I can't imagine riding out a Category 5 Hurricane locked in a room while tripping balls.

yeah, it might be a bit....scary

no thanks
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
yeah, it might be a bit....scary

no thanks
I was 20 years old when I did the acid on a hurricane. Nowadays, I don't risk my life for "adventure". Hurricanes aint nothing to mess around with. That weather can endanger you even when you are inside.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:07 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Ive always wanted to go spend a weekend stocked up on supplies in a Miami or Tampa high rise during a Cat 5. Would be alot of fun if you had nowhere to be and above the bottom floor storm surge.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:15 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ive always wanted to go spend a weekend stocked up on supplies in a Miami or Tampa high rise during a Cat 5. Would be alot of fun if you had nowhere to be and above the bottom floor storm surge.
Those tall condo or retail buildings in Florida that were built from the 90's or more recent, are the safest place to be in a hurricane. They all are rated for a Cat5 hurricane. Some may be less than Cat5 windows but the more recent ones have to have Cat5 windows too.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Those tall buildings in Florida that were built from the 90's or more recent, are the safest place to be in a hurricane. They all are rated for a Cat5 hurricane. Some may less than Cat5 windows but the more recent ones have to have Cat5 windows too.
Yeah thats what Ive read too. I might be freaked out by the sway but supposedly very safe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 AM 07-03-2024
Yeah thats what Ive read too. I might be freaked out by the sway but supposedly very safe.
Besides having an all concrete/Iron Skelton building, that sway is the key to not endangering the building in a Cat5.
[Reply]
Big TT 11:11 AM 07-03-2024
been there several times...hope everyone is safe.
[Reply]
loochy 11:19 AM 07-03-2024

and then you'll have to deal with no electricity for a week in sweltering heat and humidity

no thanks
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:25 AM 07-03-2024
Their president came on and downplayed the storm.

Now people out here doing this

Portland, #Jamaica ���� #HurricaneBeryl �� pic.twitter.com/rAcRQHYs1S

— Genesis Watchman Report (@ReportWatchman) July 3, 2024

That shack is not going to hold up. Get that dog and that chicken and seek fucking cover man
[Reply]
loochy 11:28 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Their president came on and downplayed the storm.

Now people out here doing this

That shack is not going to hold up. Get that dog and that chicken and seek fucking cover man

They're going to get whacked in the face by flying crap. :-)

[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up