ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:06 PM Today
I for one am not bored by watching the Kansas City Chiefs dominate the NFL as a dynasty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:06 PM Today
Players didn't want to practice hard in August and the owners wanted an extra game so the entire league is rusty as fuck for the first month or so.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:07 PM Today
Hell fucking "NO." How is this a topic?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:12 PM Today
I don't mind it, I like when teams do different things to try to find a hole in a defense and then exploit it

yeah a 54-51 game is fun but honestly is a 54-51 game any less stressful to watch than a 25-19 game?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I don't mind it, I like when teams do different things to try to find a hole in a defense and then exploit it

yeah a 54-51 game is fun but honestly is a 54-51 game any less stressful to watch than a 25-19 game?
Oh I don't care about stressful, but when the Chiefs are almost always in the 3:30 slot I'd rather get some enjoyment out of the noon slot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:16 PM Today
No.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:20 PM Today
No.

Minds have been warped by fantasy football and gambling.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:22 PM Today
Is it wrong to wish for this to be the NFL again?

This 1977 CBS NFL Today intro is fucking spectacular. The plays get progressively more illegal and fucked up to the point I was almost expecting some guy to get murdered on the field by the end. Do yourself a favor and watch this.

pic.twitter.com/PIlcjiO46Z

— Super 70s Sports (@Super70sSports) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:25 PM Today
I made a point in a thread a couple of weeks ago that 2 high safety is akin to NBA centers camping in the lane and that is why the NBA instituted the illegal defense rule. That opened up the offense and more scoring but every team thinks they are Steph Curry and jack up alot of 3's now and that is now becoming boring.

Mahomes broke the NFL I think, like Curry did the NBA and all these QB's think they can be him and defenses said f that and let's play everyone 2 high.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM Today
NOTHING about that game was boring last night.

If you thought that was a boring game you have ADD.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:27 PM Today
Mecca and Fat Zach hate it. Must be doing something right then
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:32 PM Today
ive enjoyed seeing defense come back personally. i was getting sick of every qb putting up 300 yd 3td games every week
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That era had a ton of massive hits and was entirely different.

You are conflating "down offensive numbers" with guys playing defense better when today they aren't making plays they are just praying for a penalty or a bad play to bail them out.
TV ratings for the NFL have never been better.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:39 PM Today
Patrick Mahomes the greatest QB of our time has been reduced to a game managing check down charlie.
I'll be honest, I think this is actually the root of why you made this thread. If I'm wrong let me know, but it seems like you're bored because Mahomes is playing like Alex Smith right now.
[Reply]
TEX 12:42 PM Today
Patrick Mahomes the greatest QB of our time has been reduced to a game managing check down charlie.
Yep. Its not fun to watch b/c you remember what it used to be like. But u can't argue with the results.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up