ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets fire Saleh
Dante84 08:10 AM Today

ESPN sources: Jets fired HC Robert Saleh.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM Today
Once you do the Rodgers deal he has the power. It was always gonna be this way.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:00 AM Today
Let's be real.

Whoever the next coach is, likely not to come in till next season, is gonna want to move off Rodgers and get their own guy.

No legit head coach candidate is going to attach their job to that toxic headcase. Especially not a guy like BB, if that is someone they try to go after in the offseason.

So they'll install someone for the rest of the season to try and keep ARod happy and then they'll have to find a way to 'mutually part ways' if they want a serious head coaching candidate.

Either that or hire another lackey or rookie head coach that will have to deal with Aaron's fragile ego.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM Today
Elite DC. Go back to the NFC Robert

Since the 2021 season, Robert Saleh's first in New York, the Jets defense is

1st in points per drive
1st in EPA per play
3rd in success rate

...despite playing the fourth-most snaps over that stretch.

Saleh never solved the QB problem, but man. He delivered on defense.

— Benjamin Solak (@BenjaminSolak) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:

With SF kinda in flux and a tough schedule ahead, I expect them to try to hire him as a consultant who will get his DC job back in 2024

Q is does he elect to just take the year off now..
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:04 AM Today
Why not. He may ad well go. They were going to do it in 2025 anyway.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Wait! This mean the Jets are beating the Bills this week!
No. Rogers is way off his game.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No. Rogers is way off his game.
Jets D has given Josh fits for years now and he is gonna play with a concussion so...
[Reply]
tk13 09:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
BB would be smart to just wait the season out. There are going to be head coach openings at much better organizations than the Jets.
I cannot imagine him going to the Jets given the way he stiffed them 25 years ago. Also the Jets were the team that ratted him out on spygate. He always went out of his way to run it up on them after that. It would be shocking.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:11 AM Today
The Jets should have fired him this past offseason with Belichick available.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Will be interesting to see who replaces him. Maybe they try to go get BB.
I do not see him putting up with Rodgers
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
With SF kinda in flux and a tough schedule ahead, I expect them to try to hire him as a consultant who will get his DC job back in 2024

Q is does he elect to just take the year off now..
If I was an owner/GM for a team needing to start over in January, I’m calling Ben Johnson and offering him big money as well as bringing in Saleh to be his DC.

Pray that it’s not the Bills or Bengals bc that would suck and I can totally see both franchises firing their coaches.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I do not see him putting up with Rodgers
Belichick is a sub .500 HC without a HOF caliber QB.

He’d figure out a way to coexist with Rodgers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:21 AM Today
Rodgers is a freaking cancer.

And firing your HC at 2-3 isn't a smart move, that means you clearly didn't like him going into the season so you should have dumped him then.
[Reply]
wazu 09:22 AM Today

Just talked to Robert Saleh who said was blindsided by Woody Johnson walking to his office and letting him go. Certainly disappointed he wasn’t going to be given the opportunity to get things going with what he said is a very good roster

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 AM Today
Heh. They must listen to the Bill Simmons podcast. Every few weeks he rails on Saleh. He's like bottom 15 ALL TIME in coach winning % or something. Simmons has it all together and concisely eviscerates Saleh every few weeks.

I laugh.

Originally Posted by RunKC:

There is a pissassload of talent on that defense. But that's one side of the ball. And who knows how much of that is Saleh. He had elite talent in SF too and couldn't close it.

But yes, go back to being a DC in the NFC, please.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up