ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>TSA Pre-Check
Fat Elvis 11:47 AM Yesterday
Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
[Reply]
scho63 04:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

We're very different people. Not only do I fly a lot, but I keep an ongoing map to track it. Here's my 2024.
How's Narita these days? Been a long while since I have been there. About 22 times in total.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:13 AM Today
TSA precheck used to be a good deal until everyone signed up for it. Now it seems that most general boarding lines are much faster than the TSA lines. If you know what you’re doing through security and get a good routine going through the normal screenings, you should just save your money because TSA precheck isn’t going to save you that much time anymore.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coach:
True, I do see that they can be bundled TSA PreCheck and Clear, it’ll cost $199.95, which saves you about $66 off the full price of both programs. If that is what Molitoth was trying to say, that makes sense then.

I still am not sure Clear is that valuable in itself for the fact that it just gives you a quicker access in the line. On the other hand, I can see that would be more beneficial if one was living in a big major city (Chicago, NYC, etc.) and/or busier airports.

Still think the price value for Clear is too high for a limited benefit, but that is just my opinion.
A Clear Plus membership costs $189 per year for individuals ($189 a year for families plus $99 per person), and a TSA PreCheck membership costs up to $85 for five years.

- I just signed up (at a CLEAR kiosk) for the $85 fee for 5 year of TSA pre. You don't have to sign up for the Clear+ nonsense.

After you get your KTN#, you go into your Airline account and enter it in the field in your user settings... then TSA PRE will show up on your ticket in the future.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by scho63:
How's Narita these days? Been a long while since I have been there. About 22 times in total.
Damn, that's a lot. Just an airport to me. It was nice (and it's cool there's so much shopping and stuff there - we got stuck an extra 2 days...long story). But I wouldn't say it was particularly notable.

We did venture out to the town of Narita during our extra time. I wouldn't necessarily go out of your way for it, but it was a nice spot to get away from the airport for a while.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Once I'm about to arrive at the airport, I'll prep. I'll empty my pockets, take off my hat, etc., and put them all in my backpack. Once I arrive, my goal is to swish through in 10 seconds. There's usually someone in front of me who slows me down, but every once in a while I'll hit it right and cruise through without stopping.

I need to consider upgrading to Global Entry. I don't go international very often any more, but I have a couple of trips planned, so maybe it'll be worth it.
I wish all travelers were as considerate as you. Some stand in line for 7-10 minutes after their ID is checked but don’t start preparing for screening until they reach the conveyor belt. Then, it takes another 2-3 minutes of fumbling with their belongings—dumping out water, removing belts or jackets, or arguing with TSA over a souvenir deemed a liquid or hazardous—bringing the whole line to a standstill. It's always the same shit w the general public.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I used to fly frequently for work, and the last 3 trips were horrible. I'm done. I have no overwhelming desire to visit another continent at this point, and thanks to Ike, I can get to anywhere I want in a reasonable amount of time.
What is IKE
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up