ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mike McDaniel extended
RunKC 09:41 AM 08-30-2024

Breaking News: Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel has signed a new contract that extends him through the 2028 season, sources said.

Under McDaniel, the Dolphins had the top-ranked offense in the NFL in 2023 (first time since 1994). They also had their first back-to-back playoff… pic.twitter.com/PYzEDVAwye

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) August 30, 2024

[Reply]
crispystl 12:37 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
No way he eats steak
This. Dude eats tofu-hold the heat.
[Reply]
Delano 12:57 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
No way he eats steak
Crazy how much headspace some of y’all devote to an NFL coach’s personal life and appearance.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:15 AM 09-13-2024
Why did this dude get an extension?

I love how people used to accuse Andy Reid of being bad at clock management. Hell some people still do, but once you watch this mother fucker burn through his timeouts because he can't get his plays in fast enough or the shit he did tonight before half, then you realize what actual clock mismanagement is. I was always in the Andy's "clock management" is completely over blown and isn't really a thing. I didn't think a coach could be so bad that they'd significantly impact their teams ability to win.

Mike McDaniels is on his own level, tho. He completely fucked them out of a playoff win a couple years back against Buffalo because he can't get plays in on time. The guy might be the absolute worst coach when it comes to clock management.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:19 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why did this dude get an extension?

I love how people used to accuse Andy Reid of being bad at clock management. Hell some people still do, but once you watch this mother fucker burn through his timeouts because he can't get his plays in fast enough or the shit he did tonight before half, then you realize what actual clock mismanagement is. I was always in the Andy's "clock management" is completely over blown and isn't really a thing. I didn't think a coach could be so bad that they'd significantly impact their teams ability to win.

Mike McDaniels is on his own level, tho. He completely fucked them out of a playoff win a couple years back against Buffalo because he can't get plays in on time. The guy might be the absolute worst coach when it comes to clock management.
Because Tyreek is fast.

That's it.

McFuckknuckle has designed some really good plays over the years, but he was really fucking bad last night. REALLY fucking bad. And IMO he's been bad throughout the years, even while he was getting flowers.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:22 AM 09-13-2024
Guarantee he takes it in the pooper.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:29 AM 09-13-2024
The amount of times they ran the ball in urgent situations and, worse, took tyreek off the field is unconscionable. That being said I think this year Tuas weaknesses have become glaring and they have had to work around them. Also buffalo is a matchup nightmare for tua because they run lots of zone. Still… they were clearly taking the ball out of Tuas hands.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:34 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Because Tyreek is fast.

That's it.

Mc****knuckle has designed some really good plays over the years, but he was really ****ing bad last night. REALLY ****ing bad. And IMO he's been bad throughout the years, even while he was getting flowers.
I think the NFL has now adjusted to McDaniel’s schemes (Reid has even incorporated some of his concepts). Against both the Chiefs and Buffalo, Tua seemed genuinely frozen on plays because those defenses took his first read away. Just like against KC, the Phins adjusted to a complete vanilla offense (with runs and screens galore). They were able to comeback against Spicoli on Week 1, but an Alex Smith offense is not going to lead to wins against the Mahomes’ and Allen’s of the world.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:55 AM 09-13-2024
McDermott may have been open to postponing the game. Opportunity lost
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's a team that seems to enjoy being in Miami a little too much and a coach that damn sure isn't gonna do anything to mitigate that.

Interesting little marriage there.

Don't imagine we're gonna see anything different from them going forward. They'll be front-runners that look like world beaters when the weather is nice and the sun is shining. But as soon as the playoffs get here and teams are looking to punch them in the face and the game gets real real hard, they'll fold.
Guess not. That team looked like shattered ass the last 2 weeks.

They're lucky they're not 0-2.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:06 AM 09-13-2024
Tua is winless in cold weather games, I think? Either that or he's just complete ass.

Well... I mean... that's one way to overcome your record in cold weather games?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:06 AM 09-13-2024
What was the bigger fumble?

The Dolphins passing on Herbert for Tua or the Panthers passing on Stroud for Bryce?

Kind of crazy that these teams chose small QB’s from Bama over the better athletes with real characteristics.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

The Dolphins passing on Herbert for Tua or the Panthers passing on Stroud for Bryce?

Kind of crazy that these teams chose small QB’s from Bama over the better athletes with real characteristics.
Passing on Stroud for Bryce (and giving up a 1st for the privilege of doing so).

Stroud's going to be better than Herbert and Tua, despite the scrambled eggs, is better than Bryce will ever be. Especially if you're looking over the life of the rookie deal (where Young is very likely to be a backup QB for his next deal).
[Reply]
tk13 09:24 AM 09-13-2024
Carolina feels like such a trainwreck that Stroud might not be Stroud if he was playing there. He'd just be a good QB trapped in a bad situation.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:26 AM 09-13-2024
There aren't many that are fortunate enough to be paid millions a year to "figure it out" on the job.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:01 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Was the dolphins pick really a big fumble? They got the team lots of revenue and a playoff berth. The bigger fumble was not giving him competition and forcing them to commit to a long term deal. Not that they passed on a qb like Herbert who has had less postseason success than tua
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up