ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Left Tackle
Katie 11:56 PM Yesterday
How do we feel about left tackle by committee?

Great move, or a complete bust.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:05 AM Today
So wait until we have a potential Mahomes injury? That's ridiculous. The Chiefs have already shown with their actions that they aren't confident in either of these guys currently.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Miscalculations at LT and RB depth.

The Chiefs were able to overcome the miscalculation at WR last year… so hopefully history repeats itself.
You can always find more RBs off the scrap heap in this league but a question mark at LT all season is more worrisome to me than even the WR situation last year. Mahomes taking more hits is dangerous to both the short and long term health of this franchise and it’s the single thing they should try to protect against the most each season. I hope they’ve got some idea at a solution that isn’t just throwing Wanya out there and hoping for the best.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yep. If they weren't willing to let Kingsley take his lumps they should've had a vet ready to go.
I kinda feel that if both Bakhtiari and Smith weren't injury prone at this point in their careers, one of them would be here right now.

If both Wanya and Kingsley show that neither can step up, one of those vets will be here sooner rather than later. Obviously.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:20 AM Today
I'm not gonna write off Kingsley after two games fgs. First game he done OK. Second game he got taught a lesson. This is the life of most rookies. If he were to have consistent bad performances then that's the time to worry. But not now. Same with Morris.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:23 AM Today
If we have to go the vet route, and hopefully we don’t, I’d actually like to check in on Bahktiari first.

If he can string together one last 10 or so game run, he’s probably gonna be a really good pass blocker. As good as we’ve had since Fisher and probably better.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If both Wanya and Kingsley show that neither can step up, one of those vets will be here sooner rather than later. Obviously.
Again, the team waiting for that to happen is ridiculous. Because that means Mahomes is taking unnecessary hits.
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
Didn't Morris get injured in preseason? That might have had something to do with Suamataia getting the nod to start the season.
Good point, Chiefs fans blame Morris for the Christmas day debacle when the whole line was bad that day.
[Reply]
wazu 10:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Nice breakdown from Schwartz showing Wanya against Cincy.

https://youtu.be/yLRRtDc5ZYg?si=bhPTv5MjTYu9BTyt

Makes it kinda easy to see why the staff is rolling with him. He looks improved. And now we can only hope this leads Kingsley to similar technical improvement, gives him a chance to focus on himself a little instead of having to do that AND try to combat elite pass rushers.
This is great stuff! Kind of turns this situation on it's head. The switch to Morris could be more about Wanya having figured this shit out. I seriously don't care which one of them wants to step up and be awesome. Hopefully both do.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Again, the team waiting for that to happen is ridiculous. Because that means Mahomes is taking unnecessary hits.
Dude, you are like a total Negative Nancy!

Maybe they like both players' upside, and know that they're going to have to play them to get them through the mistakes of inexperience.

You can't pay everybody, and the sure-fire top flight LT's go far earlier than we'll draft for the next decade plus.

So we'll have some growing pains. Relax.
[Reply]
Basileus777 02:15 PM Today
I just hope LT isn't this years WR where the coaching staff missed badly and trusted young guys that they shouldn't have.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:42 PM Today
Just help the LT. Scheme it up to help him.
[Reply]
Bump 02:52 PM Today
Maybe Wayna has progressed a little and is more ready. Not all rookies can come in and dominate immediately
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:54 PM Today
The coaching staff sees these guys practice every day. Maybe we ought to let it play out before we freak out. I think three rings in five years....maybe they should get the benefit of the doubt. Seems like maybe they know what they're doing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:06 PM Today
Whether it's Morris or Kingsley, I think people agree that if the Chiefs are capable of finding an eventual starting LT, they need to pursue that. Because they can't keep trotting out overpaid stopgaps year after year. It would be a shame if Mahomes never went more than 2 or 3 seasons with the same starting LT.

Let's say they signed Smith or whomever at the beginning of the season and started him all 17 games because neither Wanya or Kingsley was ready. So after this season was over, are you saying you'd be totally 100% comfortable with letting the vet walk and going into the year with two inexperienced guys who couldn't beat out the old guy the previous season?

You might say, "Oh, well, it depends on the situation" but I know exactly how it would turn out. You'd continue to be squeamish and say things like, "Man, we should have had the vet in training camp!"

Mahomes is going to have to take a few hits if you want an eventual good starting LT that we can rely on year after year. Sorry.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:13 PM Today
My problem with it is it's pretty apparent Morris probably isn't going to be the answer. He lost the starting job to Suamataia and while the kid has talent he's greener than a pepper tree and Morris is only playing tonight because Suamataia got beaten THAT badly by Hendrickson.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up