ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buccaneers
TLO 06:51 PM Yesterday
Next up - The Buccaneers.
[Reply]
cl.brooklyn 04:56 AM Today
It’ll be tough, like Pat says, he keeps it close. Baker has been on one this year and even without his too 2 targets, you gotta give him some respect. Especially with our secondary looking like a triage unit.

Would be the perfect time to get Lattimore in here early in the week lol. He’s seen their offense a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
A 5 point CHIEFS win.
Only 5?
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:37 AM Today
Well, who wants to hear a ghastly, unpopular opinion?

Trap game.

The Bucs defense is still very good, and while they are missing two fantastic receivers, Baker is playing at an MVP level right now.

I don't think Kareem is going to do much of anything on the ground. Vita Vea is a Hall of Fame caliber run stuffer, and Kareem has slowed down each of the following weeks. The Chiefs have to rotate RBs this week, or they're going to face the consequences of Kareem collapsing before Pacheco can return. Because I'm envisioning Kareem running the ball like 14 times for 20 yards.

As a result, Mahomes is going to have to air it out to win this game. I think his odds of doing that are better -- I like the Bucs interior passrush more than their outside rush, and our interior line is where KC is strongest. But the Bucs still field a really talented back seven, that's also extremely intelligent. Lavonte Davis has the ability to man up Kelce, and the Winfield/Whitehead reunion has again given the Bucs one of the best safety tandems in the league.

On the other side of the ball, I think it's doubtful that White/Irving/Tucker can get much going on the ground, but they don't need to. They only need to get a little going on the ground, to give Baker some breathing room. The Bucs' second-string receiving corps is underrated, however, and they'll give the Chiefs' depleted CB room some issues occasionally.

Get ready to see Josh Williams on the screen a ton. If he plays well, the Bucs are going to have a lot of problems scoring. If he doesn't, well...

Mayfield is well protected on the edges, so can Jones/Wharton disturb the pocket a ton from the interior? The Bucs have a good interior, but I'd bet on Jones/Wharton.

There's a lot of factors going into this being the best chance of an upset we've had in a while: the Chiefs will have no running game, their passing game will be contained by an intelligent/talented Todd Bowles back seven, Baker is arguably a Top 4 QB right now, and the Bucs are an NFC team that the Chiefs don't really care about with the Broncos coming up on a short week. I think this game will come down to turnovers, and Mahomes is giving the ball away a lot right now. Baker, not so much.

It's MNF, and the Chiefs should win this one? But it has the feel of an upset to me. All the things you need for an upset are there, and if it happens, it'll be some ugly one at like 16-13, something like that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Well, who wants to hear a ghastly, unpopular opinion?

Trap game.

The Bucs defense is still very good,
I made it this far before I stopped reading.

They allow the 5th most points per game and 3rd most yards per game in the league this year.

I’m not sure how they qualify as “very good”.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

They allow the 5th most points per game and 3rd most yards per game in the league this year.

They've been playing without their top two CBs for a while. I'd like to see their health for this game.

I know it's a losing proposition to ever bet against Mahomes, who wins 80% of his games and rarely gets upset. But if I simply started with the conclusion "the Chiefs will win" and go from there, it wouldn't be intellectually honest. I've picked the Chiefs in every game this season, and sometimes I've nailed it. But I don't claim to be infallible.

But answer these questions: do the Bucs have a smart back seven that can frustrate Mahomes/Reid? Do the Chiefs have the receiver talent to expose a weak CB tandem? Do the Bucs have someone who can effectively man up Kelce? Will the Chiefs be able to run on them?

What are the answers to those questions?

My guess is the answers are yes, no, yes, and no. You?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:21 AM Today
I fully anticipate a hailstorm of hate for predicting an upset against a team we all love.

But I want everybody to answer, please.

Do the Bucs have a smart back seven that can frustrate Mahomes/Reid?

Do the Chiefs have the receiver talent to expose a weak CB tandem?

Do the Bucs have someone who can effectively man up Kelce?

Will the Chiefs be able to run on them?

Stats on a sheet give you part of the story, but I think the answers here are unfavorable.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up