< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jordan Love gets PAID
SHOWTIME 07:04 PM 07-26-2024

What a day for QBs. First Tua. Now Jordan Love. 💰. https://t.co/SdCVYAFGfB

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 27, 2024

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:49 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The same people who will say get rid of Love also don't like Sanders whose likely the 1st QB taken..

Guess you should just play with no QB till the mythical one comes along.
You have some nerve even posting on this website after the shit you pulled. Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:52 PM 07-26-2024
The same people who will say get rid of Love also don't like Sanders whose likely the 1st QB taken..

Guess you should just play with no QB till the mythical one comes along.
Yes you should. Outside of Burrow, Allen, Young Rodgers, Stafford, Stroud, Lamar and maybe Goff and Lawrence you should absolutely never, ever, ever pay them if the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

But most owners are just looking to increase the value of the franchise and GMs just want to keep their job for as long as they can.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 PM 07-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes you should. Outside of Burrow, Allen, Young Rodgers, Stafford, Stroud, Lamar and maybe Goff and Lawrence you should absolutely never, ever, ever pay them if the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

But most owners are just looking to increase the value of the franchise and GMs just want to keep their job for as long as they can.
I'm sure 25 GMs and HCs goals are to get fired.
[Reply]
Bump 11:24 PM 07-26-2024
I get some of the thoughts like Daniel Jones is a bum, I don't get paying him but some of these other guys?
It's not that everyone except for Mahomes is a bum. It just seems ridiculous that any QB would think they are worth the same as him. But that's just the way the market goes.

But taking 50 years to find a QB was what I was talking about, the Chiefs didn't even try. Probably so disgusted with their 1983 draft pick compared to the other ones that they never wanted to feel that again. Until Andy came to town.
[Reply]
notorious 02:20 AM 07-27-2024
Love played out of his mind against the Chiefs.

That shows he can do it, might as well take your shot. I’d take Love at this price over Tua. Tua has shown that he crumbles even when he’s got a huge talent advantage helping him on offense.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:35 AM 07-27-2024
Trickle down NFL economics. With a minimum playing squad player making 12,500 a week(18 weeks). I bet jealousy is a constant PIA. When the low man can make 37,500 in three weeks.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:01 AM 07-27-2024
As I said in the Tua Gets Paid thread...

[Reply]
stevieray 06:17 AM 07-27-2024
:-)
[Reply]
Otter 06:30 AM 07-27-2024
Good luck with that
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:32 AM 07-27-2024
This is worse than Tua's contract.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:57 AM 07-27-2024
Dak next?
[Reply]
O.city 07:00 AM 07-27-2024
Supply and demand

Moving on
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:47 AM 07-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Supply and demand

Moving on
Nope. Not getting off that easy. It's fucking stupid. Don't even try to argue that
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:51 AM 07-27-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Love played out of his mind against the Chiefs.

That shows he can do it, might as well take your shot. I’d take Love at this price over Tua. Tua has shown that he crumbles even when he’s got a huge talent advantage helping him on offense.
One year is never enough to evaluate a QB. In the case of Love, it's 1/2 a year. If I were a GM, I would insist on at least 2 years of good QB play to earn an extension. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will end up with Daniel Jones 2.0. Jones played well a couple years ago against average teams and won a playoff game. Then his 2023 went to hell and the Giants are stuck with his contract.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:55 AM 07-27-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
One year is never enough to evaluate a QB. In the case of Love, it's 1/2 a year. If I were a GM, I would insist on at least 2 years of good QB play to earn an extension. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will end up with Daniel Jones 2.0. Jones played well a couple years ago against average teams and won a playoff game. Then his 2023 went to hell and the Giants are stuck with his contract.
As outsiders, we only have a year of play to evaluate but he has been with GB much longer than that, so they are making a decision with much more information than we have.

It does seem like bad process, both from having squandered his cheap years and also because of that having to make a big decision with not much actual live game data.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up