ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:55 AM 07-10-2024
Who seen the Texans making noise last year?

Who is that team this year? Seems there is a team or two who surprise all the pundits.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:55 AM 07-10-2024
LOL noooooo!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:56 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the Jets are going to be a real problem. Rodgers is going to be good enough to win 10 games at least if he stays healthy (a big if). The bigger problem is Mike Williams -- if he can return mostly to form, then their offense becomes near-unstoppable with a healthy Rodgers. Williams is a large injury risk. So I don't know why everybody is hating on you, other than ChiefsPlanet morphed into Arrowhead Pride in 2017.

I think the team this board is sleeping on because they hate them so much is the Bills. The hate we have for that team on this board has created a collective blindspot.

Considering the colossal cap challenges the Bills have this year, they had a brilliant offseason. I think they let the right players walk, they made smart, calculated bargain signings, and they drafted absurdly well.

Overall, the talent around Josh Allen has declined, but it didn't collapse, like it has for the Chargers. That's because the Bills are simply better run.

But if you took a ton of the talent away from Mahomes/Reid, they'd still find a way to win 11 games. We don't want to hear it, because we hate them, but Allen/McDermott are as close to that as the AFC has. They'll win 10+ games, win the AFCE, and get a top 3 seed in the AFC, I think.
More proof you are the worst evaluator of football thus board has ever seen. Wow that's a garbage take.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:57 AM 07-10-2024
I think the Jets are going to be a real problem. Rodgers is going to be good enough to win 10 games at least if he stays healthy (a big if). The bigger problem is Mike Williams -- if he can return mostly to form, then their offense becomes near-unstoppable with a healthy Rodgers. Williams is a large injury risk. So I don't know why everybody is hating on you, other than ChiefsPlanet morphed into Arrowhead Pride in 2017.

I think the team this board is sleeping on because they hate them so much is the Bills. The hate we have for that team on this board has created a collective blindspot.

Considering the colossal cap challenges the Bills have this year, they had a brilliant offseason. I think they let the right players walk, they made smart, calculated bargain signings, and they drafted absurdly well.

Overall, the talent around Josh Allen has declined, but it didn't collapse, like it has for the Chargers. That's because the Bills are simply better run.

But if you took a ton of the talent away from Mahomes/Reid, they'd still find a way to win 11 games. We don't want to hear it, because we hate them, but Allen/McDermott are as close to that as the AFC has. They'll win 10+ games, win the AFCE, and get a top 3 seed in the AFC, I think.
So what you're saying is IF Mike Williams stays healthy (spoiler alert: he's only done that one season in his entire career) and IF Rodgers reverts to mid 2010s form, the Jets offense becomes so unstoppable that they still finish second in the division to the Bills, who have basically lost everyone on their roster besides Josh Allen? Am I reading this correctly?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 AM 07-10-2024
Also, the Bills were a cheap Toney offsides away from missing the playoffs entirely so please never mention them in the same sentence as KC again
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:59 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
So what you're saying is IF Mike Williams stays healthy (spoiler alert: he's only done that one season in his entire career) and IF Rodgers reverts to mid 2010s form, the Jets offense becomes so unstoppable that they still finish second in the division to the Bills, who have basically lost everyone on their roster besides Josh Allen? Am I reading this correctly?
Yup and the same Bills who realistically should have missed the playoffs are a lock every year to make the playoffs. Gutted their entire roster, had a terrible offseason, terrible draft. Are suddenly some super team full of studs.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:01 PM 07-10-2024
When you can roll into a season with Shitkur and the janitor version of Samuel as your top 2 targets, you just have to do it!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 PM 07-10-2024

There it is, folks. We beat the Jets in the AFC Championship on our way to another Super Bowl.
[Reply]
scho63 12:15 PM 07-10-2024
Zero
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 07-10-2024
Some of the reaction here is weird.

That's a top 10 defense, they have a bevy of playmakers at WR and RB, they invested heavily in the OL in the draft and FA.

If you keep Rodgers upright he's going to find the open guys and make the throws. I don't think they're a juggernaut but they in my view should be thought of as probably the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:17 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

That's a top 10 defense, they have a bevy of playmakers at WR and RB, they invested heavily in the OL in the draft and FA.

If you keep Rodgers upright he's going to find the open guys and make the throws. I don't think they're a juggernaut but they in my view should be thought of as probably the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC.
Wolves don’t worry about sheep bud. Go watch some Andrew Tate
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wolves don’t worry about sheep bud. Go watch some Andrew Tate
For the love of Christ...
[Reply]
Jerm 12:22 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Bevy of playmakers doing a lot of heavy lifting here....who outside of Wilson and Hall actually are difference makers? Mike Williams coming off an ACL tear? Sure I guess....

Lazard? A rookie in Corley? Ty Conklin lol? Sure.

The Jets have a great defense but I'm not putting faith in Salah, an old OL that is historically injury riddled, and an old nutball QB coming off an Achilles tear.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Bevy of playmakers doing a lot of heavy lifting here....who outside of Wilson and Hall actually are difference makers? Mike Williams coming off an ACL tear? Sure I guess....

Lazard? A rookie in Corley? Ty Conklin lol? Sure.

The Jets have a great defense but I'm not putting faith in Salah, an old OL that is historically injury riddled, and an old nutball QB coming off an Achilles tear.
Do we not expect guys like Braelon Allen and Abanikanda to contribute at RB, they were both pretty well regarded prospects and young RB's tend to produce.

A Wilson and Williams pairing is good and Corley is essentially a perfect slot fit.

Also their OL doesn't even require depending on Tyron Smith if he plays great if not they signed Moses and drafted Fashanu.

With what's happened in that division I think they're an 11-12 win team, does that make them some massive threat to the Chiefs? No, are they a joke? Also no.
[Reply]
Tonka83 12:30 PM 07-10-2024
Craig Carton says they are winning the Superbowl this year, which basically guarantees them to be dead last in their division.

That's really all you need to know.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up