ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I didn't have "Niners defenders held up" on my bingo card
LagunaSWana 10:59 AM Today

Great escape by Mahomes ... but he has such an advantage because defenders are afraid to hit him full force as he tightropes the sideline. It's almost not fair.

— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) October 20, 2024

I'm not exaggerating here: I think this kind of rope a dope is garbage, especially when you whine the second you get nicked a half step out of bounds. QBs, when they scramble, should be treated as running backs. Period. https://t.co/hQhUWSJoqb

— Kevin Van Valkenburg (@KVanValkenburg) October 20, 2024

Watch everyone slow up because they dont want to hit a QB late who is going out of bounds. This is the like the fake slide, not some amazing athletic feat. https://t.co/e1EyEMFwml

— Brian Peacock (@BDPeacock) October 20, 2024

It's like these low FBIQ morons didn't even watch the play.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
Who was in a position to light him up on this play?
It'll come from someone like 91 in a trailing position during a pointless game right before the playoffs. ..... and they'll be more than happy with eating the flag when Pat's stutter step and then sideline dip makes it happen a half step out of bounds.

Lets just hope it's a decleating shoulder slap and not a drive through his legs when it happens.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:57 PM Today
Once a QB is running, just hit him and make the tackle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM Today
I kinda feel like most guys are talking about the rules more than PM.

Though I do wonder what they're seeing that I'm not. "He faked going out of bounds..."

Huh? Did I miss that? If anything his fake was a lateral and he was showing that he was going to stay IN bounds.

And Warner didn't act like someone who thought he was going out of bounds, he was angling in front of him to cut off a continued downfield run. Warner looked like he was trying to 'scare' Mahomes OOB but I didn't see anything from Mahomes that presented like he intended to do so.

Maybe I just missed it?
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 01:28 PM Today
One thing that has been overlooked on this play is that Hunt really made it happen. He pushes 53 who ends up out of bounds and then immediately turns to block 90. The small window Mahomes used to sneak between those two players is 100% because of Kareem Freaking Hunt. Just one more reason to love him coming back to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Though I do wonder what they're seeing that I'm not. "He faked going out of bounds..."

Huh? Did I miss that? If anything his fake was a lateral and he was showing that he was going to stay IN bounds.

And Warner didn't act like someone who thought he was going out of bounds, he was angling in front of him to cut off a continued downfield run. Warner looked like he was trying to 'scare' Mahomes OOB but I didn't see anything from Mahomes that presented like he intended to do so.

Maybe I just missed it?
He pump faked throwing the ball. This messed with the defenders more than anything else. Patrick is also more elusive than anyone wants to admit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Maybe I just missed it?
It's because he slowed down to ol`e that fool.

What Lamar does is gear down while he's headed to the sideline, then if there is an opening he kicks on the jets and it is wildly effective because his acceleration is elite.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He pump faked throwing the ball. This messed with the defenders more than anything else. Patrick is also more elusive than anyone wants to admit.
Stroup has a video from a couple years back about his 'curvilinear speed' saying that Mahomes is able to FASTER in an arc than he does in a straight line. And that he can go backwards at something like 90% of his forward speed.

He contrasts 'race speed' to 'game speed' and goes through what it is that Mahomes does that's unique and why he's more elusive than his straight line speed would indicate.

I don't know how to post an 'unrolled' thread but here it is.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...398716930.html
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM Today
The thing that surprised me was how fast Patrick accelerated after the stuff near the sideline. He came out of that last juke and just looked FAST.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM Today
The thing that surprised me was how fast Patrick accelerated after the stuff near the sideline. He came out of that last juke and just looked FAST.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:49 PM Today
It’s funny to me because half of the shit Bobby posts (Mahomes stretches, Mahomes “arc” speed, demanding Mahomes have a dad bod) feels straight up snake-oily.

And then you see Pat do shit like this and promptly :-).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I mean, kind of? You don't have to "light him the fuck up" to push him OOB. It looks to me like the first guy just whiffed and the next closest guys were half-assing it, so they got outrun.
People are conveniently forgetting this. If a player is near the sidelines, you don’t need to unload on him. Put your body into him, guide him out, or simply push him out. It’s very simple if you’re actually in proper position, which #53 was not thanks to the block from Kareem.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
People are conveniently forgetting this. If a player is near the sidelines, you don’t need to unload on him. Put your body into him, guide him out, or simply push him out. It’s very simple if you’re actually in proper position, which #53 was not thanks to the block from Kareem.
So it looks we have intent here
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s funny to me because half of the shit Bobby posts (Mahomes stretches, Mahomes “arc” speed, Mahomes needing a dad bod) feels straight up snake-oily.

And then you see Pat do shit like this and promptly :-).
Yeah, I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a mashup of Mahomes doing Mahomes shit, and somehow, inexplicably doing really really similar movements from training videos. It was fucking incredible. I wanted to hire him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:29 PM Today
Lmao as if he hasn't been absolutely lit up on the sidelines as fuck ton of times. No one has ever let up on hitting him before. He was literally running up the sideline. That play has been done hundreds of times, but he made the defender look like a retard, so now it's because the player let up.

Sure
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao as if he hasn't been absolutely lit up on the sidelines as fuck ton of times. No one has ever let up on hitting him before. He was literally running up the sideline. That play has been done hundreds of times, but he made the defender look like a reerun, so now it's because the player let up.

Sure
Yeah, but a Bengals player and a Packers player got flagged for hitting Mahomes on/near the sideline so now every player is afraid to breathe on him.. or something..

The call against the Packers player was bad but that’s the only one that was actually questionable. I don’t buy that players act any differently with Mahomes near the sidelines than they do any other QB.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:39 PM Today
every fucking week we have to hear this or that...refs or rules or whatever...Get over it....
Acknowledge us
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up