ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WE ARE GOING TO GET TY LAW!!!!!!!
SLAG 09:34 PM 07-11-2006
Per
Jack Harry on 10PM News

Willie Roaf has Now Restructured his contract...

Originally Posted by Wild Eyed Jack Harry:

..THIS MEANS WE ARE GOING TO FREE CAP SPACE.... THE CHIEFS CAN GO GET TY LAW... THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO GET TY LAW...

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Lurch 06:45 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by blueballs:
Law=way over rated
He'd still be the no worse than the second best DB on our team.
[Reply]
milkman 07:29 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder:
Am I the only one that actually thinks Ty Law will be a Chief?
I don't think Law, without better production from the DTs, helps the defense improve much.

So, of course, I believe he'll be a Chief.

We do everything bassackwards.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:58 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by milkman:
I don't think Law, without better production from the DTs, helps the defense improve much.

So, of course, I believe he'll be a Chief.

We do everything bassackwards.
Oh, I don't know. I think suck-ass DT's with Ty Law has got to be better than suck-ass DT's with Lenny Walls. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
milkman 09:02 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Oh, I don't know. I think suck-ass DT's with Ty Law has got to be better than suck-ass DT's with Lenny Walls. Just my opinion.
My guess is that Law, in having to cover for as long as he will, will kill us PI and holding penalties.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:07 AM 07-12-2006
I bet Jack Harry thinks that if he gets one of these right people are going to forget what an assclown he is.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 09:09 AM 07-12-2006
Why do people think Law is over rated when he had 10 picks last year, made the Pro Bowl and is familiar with Herm's system?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
Why do people think Law is over rated when he had 10 picks last year, made the Pro Bowl and is familiar with Herm's system?
Depends upon what you're rating him against.

At one point, he wanted a $40M contract with at least $10M up-front. That, to me, is overrated.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:14 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
Where else would they rather spend the money? Who else should we sign at this point?

This has zero downside, for this season at the very least.
[Reply]
Moooo 09:16 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Where else would they rather spend the money? Who else should we sign at this point?

Cause 4 of them were in one game. That's what you're going to hear.

Personally, I don't think it would change the complexion of our D significantly in the Cover 2 scheme. I know that's what he does best, but I question if it will be worth 8 digits worth of payroll.

Moooo
[Reply]
Chiefnj 09:18 AM 07-12-2006
The only thing I can thaink of would be to extend the contracts of LJ and Jared Allen. However, you need two to tango and I have no idea if either player is interested in doing so at this time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 07-12-2006

I'm assuming you're talking to me.

I personally don't think we need Ty Law at all. If he wants to come here for a 1-year deal, I would agree with you - there's no downside.

But there's no way I give the guy a multi-year contract worth the kind of figures he's asking. For his 10 INT's and Pro-Bowl appearance, he didn't play all that well, giving up quite a few big plays and committing costly penalties.
[Reply]
StcChief 09:30 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm assuming you're talking to me.

I personally don't think we need Ty Law at all. If he wants to come here for a 1-year deal, I would agree with you - there's no downside.

But there's no way I give the guy a multi-year contract worth the kind of figures he's asking. For his 10 INT's and Pro-Bowl appearance, he didn't play all that well, giving up quite a few big plays and committing costly penalties.
One year Incentive laden contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by nm_dbf:
One year Incentive laden contract.
I agree.

Of course, Ty Law will never agree to such a contract.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:34 AM 07-12-2006
Per KFFL...

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs | Law continuing to workout
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:49:29 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports free agent CB Ty Law is working out in St. Louis with famous track coach Bob Kersee to stay in shape. "I'd love to have the opportunity to play for (Kansas City), especially going up there and being reunited with Herm Edwards, because we have some unfinished business," Law said. "If we get together again, fine. But at the same time, we both know this is a business, and all fairy tales don't come true."

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:36 AM 07-12-2006
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
Roaf did sign a new deal, but I had figured the Chiefs already had enough money for Law.
i think we did.......

Roaf just squeezed more cash outa of the chiefs ..... had nothing to do with Law.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up