ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Atlanta Can Suck My... you know the thing
BigRichard 03:19 PM 09-23-2024
Outside of the Chiefs winning that entire trip was just complete shit...

I pay for tickets to a tail gate party that never happened(not sure I will get my money back either). Hey BigRedChief... I know you said people will get their money back but I paid directly to that dumb bitch that fucked everyone through paypal so I am not sure that is going to happen.

We are leaving this morning and my truck is parked across the street from our hotel in a paid lot... window is broken out. Police were already aware as they had a thing on the windshield saying to contact them and giving me the case ID. Luckily, if anything was stolen, I it was minimal because I had taken anything of any value out of the truck. Oh shit I just forgot, the one thing I had noticed they had taken... a gigantic bag of sunflower seeds. I am happy they didn't break anything else I guess.

Then the final topper, we are driving home and we stop at this bar and grill for a bite to eat. I try to fix my parking job a little bit and start to back up and bamb... felt like I hit something and my truck jerks. I check all my mirros and cameras... nothing. All of sudden, my dashboard lights up like a christmas tree and my engine light comes on. I have a code reader in my truck so I plug it in and all sort of TCM codes had come up. I get lucky and there is a RAM dealership literally across the street. Take it over there and they are super nice and check it out fairly quick for me. I explain to the mechanic what happened and he asks if it is possible I maybe had the gear just slightly not all the way down into reverse... I tell him sure... definitely possible. That was what he thought maybe happened as everything looked fine and it seemed to be running/driving fine now except the codes. So no money spent here but a waste of another 2-3 hours.

Fuck Atlanta... fuck them right in their asses.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seattle wins the shithole prize for me. What a filthy, blighted pit. And I deliberately picked a hotel right in the heart of the downtown business district assuming that, like Chicago, at least the downtown area would be clean and reasonably safe. Wrong. Trash, shuttered businesses and aggressive stinking bums everywhere. When we dared to venture out, the hotel staff warned us what nearby streets to avoid, and considering how bad what they considered okay was, I don't even want to think about the ones they warned us away from. It was so nasty that it made the Chicago Loop look like Scottsdale. And that was eight years ago, so I can only imagine how bad it must be now.
The reason I won't include Seattle in this thing is that if you get 15 minutes outside of Seattle you're in some of the most beautiful areas in the country.

Technically speaking it's not Seattle proper, but it's still Seattle adjacent.

It's just way way way too easy to find incredible places immediately outside of Seattle to keep it on the same level as Atlanta.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The reason I won't include Seattle in this thing is that if you get 15 minutes outside of Seattle you're in some of the most beautiful areas in the country.

Technically speaking it's not Seattle proper, but it's still Seattle adjacent.

It's just way way way too easy to find incredible places immediately outside of Seattle to keep it on the same level as Atlanta.
To be fair, we only had part of one day to explore the city. Boarded a cruise ship for Alaska the following day, and went straight to the airport when we got back. The only "landmark" we visited was the Pike Street Fish Market, which was just as unimpressive as everything else. We got there late on a hot day, and it stank of dead fish so badly that we left immediately.

Our final port stop was Victoria, BC. Victoria was clean and beautiful. It was basically what I expected Seattle to be.
[Reply]
loochy 09:21 AM Today
Seattle wins the shithole prize for me. What a filthy, blighted pit. And I deliberately picked a hotel right in the heart of the downtown business district assuming that, like Chicago, at least the downtown area would be clean and reasonably safe. Wrong. Trash, shuttered businesses and aggressive stinking bums everywhere. When we dared to venture out, the hotel staff warned us what nearby streets to avoid, and considering how bad what they considered okay was, I don't even want to think about the ones they warned us away from. It was so nasty that it made the Chicago Loop look like Scottsdale. And that was eight years ago, so I can only imagine how bad it must be now.

In my experience, downtown Seattle was fun and clean! Lots was going on and we felt completely safe walking to and from the hotel. The bums were well behaved and not yelling at clouds or harassing people. FYI, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and walked down to the Pike Place Market and Aquarium areas. Maybe immediately north and south of there it gets bad? :-) But we had no issues. Then the next day we took an Uber up to the cruise ship port and we passed through some absolutely beautiful neighborhoods up north of downtown.

I was definitely not a fan of the airport though. It felt dark and dingy and halfway underground.
[Reply]
loochy 09:24 AM Today
To be fair, we only had part of one day to explore the city. Boarded a cruise ship for Alaska the following day, and went straight to the airport when we got back. The only "landmark" we visited was the Pike Street Fish Market, which was just as unimpressive as everything else. We got there late on a hot day, and it stank of dead fish so badly that we left immediately.

Our final port stop was Victoria, BC. Victoria was clean and beautiful. It was basically what I expected Seattle to be.

I've been to Victoria too. It's clean and beautiful EVERYWHERE. We spent a few days there before heading up to Tofino/Ucluelet. It's on my short list of places to have a house if I ever win the lottery. All of the neighborhoods are clean and pretty and nice, it's beautifully green, the people are wonderful, and the weather is pretty consistent....never super cold, never super hot. And the airport is tiny and wonderful!
[Reply]
Frazod 09:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by loochy:
In my experience, downtown Seattle was fun and clean! Lots was going on and we felt completely safe walking to and from the hotel. The bums were well behaved and not yelling at clouds or harassing people. FYI, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and walked down to the Pike Place Market and Aquarium areas. Maybe immediately north and south of there it gets bad? :-) But we had no issues. Then the next day we took an Uber up to the cruise ship port and we passed through some absolutely beautiful neighborhoods up north of downtown.

I was definitely not a fan of the airport though. It felt dark and dingy and halfway underground.
Well, good for you, I guess, but my experience was the exact polar opposite. Of course, the airport sucked as well. My main memories of it were the amounts of birds inside, which resulted in bird shit all over the place, and the TSA goon who damn near sexually assaulted me. I can only assume he was a former jarhead who took exception with the Navy hat I was wearing. That was the final cherry on top of my lovely Seattle experience. There will never be another one.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:32 AM Today
SF and LA have redeeming qualities.

Maybe the dregs of Atlanta are 'better' than the Dregs of SF and LA (though its debateable). But both LA and SF have beautiful weather, attractive scenery and all sorts of things to do.

Atlanta sucks. The weather sucks. The people suck. Everything about Atlanta sucks.
I would agree with you about San Fran....but LA? Not a chance. My many trips there for business and to visit the Corporate office were less than impressive. I wasn't anywhere near a beach, but just the people alone made it annoying. I must have had that "midwest vibe" going on because I found most of the people I tried to converse with or just be civil (these are people I worked with ) were irritating.

I find Atlanta a place to avoid at all costs. My last visit there we did go to the Coca Cola museum and that was actually pretty cool, but everything about what was around that was ugh. When I have to fly thru Atlanta I know the airport well enough to navigate around, which restaurant I want to go to and how to get back to my gate in time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:47 AM Today
Seattle was a shithole when I went there 10 years ago, cant imagine how bad it is now.

I've been to Chicago many times, its not nearly the shithole Seattle is overall.

I will also add I love the state of Georgia and would consider moving there later in life.

Not Atlanta, but the state itself is generally a nice place IMO with reasonable cost of living and mild winters.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:56 AM Today
SF and LA have redeeming qualities.

Maybe the dregs of Atlanta are 'better' than the Dregs of SF and LA (though its debateable). But both LA and SF have beautiful weather, attractive scenery and all sorts of things to do.

Atlanta sucks. The weather sucks. The people suck. Everything about Atlanta sucks.
Ah I didn’t even consider the weather. Yah I’m sure the humidity in ATL is borderline unbearable.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:01 AM Today
Loved it in the 1990’s. Total shit-show in late 2010’s. (Figuratively and literally: Saw a woman take a dump in a crosswalk.)
[Reply]
Tonka83 10:02 AM Today
I live in Georgia (Golden Isles) and I avoid Atlanta like the plague.
I've lived in Socal and DFW/Fort worth, and can honestly say the traffic in Atlanta is as bad as I've ever had to deal with. Thousands of horrible drivers driving shitbox cars on poorly designed roads makes for a bad time. DC isn't too far behind.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
I've lived in Socal and DFW/Fort worth, and can honestly say the traffic in Atlanta is as bad as I've ever had to deal with. Thousands of horrible drivers driving shitbox cars on poorly designed roads makes for a bad time. DC isn't too far behind.
Worst traffic I've ever seen is strangely in Nashville.

I think they just were not at all prepared for the population explosion and had to hustle to build infrastructure. As a result, highways were always closed for expansion and snarls were everywhere.

I suspect by now they've gotten a lot of it resolved, but 3-5 years ago, Nashville was ALWAYS a damn disaster to try to get around in.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:38 AM Today
Worst traffic I've ever seen is strangely in Nashville.

I think they just were not at all prepared for the population explosion and had to hustle to build infrastructure. As a result, highways were always closed for expansion and snarls were everywhere.

I suspect by now they've gotten a lot of it resolved, but 3-5 years ago, Nashville was ALWAYS a damn disaster to try to get around in.
You would hate Austin then
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:45 AM Today
I’ve only ever passed through Atlanta on the Greyhound Bus system twenty-something years ago but I’ve got a few memories:

1. We pulled into the station pretty late one night. It’s been so long that’s it’s hard to remember but I’d guess somewhere between 11p-1a. There were a ton of people there and I noted that it seemed oddly busy for the time of night. I’m walking to the entrance and there are a couple young dudes standing on either side of the doorway. As I’m approaching the door, probably struggling a bit with my bag, one of the guys was like “Open up the door for him!” to the other one. And his friend did.

I didn't notice either of the guys with a bag so I was left wondering wtf they were doing hanging out at a Greyhound Station.

Were they just weary bagless travelers? Friendly drug dealers? Human traffickers with crumbs of a conscience? The world will never know.

2. Like I said, it was pretty late. Crazy busy. Lines wrapped around the station. At one point it was going to be a while waiting on the next bus so I remember this dude in military fatigues was like “Alright, I guess I’ll get some sleep”. Man just lays down on the floor of this busy ass hub using his bag as a pillow and knocks tf out.

I will never forget how crazy that seemed. Traveling alone, dirty ass floor, late at night, surrounded by a bunch of people you don’t know in a seedy space. I could never.

3. Riding into the city on whichever interstate we were on that seemed like there were 6 lanes on each side. My memory may have added lanes in the two+ decades since but to this day I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a wide road and I’ve been to LA, DC, NYC, etc.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:23 PM Today

Yeah I was there a couple of weeks ago and also stayed downtown. It was a shithole, but still not nearly as bad as Portland, now that's a shithole! I have both of those cities in my territory and have to go to each of them at least once a quarter. Every time I'm in Portland, I expect to have to fight my way off the street.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
That GA 400/285 dumpster fire in North Atlanta/Sandy Springs-area has to be one of the biggest epic fail road construction projects ever.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up