ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024/2025 KC Royals Offseason Thread***
GabyKeepsMeWarm 03:35 AM Yesterday
Royals went from 56-106 to 86-76.

Made the playoffs. Took out the Orioles on the road.

Lost in four games to the Yankees by 4 runs.

Finally got a bullpen.

Had two pitchers who will finish in the top five for the Cy Young.

Bobby Witt jr turned into a superstar likely being an MVP #2 to that phag in NY.

Salvy just kept doing Salvy stuff.

Vinnie came back from shoulder surgery and had a helluva year.

Cole Ragans had a full season. His arm didn’t fall off. He’s probably top five for Cy Young.

Seth Lugo is gonna finish top five for Cy Young. He’s like Rick Reed. And he’s ours for at least another season.

Brady Singer will get his next time with arbitration. And I’m ambivalent, but I know it’s damn hard to find healthy arms who could be be better as a 3/4 starter.

Michael Wacha was more than everything we could’ve ever wanted, but I say let that man fly unless he wants to take a dumb contract, which he won’t do.

That gives us Alec Marsh who was pretty great for his role.

And we have Wright coming in, plus Bubic who could start.

But this team needs another bat and wingman for Bobby. It’s perfect that Juan Soto would fill many roles, but it ain’t happening.

Adames is someone I like. And we can dangle Massey/Garcia. Just a thought.

This team…. I hope they go into the offseason working hard, and I hope they got the glitter out of their eyes.

Good team with obvious weakness, and a perennial superstar ready to erupt….

Sherman and JJ should be on the phone soon
[Reply]
New World Order 10:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Another 30 game improvement I suspect
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by nychief:
I know.... he'll figure it out... but probably not here? That swing is just so strange... way open, steps in a bucket...he's naturally strong...but **** a duck that swing does not help him.

On another note....I hope they bring back Seitzer in some capacity, he was just fired by Atlanta.
The biggest problem with MJ is his value now is completely decoupled with what he was coming up. He has really become exactly what he was in the minors barring one fluke 2021 covid year: a guy who can hit for some power at catcher at the cost of batting average and plate discipline and he will never hit lefties. But instead of above average defensive skills at catcher(or at least that’s what the rankings said) and a generally above average bat for a catcher, we moved him to a position that he is below average at in every way, thus ruining most of his value. There is nothing for him to “figure out” unless we move him back to catcher.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:55 AM Today
C - Salvy
1st - Vinnie
2nd - Massey
SS - Witt
3rd - Garcia (a replacement would be nice, but I'm willing to give him one more year. He's only 24 right now.

I do think that Waters should get a shot at CF over Isbel. If not we need to upgrade all of our OF.
[Reply]
nychief 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
The biggest problem with MJ is his value now is completely decoupled with what he was coming up. He has really become exactly what he was in the minors barring one fluke 2021 covid year: a guy who can hit for some power at catcher at the cost of batting average and plate discipline and he will never hit lefties. But instead of above average defensive skills at catcher(or at least that’s what the rankings said) and a generally above average bat for a catcher, we moved him to a position that he is below average at in every way, thus ruining most of his value. There is nothing for him to “figure out” unless we move him back to catcher.

I just know he's going to have one outlier year with some team where he belts 45 homers...

Agree with all this... but despite the hype of him being a good defensive catcher - he was a butcher back there once he came up. I don't know what happened.
[Reply]
nychief 12:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
C - Salvy
1st - Vinnie
2nd - Massey
SS - Witt
3rd - Garcia (a replacement would be nice, but I'm willing to give him one more year. He's only 24 right now.

I do think that Waters should get a shot at CF over Isbel. If not we need to upgrade all of our OF.

I don't want to watch Salvy catch as much anymore, he was worn down by the playoffs...he just isn't great back there anymore (although his framing was vastly improved this season). I'd rather have him DH and spell Vinny more often - catch occationally.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
what's the harm in bringing in seitzer? i mean really. he's a pro at hitting. need some tweeks with several of our bats.

#fight me.

p.s. fuck the yankees.
I think Seitzer is pretty good at his job, but he kinda wears out his welcome. Too much red-ass little man syndrome, and after awhile, the players simply stop receiving the message. But is he worth a look? Sure, why not?
[Reply]
TLO 01:12 PM Today
This would not be a popular decision but I think exploring trade options for Salvy would be smart.

I love the guy, and I love what he has meant for baseball in KC over the last 10+ years.

It would certainly have to be the right return, but you have to leave that door open.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:16 PM Today
Agreed.

Be open to trade the Salvy
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:33 PM Today
LOL Salvy isn't getting traded. That window closed last year.
[Reply]
nychief 02:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
I think Seitzer is pretty good at his job, but he kinda wears out his welcome. Too much red-ass little man syndrome, and after awhile, the players simply stop receiving the message. But is he worth a look? Sure, why not?

I don't think they replace Zumwalt and the other guy... but you could bring Seitzer in at an organizational level... but I doubt he stays unemployed very long, he had a lot of success in Atlanta.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:20 PM Today
Need to get a leadoff hitter with an OBP that is useful.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by TLO:
This would not be a popular decision but I think exploring trade options for Salvy would be smart.

I love the guy, and I love what he has meant for baseball in KC over the last 10+ years.

It would certainly have to be the right return, but you have to leave that door open.
Won't happen at all. They would've traded him after the 48 hr season. He's more valuable here at this point.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up