ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kafka to NYG as OC
Dante84 12:02 PM 02-03-2022
Damn

The #Giants are in talks on a deal to hire #Chiefs QBs coach Mike Kafka as their OC, per @MikeGarafolo. The former NFL QB has been working with Andy Reid for the last several years and is considered an up-and-coming coach in the league. Big hire for Brian Daboll.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 3, 2022

[Reply]
booger 12:33 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It makes no damn sense. Nagy ran one of the worst, most predictable and ill-suited offenses in the league these last few seasons.
With shit qbs. Nobody said bring him in to call plays. Just get him back on staff and evaluate him for the future and whether he makes sense or not. He’s never had a chance to work with Mahomes. Lots of HCs fuck up their first shot. Doesn’t hurt a fucking thing to bring him back and sit him in the press box on game day and go from there
[Reply]
Bowser 12:35 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well…he kind of chose them.
Fortunately, that wouldn't be a concern here.

And honestly, I'd take a guy outside the organization for OC right now. It's still Andy's offense and always will be, but I think new ideas could be a bit refreshing going into year five of Mahomes.
[Reply]
-King- 12:36 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well…he kind of chose them.
Trubisky was already drafted when he was hired and apparently he wasn't a big Justin Fields guy.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:36 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Did you not watch the AFCCG?
Hey you gonna walk into Reid's office and tell him he's dumb? Ok go for it. Reid is going to listen to Reid. If you want to fire him and get an new coach who will have better clock management and situational play calling skills be my guest but the system might suck.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Trubisky was already drafted when he was hired and apparently he wasn't a big Justin Fields guy.
That’s on Nagy for being an idiot then.

He took the job knowing that Trubisky was there, signed Dalton as his QB and apparently had no pull with not drafting Fields.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:38 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hey you gonna walk into Reid's office and tell him he's dumb? Ok go for it. Reid is going to listen to Reid. If you want to fire him and get an new coach who will have better clock management and situational play calling skills be my guest but the system might suck.
Reids play calling has nothing to do with needing a QB coach. PM reverted back to almost every negative he had coming out of college. QB coach works with the QB so they don't do stupid things like take a 20 yd sack on goal to go at the 5 yd line.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 02-03-2022
Reids play calling has nothing to do with needing a QB coach. PM reverted back to almost every negative he had coming out of college. QB coach works with the QB so they don't do stupid things like take a 20 yd sack on goal to go at the 5 yd line.
Good luck with a QB who has been to more than one super bowl, has been MVP, and the highest contract ever of any NFL player listening to a QB coach about --- anything.

You think Salvador Perez listens to the Royals hitting coach? Hell no.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:42 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So our QB Coach is an up and coming coach in the league yet our OC can't get a job.

LOL WTF
I think that says a lot about EB.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:43 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
With shit qbs.
Dude, he had two first round draft pick QB's and was terrible with both of them. He offense was widely regarded as out of date, poorly designed and he didn't scheme to the strengths of his QB's.

We don't need any has-been and never-was guys. We need fresh minds, fresh ideas. Pluck from the McVay tree, idgaf. But the staff needs an injection of invigoration. Not a failed HC that proved he didn't have any offensive prowess.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:44 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Good luck with a QB who has been to more than one super bowl, has been MVP, and the highest contract ever of any NFL player listening to a QB coach about --- anything.

You think Salvador Perez listens to the Royals hitting coach? Hell no.
Thanks for explaining that your and idiot. Most successful people, especially high level athletes, are always looking at ways to be even more successful.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:45 PM 02-03-2022
Thanks for explaining that your and idiot. Most successful people, especially high level athletes, are always looking at ways to be even more successful.
I've actually in real life seen the more opposite being true. Since they are successful, they don't think they need to change or need any help.
[Reply]
booger 12:47 PM 02-03-2022
Culley was a very good teacher with the WRs. He always seemed very calming. Maybe him as QB coach for a year or two while whoever waits. Culley seems like a good balance to EB. Sometimes it’s about balancing out different personalities and putting them in the role they thrive at most. Plenty of time for Reid to evaluate and plenty of options
[Reply]
penguinz 12:49 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
Culley was a very good teacher with the WRs. He always seemed very calming. Maybe him as QB coach for a year or two while whoever waits. Culley seems like a good balance to EB. Sometimes it’s about balancing out different personalities and putting them in the role they thrive at most. Plenty of time for Reid to evaluate and plenty of options
Nothing says being a great WR coach and having a season where no WR catches a TD.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:51 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
This is a great career move. If Jones somehow turns it around in the next couple years. Mike will be a HC quick.
I hear you. 2022 is starting off wonderfully for the New York Giants.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:53 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

I ****ing hate the NFL.
Then stop watching. Duh.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up