ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What to do about Wanya Morris?
SHOWTIME 04:38 PM Yesterday
The guy is absolutely brutal

Veach needs to get Donovan Smith or Bakhtiari in here ASAP. Wanya is not sustainable for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
TLO 06:54 PM Yesterday
This might be the worst idea of all time - I'm not knowledgeable enough about OL play to know.

What about Tuney at LT and Morris at LG?
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:58 PM Yesterday
Those holding calls were some of the worst fucking calls I've ever seen.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Leave his fat ass at a Vegas buffet
Can we leave every one of your posts there as well?
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
The guy is absolutely brutal

Veach needs to get Donovan Smith or Bakhtiari in here ASAP. Wanya is not sustainable for the rest of the season.
The Raiders owned him last year also. He plays much worse against them than anyone.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:09 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Kingsley needs another trial by fire, with all of the help Morris has been getting
Morris got slightly easier assignments than Kingsley against the Saints and Falcons.

I'm okay with Reid continuing to roll with Morris over Kingsley since he's been in there so many weeks in a row. But I think more and more it's looking like Morris is not going to be the longterm answer past this season, which is probably why Reid gave all those starting snaps to Kingsley.

Dunno. It's a tough call. Maybe you start Morris until the division gets locked up then you throw Kingsley out there? Go with the best man after that in the playoffs?

I really don't want to see us going into the offseason next year in the exact same position as last year, where we had a lukewarm young guy, rando options off the street, and a raw player.

What would we do in that position? Draft another guy in the 1st 3 rounds and chalk up his poor play in his rookie year to inexperience? You mean like we've been doing?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue is, you usually have to get the type of LT we all want early in the draft or pay a lot for em

They need to develop Kingsley
This is a fact. Blue chip LTs are gone way before KC drafts.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:14 PM Yesterday
According to the internet Ref Nation has nothing to be concerned about
[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Morris got slightly easier assignments than Kingsley against the Saints and Falcons.

I'm okay with Reid continuing to roll with Morris over Kingsley since he's been in there so many weeks in a row. But I think more and more it's looking like Morris is not going to be the longterm answer past this season, which is probably why Reid gave all those starting snaps to Kingsley.

Dunno. It's a tough call. Maybe you start Morris until the division gets locked up then you throw Kingsley out there? Go with the best man after that in the playoffs?

I really don't want to see us going into the offseason next year in the exact same position as last year, where we had a lukewarm young guy, rando options off the street, and a raw player.

What would we do in that position? Draft another guy in the 1st 3 rounds and chalk up his poor play in his rookie year to inexperience? You mean like we've been doing?
Morris struggles against the Raiders. Try Kingsley against the Raiders next time and see how he performs against them.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue is, you usually have to get the type of LT we all want early in the draft or pay a lot for em

They need to develop Kingsley
This is the situation. LT is a position where the blue chip guys get drafted really early. We're never going to be drafting that high for the rest of history.
[Reply]
Womble 07:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is the situation. LT is a position where the blue chip guys get drafted really early. We're never going to be drafting that high for the rest of history.

Dunno about that. Maybe we tank one year after our shitty LT gets Mahomes killed and we can then draft his replacement at LT.
[Reply]
Bump 08:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
we haven't had a top 20 pick in like 10 years besides the greatest trade up of all time when we traded to #10 that one year.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 08:05 PM Yesterday
Kingsley just needs some time. He'll get there
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 08:11 PM Yesterday
Despite playing a very badly, he did better than last year so at least there’s some improvement. I think today shows we need to try something different. I guess he’s playing instead of Kingsley because Kingsley is even worse in terms of what the coaching staff sees, and it’s hard to argue that given what we all saw in the games were Kingsley started. If we could bring in Smith or Bacteari within what our cap allows, I think it would be worth trying that out. They might not be any better, but we won’t know until we try. If we could trade for someone who is good and we could keep [I mean, not just a one year rental) we should be even prepared to give up our number one Pick next year. but as someone else said, there doesn’t ever seem to be left tackles available in mid season trades. And I don’t see that mentioned as an option in any of the stuff I read on the web.

But after today, I don’t think we should just stand Pat and wait and see what happens without doing the best we can in terms of bringing someone else in.

The good news is our WR really doesn’t need another trade and it was encouraging to see the increased confidence. Mahomes seems to be in worthy. And our DBsseem to be OK although I certainly wouldn’t object to bringing in Latimore, if he could be had at a reasonable price.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Leno
Bahktiari
Smith
Lenos recovering from hip surgery.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:27 PM Yesterday
Also that second hold at the goal line was shit. Dude just fucking fell down in between Morris and Thuney. Refs had to keep Vegas in it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up