ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 391 of 391
« First < 291341381387388389390391
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:10 AM Today
Was in KC this past weekend and grabbed an Airbnb within walking distance to KC Bier Co. So drank a lot of Festbier. Their ArrowRed Lager is pretty crushable as well

Made it to BKS on Sunday but they still had some nice Pivo Fest beers on tap. Double Current is a pretty fantastic WCIPA and Space Nelson is always money. I actively did not care for Double Double (red label). Too malty for me but thats a personal preference

Didn't make it to Alma Mader. Once I bellied up at KCBC I was pretty much planted

Shout out to the pineapple rib fried rice at Buck Tui in OPKS. Not sure I'd put it on the must have bbq list in KC but it was a nice change up to traditional bbq
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:08 AM Today
KC Bier's Festbier is probably one of my all time favorite "Oktobefest" beers. I love that its not as malty as most of them so seems much lighter.
[Reply]
Womble 10:13 AM Today
Do you not get the Oktoberfest beers imported in from Germany? I love this month because all the craft beer pubs/shops have the Hacker and Augustiner Oktoberfest export beers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Womble:
Do you not get the Oktoberfest beers imported in from Germany? I love this month because all the craft beer pubs/shops have the Hacker and Augustiner Oktoberfest export beers.
Where I live I would probably have to drive 60-80 miles to find that kind of stuff but we get all the local and regional brewery Oktoberfest stuff.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
KC Bier's Festbier is probably one of my all time favorite "Oktobefest" beers. I love that its not as malty as most of them so seems much lighter.
It is lighter and less malty because a Festbier is akin to a a German Helles lager, which is very similar to a pilsner. Most American "Oktoberfest" beers mirror a German Marzen, which has more malt an carries a more amber color to it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by kgrund:
It is lighter and less malty because a Festbier is akin to a a German Helles lager, which is very similar to a pilsner. Most American "Oktoberfest" beers mirror a German Marzen, which has more malt an carries a more amber color to it.
Yea I am familiar, that's why they don't call it an Okotberfest. I just enjoy that style better and they are released around the same time.
[Reply]
Page 391 of 391
« First < 291341381387388389390391
Up