ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 85
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kareem Hunt Thread*****
Dante84 08:38 PM 04-28-2017
Updates to come.

[Reply]
RunKC 02:20 PM 09-25-2017
Mahomes, Hill and Hunt have the potential to be Big Ben, AB and Bell someday.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:15 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes, Hill and Hunt have the potential to be Big Ben, AB and Bell someday.
Throw in Kelce as well
[Reply]
BoneKrusher 03:23 PM 09-25-2017
Cream is a dream!
[Reply]
penbrook 03:32 PM 09-25-2017
People compare Hunt to Ricky Williams but better out of the backfield recieving
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:37 PM 09-25-2017
Hunt is like prime Marshawn in terms of how hard he is to tackle, with even more explosiveness and home run hitting capability. Oh, and he has Le'Veon Bell esque ball security.

The kid could be an all-timer if he catches some breaks with health.

He wears defenses down with his running style, much like people once said about Marshawn. It is clear when you look at his 4th quarter stats. He takes over the game. The LBs and safeties don't want to come up and hit him anymore.

This offense can be so damn deadly just as long as the line remains respectable and Smith plays aggressively, consistently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hunt is like prime Marshawn in terms of how hard he is to tackle, with even more explosiveness and home run hitting capability. Oh, and he has Le'Veon Bell esque ball security.

The kid could be an all-timer if he catches some breaks with health.

He wears defenses down with his running style, much like people once said about Marshawn. It is clear when you look at his 4th quarter stats. He takes over the game. The LBs and safeties don't want to come up and hit him anymore.

This offense can be so damn deadly just as long as the line remains respectable and Smith plays aggressively, consistently.
Marshawn's running style also wore him down.

At some point he may have to learn to balance ferocity with discretion. I get it - the kid's got a chip on his shoulder and right now he's running like every carry could be his last.

That's fun as hell to watch but he's not JC slipping through the line and avoiding solid contact (or even Marcus/Holmes). He's more like a shorter Eddie George going out there and bruising fools.

Eddie was washed up by 28 years old. Now that's a looooong ways away for a 22 yr old Hunt but at some point he may want to ask himself if another 200 yds/season by plowing into guys for his first 5 years is worth the 3-4 fewer effective seasons.

Honestly, it may be. Burn fast and bright is a totally acceptable career move for NFL RBs when the odds favor you being shot by 30 either way. But I sure do worry that we're looking at a guy that's going to be running on fumes by week 14.

George is the last guy I can recall running as hard as Hunt does and taking as many flush shots as Hunt takes. The guy's getting whacked out there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:49 PM 09-25-2017
The rookie RBs this year man...

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:51 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Marshawn's running style also wore him down.

At some point he may have to learn to balance ferocity with discretion. I get it - the kid's got a chip on his shoulder and right now he's running like every carry could be his last.

That's fun as hell to watch but he's not JC slipping through the line and avoiding solid contact (or even Marcus/Holmes). He's more like a shorter Eddie George going out there and bruising fools.

Eddie was washed up by 28 years old. Now that's a looooong ways away for a 22 yr old Hunt but at some point he may want to ask himself if another 200 yds/season by plowing into guys for his first 5 years is worth the 3-4 fewer effective seasons.

Honestly, it may be. Burn fast and bright is a totally acceptable career move for NFL RBs when the odds favor you being shot by 30 either way. But I sure do worry that we're looking at a guy that's going to be running on fumes by week 14.

George is the last guy I can recall running as hard as Hunt does and taking as many flush shots as Hunt takes. The guy's getting whacked out there.
I definitely hear what you are saying, but so far the coaching staff is doing an excellent job of limiting his touches too. He is only 11th in the league in carries despite leading the NFL by over 100 yards rushing. He is also 11th in overall touches.

I felt like he was taking more straight on hits yesterday than he had the previous two weeks, at least to the naked eye.
[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 09-25-2017
They need to get the other Hunt up to speed and get him some carries.

It would never ever happen, but can someone maybe plant some heroine in Saquans car? Him and Hunt would be pretty splendid

Actually, if Ware comes back healthy, those two paired would be nightmarish for defenses. I still think they need a little scat 3rd down back though
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The rookie RBs this year man...

So I said when we took Hunt that I preferred Kamara. I got that wrong, but in the end the guy I wanted wasn't even Kamara, it was Cohen.

I was eyeing Pumphrey in the late rounds for that role but holy Jesus, Cohen looks like Hill redux. I can't wrap my head around how awesome it would've been to snag that dude to go WITH Hunt. But he went a little earlier than I would've expected and man the Bears look to have struck gold there.

But if my memory serves the officials, as is their custom, fucked up that call and ruled him OOB. Because the officiating has been gaaaaaarbage this year. Just absolutely awful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:02 PM 09-25-2017
Yeah he was definitely in.

The thing is though, as good as he is, I'd still rather have Hunt. I don't think you can give Cohen 250 carries.

I'd much rather have a bellcow we can feed in the playoffs and pick up the tough yards. Ware could have been that guy but he pretty much failed in his audition I think.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I definitely hear what you are saying, but so far the coaching staff is doing an excellent job of limiting his touches too. He is only 11th in the league in carries despite leading the NFL by over 100 yards rushing. He is also 11th in overall touches.

I felt like he was taking more straight on hits yesterday than he had the previous two weeks, at least to the naked eye.
Yeah, I cringed several times yesterday.

He got friggen decked several times yesterday. I don't think there's anybody in the league that can stand up to that pounding for long.

Like I said, if they lose a game or two trying to protect him but it doesn't cost them the division, they just need to deal with that. You can't pare him back against Oakland/Denver but maybe against Dallas? NYG? In games that have a little less weight, maybe try to find a way to get him a bit of a blow.

Because fucking hell that was nasty on Sunday. For as few touches as he had, I feel like he took 6-8 really solid shots.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 09-25-2017
Yeah he was definitely in.

The thing is though, as good as he is, I'd still rather have Hunt. I don't think you can give Cohen 250 carries.

I'd much rather have a bellcow we can feed in the playoffs and pick up the tough yards. Ware could have been that guy but he pretty much failed in his audition I think.
I agree - knowing what I know now about Hunt and his ability to break tackles and maintain his momentum (that cutback vision is also a thing of beauty), he's the guy you want. Dalvin Cook may be the only guy in the conversation from this class (another RB I didn't like. I may not know shit about RBs...)

But the theory I was after heading into the draft was to find a dynamic game-breaker to complement Ware and get maybe 150-200 touches and holy shit is Cohen ever that guy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:08 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I cringed several times yesterday.

He got friggen decked several times yesterday. I don't think there's anybody in the league that can stand up to that pounding for long.

Like I said, if they lose a game or two trying to protect him but it doesn't cost them the division, they just need to deal with that. You can't pare him back against Oakland/Denver but maybe against Dallas? NYG? In games that have a little less weight, maybe try to find a way to get him a bit of a blow.

Because ****ing hell that was nasty on Sunday. For as few touches as he had, I feel like he took 6-8 really solid shots.
Had the passing offense not plateaued so hard yesterday, I think Hunt would have been able to rest a little easier in the 3rd and 4th quarters.. unfortunately, he was the only thing working yesterday for much of the game.

We need better consistency from the pass offense, and I hope that we will get it given that Kelce was completely invisible yesterday for whatever reason.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:15 PM 09-25-2017
Look at that hole! So proud of our offensive lines run blocking this year. They are doing a great job.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 85
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up