Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Nzoner's Game Room>***Wild Card Game #1 Royals @ Orioles 10/01/24 GDT***
cmh6476 12:00 AM Yesterday

The Boys are playin' some October ball! pic.twitter.com/ghrM2oMecn

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 28, 2024

[Reply]
Fish 09:27 PM Yesterday
Bobby shined in his first postseason opportunity. Love it...

Originally Posted by :
For practically his whole life, Witt had dreamed of this moment: standing in the batter’s box with a playoff game on the line. He loved the feeling of hitting the single that scored the deciding run in the Royals’ 1–0 win in Game 1 of the American League wild-card series over the Baltimore Orioles. But what he couldn’t stop talking about afterward was the soundtrack.

“It’s pretty cool just to hear everyone booing you when you go out there,” he said, beaming. “Hearing the fans yelling at you, and then when you’re able to get the job done and win a game, it’s pretty special.”

[...]

“Hearing the crowd here, I can’t imagine it at the K,” Witt said. They’ll be cheering for him.

https://www.si.com/mlb/bobby-witt-jr...n-over-orioles

[Reply]
Coach 09:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
Well, if Bobby and the boys take care of business tomorrow, they'll find out how electric the "K" will be.
[Reply]
srvy 09:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
No, he has not always been this way.

What 2015 WS call are talking about? Cause he didn't have the final call in game 5.

Also, what kinda bitches we got up in here upset that Denny didn't Gus Johnson the call? The boys won a huge game today and you estrogen laced ****s are whining about the radio call? **** straight off.
We're you listening on the radio the finale 3 out? You could barely hear him and no emotion.Much to long a pause before he made a barely audible strike three. He needs to pass the torch and let a younger enthusiastic person take it from here. Low T announcing. Blatner was old but still made it exciting.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by srvy:
We're you listening on the radio the finale 3 out? You could barely hear him and no emotion.Much to long a pause before he made a barely audible strike three. He needs to pass the torch and let a younger enthusiastic person take it from here. Low T announcing. Blatner was old but still made it exciting.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Fred White was a much better listen, and Blatner was fantastic....wish he had a longer tenure
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:38 PM Yesterday
Buddy Blatner was great and he was in his 50's when he came to the Royals. He was not some rah-rah announcer that you're making him out to be. He was very reserved in his call. That's who Denny learned the announcing business from.

Many times they let the crowd tell you what the outcome was. Like Denny did at the end the 2014 ALCS when Moose scooped up JJ Hardy's ground out and threw to first. He let the crowd tell you what happened.

And after 10 seconds "Kansas City... you got yourself a World Series".
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:16 AM Today
Valium, Vicodin and vodka for the win!
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:58 AM Today
Adley is salty about the low third strike call. Interestingly, I didn't hear them complaining about the inside ball call that resulted in the base runner on the prior at bat. Hmm
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Let's do the right thing today, Royals, and make this insufferable prick even more miserable than he already is.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'm praying they get it done in BMore and get a home game(s) vs the Yankees. The K will be going NUTS!
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm praying they get it done in BMore and get a home game(s) vs the Yankees. The K will be going NUTS!
Have George run out of the dugout like a mad man to throw the "first pitch", just to really send the crowd into a frenzy.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Have George run out of the dugout like a mad man to throw the "first pitch", just to really send the crowd into a frenzy.
I dunno. George is 71. He could break a hip :-)
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:35 AM Today
More likely to shit his pants
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 AM Today
For real? Goodness time flies.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Up