ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 49
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 PM 09-20-2023
i got this weird feeling this defense is about to explode like the 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens

the talent accumulation is reaching critical mass where there's nothing left to do but fuck all 11 players on the other side of the ball all at once

if I'm Andy i'm dialing back the agressiveness on offense a bit, because the D is going to do more than it's fair share
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:42 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i got this weird feeling this defense is about to explode like the 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens

the talent accumulation is reaching critical mass where there's nothing left to do but **** all 11 players on the other side of the ball all at once

if I'm Andy i'm dialing back the agressiveness on offense a bit, because the D is going to do more than it's fair share
A reasonable thought, but I don’t see Andy dialing much back. Not really his nature. Although he did run Pacheco behind the Chiefs front three on a 3rd and 1….so anything is possible.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:24 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Leo is 250 lbs and benched 34 reps with a 4.53 40, 1.5 10 time and a below 7 3 cone.

It's incredible that this guy fell to us in the 3rd rd
It's why you go BPA. I'm guess Beach was thrilled to see him there, even if LB wasn't a huge need.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:25 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's why you go BPA. I'm guess Beach was thrilled to see him there, even if LB wasn't a huge need.
Just keep stacking good football players.
[Reply]
penchief 05:12 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Breakfast was fantastic, thank you for asking! 4 pasture raised eggs scrambled with some ground grass fed beef, topped with a little cheddar. Have it everyday, it's a true power breakfast!

Many fans were definitely pulling for Leo to be a Packer, but they're like that with every decent Badger that goes through. He was very highly regarded by local media in his Badger days, though. I did see him live in several games at Camp Randall, and he always stood out as such a physically dominant specimen. I didn't understand why we picked him at the time just because it didn't seem like a need, but now that they've developed this nifty little role for him I am loving the pick!
Since you’ve watched him in college, can you clear something up for me? The way his name is spelled looks like it should be pronounced, “ChenALL.” But every broadcast announcer seems to pronounce it, “ChaNELL.”

As a type A personality, I need clarification moving forward. Is it really pronounced, “ChaNELL,” or is it supposed to be, “ChenALL?”

Thank you in advance.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:08 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by penchief:
Since you’ve watched him in college, can you clear something up for me? The way his name is spelled looks like it should be pronounced, “ChenALL.” But every broadcast announcer seems to pronounce it, “ChaNELL.”

As a type A personality, I need clarification moving forward. Is it really pronounced, “ChaNELL,” or is it supposed to be, “ChenALL?”

Thank you in advance.
It is indeed ChaNELL, which I agree very hard to deal with. I prefer ChenALL, but sadly Leo has never asked me for my opinion.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:05 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It is indeed ChaNELL, which I agree very hard to deal with. I prefer ChenALL, but sadly Leo has never asked me for my opinion.
Interesting. At least is isn't #5.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:19 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Interesting. At least is isn't #5.

[Reply]
Pinchshot 10:39 AM 09-21-2023
He's the best LB on a team that has very good LBs.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:49 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
He's the best LB on a team that has very good LBs.
I mean, I wouldn’t go that far. Bolton is becoming otherworldly.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 AM 09-21-2023
I'm pleased to say that I was a Chenal draft fan even before we drafted him. Some guys are natural football players and he was one of those in my mind.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=chenal
[Reply]
Holladay 11:02 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by :
Leo is 250 lbs and benched 34 reps
Not sure if I believe this or not. One source claims Chris Jones at 26 reps and another at 30.

It really doesn't matter. Both strong men. If correct = ungodly.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:04 AM 09-21-2023

#Chiefs DC Steve Spagnuolo on Leo Chenal: "He might be the strongest, pound-for-pound, guy we have on the team. He's strong. . . There's a lot of places where we feel like we can use Leo & we want to try to do that as much as we can. A lot of it is dictated by what (personnel)…

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) September 21, 2023

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:05 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Not sure if I believe this or not. One source claims Chris Jones at 26 reps and another at 30.

It really doesn't matter. Both strong men. If correct = ungodly.
It'll blow your mind to look up Jerick McKinnon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm pleased to say that I was a Chenal draft fan even before we drafted him. Some guys are natural football players and he was one of those in my mind.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ghlight=chenal
I think my stance going into that draft was "There are like 47 freakish power/speed linebackers in this draft so we should probably grab one of them..."

I don't know that I had a preference.

But it's interesting - is some of this, or even most of this, coaching?

I say that because Brandon Smith came out in that draft class as well. Christian Harris, Darrian Bevers, Mark Robinson, Damone Clark, Channing Tindall - there were a TON of powerful fast 'backers in that draft.

And Brandon Smith is, as near as I can see, out of the league. On tape and on paper, there's just nothing that meaningfully separates Smith from Chenal. And yet Smith got cut after one season and Chenal is just continuing to grow.

It's not like Smith's a moron - he quarterbacked Penn State's defense. He did some impressive stuff. And he washed out almost immediately. Whereas we're seeing Chenal work himself into a real key contributor for a much better defense than Smith.

Situation matters, I suppose...
[Reply]
Page 39 of 49
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up