ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 41
« First < 293536373839 4041 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:12 PM Today
When will the Chiefs make the official announcement?
[Reply]
scho63 06:12 PM Today
Maybe after his football career is over, he can be a hand model like George Costanza.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:14 PM Today
Listened to James Palmer from earlier today on KCSN…

It won’t be another WR that they trade for. He said they really didn’t wanna have to bring in an outside guy for sure this soon but the JuJu injury forced the issue. But having two guys who don’t know the offense sounds very unlikely. Also speaks as though Hollywood is scheduled to be back by the playoffs.

So as far as Veach continuing to work… has to be defense or LT.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Listened to James Palmer from earlier today on KCSN…

It won’t be another WR that they trade for. He said they really didn’t wanna have to bring in an outside guy for sure this soon but the JuJu injury forced the issue. But having two guys who don’t know the offense sounds very unlikely.

So as far as Veach continuing to work… has to be defense or LT.
That JuJu injury… assuming he’ll be coming back relatively soon… may be a blessing in disguise if it resulted in the Chiefs trading for Hopkins.
[Reply]
Snerd 06:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Help me.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
That JuJu injury… assuming he’ll be coming back relatively soon… may be a blessing in disguise if it resulted in the Chiefs trading for Hopkins.
Said it in the GDT Sunday, if that’s what it takes to make it shake, fine

I’m starting to think Lattimore makes a ton of sense, a CB anyways…

I’m not gonna say out loud what a disaster in the secondary would look like, but that room is super thin as is post Watson injury and we need to guard against that possibility even if I think they would be fine with the talent that is currently healthy.

But they’re so good everywhere right now that it’s all icing on the cake. Even a pass rusher isn’t gonna hurt, although that feels very unlikely with Omenihu on the way.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:24 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
I don’t really buy it. Chiefs were working the phones and it sounds like this had been in the works for weeks. More than likely the chiefs know they need cuts (please be skyy) and this is a way to push people out without throwing them under the bus.
[Reply]
Delano 06:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
Diontae Johnson would be so perfect
Not sure he’s a locker room fit. One of the more dialed in Chiefs podcasts mentioned he may not fit the culture based on his exit in Pittsburgh and attitude in Carolina. No way in hell Veach brings in a cancerous player when the guys are operating on such a high. Kareem, Juju, and Deandre are all great teammates and boons to Chiefs culture.
[Reply]
Delano 06:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Better than Cooper
We talking dicks here?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by Delano:
Not sure he’s a locker room fit. One of the more dialed in Chiefs podcasts mentioned he may not fit the culture based on his exit in Pittsburgh and attitude in Carolina. No way in hell Veach brings in a cancerous player when the guys are operating on such a high. Kareem, Juju, and Deandre are all great teammates and boons to Chiefs culture.
Veach was actively trying to trade for him this past spring.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:46 PM Today
If Hopkins can somehow help develop guys like Skyy Less and Justyn Ross, he deserves MVP consideration.

Chiefs safety Justin Reid said he believed DeAndre Hopkins would be "good for the entire wide receiver room to help them develop." Reid described Hopkins as "approachable, easy to talk to. (If) you want to ask him any questions about ball, always willing to help."

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) October 23, 2024

Chiefs safety Justin Reid on new WR DeAndre Hopkins, whom he previously played with in Houston: "He knows ball. He has a master’s degree in playing football."

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 06:46 PM Today
Hopkins might have what it takes to become a CP member.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
Activated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
60 Chevy convertible
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You finally got your guy! At a price I can get behind 😁!
I argued and argued with him about DHop and I'm with you. I can definitely get behind the price. I love that they only get a 4th if we make the SB and he plays 60% of the snaps.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:58 PM Today
These espn talking head shows usually drive me crazy but bill barnwell knows his shit.

Loved his analysis. Spoke about DHops physicality and how the chiefs have an embarrassingly low number of receptions when WRs are pressed.

Again I think about the Steelers game we just saw. When Russell threw those moon balls those WRs and even their TEs were hand fighting like crazy to make sure they had position on the catch. That would go such a long way. So many of our WRs over the recent years wait for the ball to come to them instead of attacking it. That’s gonna go a really long way for Mahomes’ confidence. He no longer has to throw perfect breadbasket throws all the time
[Reply]
Page 39 of 41
« First < 293536373839 4041 >
Up