ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 43
« First < 293536373839 40414243 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And?

Reacquiring Mecole Hardman was a net positive.
Not going to have to convince me of that. I was one of the few posters that defended him when we signed him back.
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He definitely will face more lighter boxes than at anytime with Cleveland. I need to see him behind our OL before I make any wild predictions but I think he will definitely be an upgrade to our short yardage game even though Steele looks good in that role as well.
We've had light boxes for 6 years and run hot and cold in terms of running the ball.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM Today
But he's a fringe player at best right now. He's taken 1 snap on offense in two games. Moore has taken 15.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
We've had light boxes for 6 years and run hot and cold in terms of running the ball.
that is true. Pat sometimes ends up being our leading rusher
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
You're the one that more or less said you thought Hunt would take Pachecos workload even when he was back and healthy. There's a pretty huge difference between being a complimentary veteran like Pennel was and Hunt probably will be and taking a talented starters job.
Did not say he'd take his job - what I meant was I think they're both gonna play.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:57 AM Today
I might be in the minority here though in that I don't think current Pacheco is any more than 80% of what prime Kareem was. And I think people might realize that when they see another talented back getting regular carries for the first time in a few years.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah, there's probably a reason he wasn't even on a PS in mid September
Andy mentioned he had surgery…
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I might be in the minority here though in that I don't think current Pacheco is any more than 80% of what prime Kareem was. And I think people might realize that when they see another talented back getting regular carries for the first time in a few years.
I mentioned the same thing a couple pages back. I think the RB room has been pretty underwhelming since he left.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 12:02 PM Today
I like the vibes on this move.

KH is going to be highly motivated to play for Pat and a ring.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM Today
Did not say he'd take his job - what I meant was I think they're both gonna play.
Of course he's going to play if he's even close to what he was. Even in 2018 when Hunt was at his peak Ware and Williams still took a handful of snaps per game.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:11 PM Today
That may be true but Hunt isn't anything near prime Kareem Hunt either.

There is zero doubt who the better RB is at this point.

People forget Hunt wasn't even on a freaking team before this week. Pacheco would be starting for more than half the teams in the NFL.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I mentioned the same thing a couple pages back. I think the RB room has been pretty underwhelming since he left.
He's fun, the way Pacheco runs is fun, but generally speaking he gets what's blocked up. He absolutely has everything you need to have to be a fan favorite, dude was a super late draft pick that is a solid person and a fun player.

But as far as being say an elite player, nah, he gets the yards that are blocked if you take a look at his yards gained above expected, not great.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That may be true but Hunt isn't anything near prime Kareem Hunt either.

There is zero doubt who the better RB is at this point.

People forget Hunt wasn't even on a freaking team before this week. Pacheco would be starting for more than half the teams in the NFL.
Believe me, no one has forgot that. See previous 4-5 pages.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM Today
It's fine guys if you're hopeful. Just say that.

"I really hope he works out and is good". You're a fan, that's ok.

Because history would tell us....it's probably not gonna end up being a big needle mover.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:24 PM Today
I would probably take prime hunt over Pacheco but it’s extremely close.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 43
« First < 293536373839 40414243 >
Up