ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Chargem 11:14 AM 09-06-2024
Hendrickson next week, if he's healthy, will be a good test
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:16 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Perfect.

This is what I mean. Just feel like Schwartz is overly critical about KC’s tackles because it’s a chance to prop himself up still. And he was the best we’ve had, just saying. Think Whitworth proves my point.
Brandon Thorn did a deep dive and thought he really struggled. He’s a straight shooter and a pretty damned good evaluator of this stuff.

If he and Schwartz are saying that, I take it at face value.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:21 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Brandon Thorn did a deep dive and thought he really struggled. He’s a straight shooter and a pretty damned good evaluator of this stuff.

It’s so difficult for a team drafting late every year to find a starting LT that is even marginally decent and not a dumpster fire that ruins games like Orlando Brown Jr and Wanya Morris have done.

It was his first game and they left him on an island with almost no help. Can’t help but feel good about his performance even if he struggled a bit. He seemed fine to me most of the game.

I think it’s an enormous win if the kid is floating around an average playable starter that fits the system.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:45 AM 09-06-2024

I'd be amazed if there aren't games he's given a little help. He'll need it to start
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:53 AM 09-06-2024

He definitely had some rough reps. Think that’s the rub. The highs are nice, the losses were pretty brutal. Needs to lose slower when he does lose.

Hopefully he’s far from a finished product. Doubt he’s ever an All-Pro, but don’t think he needs to be.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:08 PM 09-06-2024
If he can get up to Donovan-Smith-last-year level this season, it’s a great pick.

I’m not disparaging the guy - he’s a (young) rookie. I just want to be realistic about what he is and what he isn’t at the moment. Wanya Morris had some real bright spots early last year before the wheels kinda fell off. Just gotta be patient and hope he improves over the course of the season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 PM 09-06-2024
Wanya Morris had some real bright spots early last year before the wheels kinda fell off. Just gotta be patient and hope he improves over the course of the season.
In baseball, occasionally a young player called up to the majors starts his career by hitting the cover off the ball in his first month, some (like Jeff Franceour,) even look like the second coming of Bonds.

At about the month mark, enough footage/scouting has been compiled to single out weaknesses. In Bobby Witt’s first year, it was that he couldn’t lay off the slider. Pitchers then proceeded to pound the slider over and over again, burying him with that strategy until Bobby adjusted. But some players (like Franceour) are never able to counter that first adjustment.

I feel like we saw that happen with Wayna last year. Once teams got film of his weaknesses against NFL talent and speed, they were able to hone in on those weaknesses and crush him (like the Fade on Christmas). It does not seem like Wayna has been able to adjust now that tapes out on him.

Believe it or not, Niang also had a really strong and encouraging performance in Week 1 against a good Browns line in 2021. The physicality of the game seemed to do him in, as he was never able to last the season.

If Kingsley can be stout at this level all year (more or less where Smith was last year), I’ll be happy. The concern will come if a consistent weakness reveals itself on tape.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:23 PM 09-06-2024
:-) Crediting him with 1 pressure yet ends up with a grade under 50. PFF scores are a worthless metric and I can't wait until it's completely irrelevant.
[Reply]
Palangi 12:33 PM 09-06-2024

Just say it. You know you’re itching to say it…it’s killing your inside. Don’t be scared. I’ll start out for you

We need to bring back……

You got this little buddy
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:14 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So his PFF grade is low bc he didn’t do well run blocking but gave up a single pressure? It was his draft knock too.

Don’t care. We pass the ball like 80+% of the time and he was fine there. Good game

Yeah, just about NOBODY cares about his run-blocking right now. It'll likely get better, but his JOB is to protect Pat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 09-06-2024
only 33 pass plays. Only 54 total offensive plays.

That seems awfully low. Almost certainly a product of the number of 3rd down conversions we surrendered.

We struggled to force turnovers and get their offense off the field. So we just didn't get to run many plays.

Tell ya what, if you're gonna put stock in these PFF grades, you should be FAR more concerned about Trey Smith's 50.2 pass-block grade than you are about Kingsley's 37 in run blocking.

And Taylor wasn't much better. Honestly, that one checks out. I usually think PFF is being awfully hard on our OT play but Taylor just flat got dog-walked a couple times last night. Setting aside the penalties, he's usually a pretty sturdy pass protector. But I saw a couple straight bull rushes that just drove him back into the pocket last night.

On offense, Taylor was probably my biggest concern last night. Athleticism looked good but he seemed to really be struggling with power.
[Reply]
srvy 02:36 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Schwartz for my money is kind of a twat on Twitter. Rookie LT against a good pash rush and a great defense is the recipe for disaster but he held his own. He's only going to continue to get better, you gotta feel pretty good about him as a player.
The Schwartz isn't a sunshine pumper unless it's Mahomes.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:41 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

That seems awfully low. Almost certainly a product of the number of 3rd down conversions we surrendered.

We struggled to force turnovers and get their offense off the field. So we just didn't get to run many plays.

Tell ya what, if you're gonna put stock in these PFF grades, you should be FAR more concerned about Trey Smith's 50.2 pass-block grade than you are about Kingsley's 37 in run blocking.

And Taylor wasn't much better. Honestly, that one checks out. I usually think PFF is being awfully hard on our OT play but Taylor just flat got dog-walked a couple times last night. Setting aside the penalties, he's usually a pretty sturdy pass protector. But I saw a couple straight bull rushes that just drove him back into the pocket last night.

On offense, Taylor was probably my biggest concern last night. Athleticism looked good but he seemed to really be struggling with power.
Agreed. And apparently he lost some weight this offseason to make up for the alignment tweaks, but if it means he can’t anchor the same, big mistake.

It’s very early but he’s definitely on a trajectory to not finish out this contract.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:21 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I think I'm less concerned about Smith compared to Taylor, He was up against what, Ojabo? At keast Smith had Jones, Pierce and Madubuike. Taylor is the weak link on this OL, imo. He moves well but I'm not sure he's ever anchored well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:28 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Agreed. And apparently he lost some weight this offseason to make up for the alignment tweaks, but if it means he can’t anchor the same, big mistake.

It’s very early but he’s definitely on a trajectory to not finish out this contract.
And it's more or less impossible to get out from under it for the next 2 seasons, correct?
[Reply]
Page 39 of 44
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up