Page 386 of 940
« First < 286336376382383384385386 387388389390396436486886 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:19 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by :
The company said that it expects revenue for July to be up around 50% through July 29, relative to a year earlier, and that overall third-quarter revenue could be up in the mid-30% range. "We are encouraged by the performance of our business in July, but a tremendous amount of uncertainty remains given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other factors," Pinterest said in its release. The company saw monthly active users in the June quarter climb to 416 million from 367 million in the March quarter.
Pinterest killed it. Up 28% premarket. Anything stay at home or ecommerce/digital payments has had even better than expected earnings.

edit: jumped another 10% into the mid-30%'s. Thanks chicks who like to pin stuff!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:41 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It hasn't done anything positive so I guess whenever you want to bail.
It's in the green for me now. Yesterday was a big pump. I think it's going again today.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:55 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's in the green for me now. Yesterday was a big pump. I think it's going again today.
https://stocktwits.com/symbol/IDEX
[Reply]
RunKC 02:44 PM 07-31-2020
Apple up 10+% today. What a great day!
[Reply]
Stewie 06:36 PM 08-02-2020
I'm going to start Stewie's Sunday night rundown.

If it works, OK. If not, I'll stop giving information.

Back story is that I retired in 2017, but have several years until I'm retired in the traditional sense. The stock market was great to me and I cashed in. Paid a boatload of taxes for sure and took my lumps.

Anyway, I'm going to offer information on a weekly basis about the markets. Nothing detailed, just a macro view of what's going on. No specific investment info here, but you might find the data interesting.

I pay a premium for detailed information from a reliable source about the markets and thought everyone might be interested in weekly updates.

OK, here we go:

The stock markets are very top heavy. The acronym TINA (There Is No Alternative) is the word of the month. The big names are driving the market (Apple, Alphabet, Microsoft, etc.) while the rest of the market lags. If you own the big names put a limit down so you secure profits.

The bond market is in shambles. There is no money to be made and pension funds rely on stable returns from bonds. Where do these funds put billion$ to get a return?

The top 5 hot and most reliable stocks over the past week are:

Quidel Corp - QDEL (immuno testing)
Digital Turbine - APPS (mobile communications)
K92 Mining - KNTNF (gold producer)
Medifast - MED (cosmetics)
Harmony Gold - HMY (gold producer)

That being said, we are in a neutral to down scenario. That means to only buy the best stocks that are trending up and undervalued.

The only underlying positive trend is safe haven investments. In the vernacular it has become asset inflation. Real estate and gold are leading the way.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about buying a house. You're basically getting free money as a borrower. What could be better? Refinancing is also a good option.

Now to the albatross that is gold. It is unrelenting. Goldman has a price target of $3000. It was up nearly $80 this week. There are ways to leverage that in your favor.

Other news:

Russia has decided to go ahead with a Covid-19 vaccine. They will inoculate millions of people with an unproven vaccine in October. Good luck, I say.

China's Three Gorges Dam has been under close observation since last year. Flooding, which is usual, has raised the water levels to new highs. They are expecting more monsoon rainfall over the next few weeks. They noticed problems in 2016 and have heightened concern this year. Who knows?

Good investing and make lots of money!

Until next week,

Stewie
[Reply]
Stewie 07:01 PM 08-02-2020
OH! As a side note, brokerages are now pumping options as a viable investment. It makes them lots of money. Stay away! If you want to dabble into options start with covered calls. It's not great but you won't lose your ass.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:14 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
When do I cash out on IDEX? :-)
Up 11% today.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Up 11% today.
The fun is just beginning.

CDEV too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 PM 08-03-2020
I have a car payment for the first time in 5 years. Blech.
[Reply]
loochy 06:16 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have a car payment for the first time in 5 years. Blech.
Well post in the car thread and let's see it. I hope it's something cool.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:21 AM 08-04-2020
How fucked are we going to be in Dec when so many companies are going to miss their numbers since people aren't going to black Friday shop? Many base their yearly budgets on that day, hence the word "black". I'm starting to think I might take my profits, but I know taxes are going to take out a big chunk because I haven't let it sit a year.
[Reply]
MGRS13 11:41 AM 08-04-2020
Curious to see what nikola does after hours in regards to earning report.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:34 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
Curious to see what nikola does after hours in regards to earning report.
Probably lose it's ass.

I decided it has a lot to prove. I might buy back in around 20.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:47 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
How ****ed are we going to be in Dec when so many companies are going to miss their numbers since people aren't going to black Friday shop? Many base their yearly budgets on that day, hence the word "black". I'm starting to think I might take my profits, but I know taxes are going to take out a big chunk because I haven't let it sit a year.
I don't think you will be at all. We've seen that tech companies will be fine. Will there be any company that does amazing? Probably not, unless perhaps the new Xbox or PS5 really catch fire. Apple is still going to sell a million new iPhones in their Sept Oct launch window. But people are putting their money in safe places, and tech is it. The retail likely to suffer is the retail already suffering. Multiple clothing companies have declared bankruptcy during the pandemic already, and it's businesses like that where extra money not being spent on Black Friday matters. But those companies have already had their stocks crushed a long time ago, like Ralph Lauren being down 50% since the start of the pandemic. If you were buying that stock today, the stock is already factoring in that the holidays probably aren't going to be great, otherwise it wouldnt still be down 50%.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:18 PM 08-04-2020
I'll jump in on a Tuesday because there was significant news.

The bond market and US Treasury debt is now offering negative returns. Those big pension funds that are already underfunded are being asked to pay these financial instruments for holding their money.

Virgin Atlantic filed for bankruptcy today. One of the best run airlines in the world is asking for billion$ from the UK and US (and their debtors) to keep afloat. They will run out of money next month. Wanna invest in airlines?

Novavax, one of the darlings in the Covid-19 vaccine world is getting hammered after hours. Their vaccine is not meeting expectations. That stock has gone meteoric since March. This is the risk in investing in the winner to the race to a vaccine.

Real estate and gold continue their move to the upside.

Good investing and make lots of money in this weird market.

Stewie
[Reply]
Page 386 of 940
« First < 286336376382383384385386 387388389390396436486886 > Last »
Up