ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 186
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 05-04-2022
The Texans made a couple nice little moves with the Green and Addison signings.

So yeah, I would think you turn your attention to Hughes and Hicks. Both of those guys in rotational roles can be awfully productive, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 05-04-2022
DE: 5

Karlaftis, Clark, Danna, Ingram, Hughes; Kaindoh competes w/ Danna for the last spot

DT: 5

Jones, Nnadi, Hicks, Stallworth, Wharton; Saunders is the last man out

They could only carry 9 but if you're able to add Hicks and Hughes, I think you can justify carrying 10. Would probably put you at 9 DBs though (I think that's fine).
[Reply]
RealSNR 05-04-2022, 10:45 AM
This message has been deleted by RealSNR. Reason: Derp
O.city 10:58 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
DE: 5

Karlaftis, Clark, Danna, Ingram, Hughes; Kaindoh competes w/ Danna for the last spot

DT: 5

Jones, Nnadi, Hicks, Stallworth, Wharton; Saunders is the last man out

They could only carry 9 but if you're able to add Hicks and Hughes, I think you can justify carrying 10. Would probably put you at 9 DBs though (I think that's fine).
That's pretty nice although I doubt they do Hughes AND Ingram right?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 05-04-2022
Yeah, I would assume that they’re going to go with one vet…and keep both Danna and Kaindoh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's pretty nice although I doubt they do Hughes AND Ingram right?
I think that’s correct but I think it’s the wrong approach.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think that’s correct but I think it’s the wrong approach.
I figure they'll both end up making 4.5ish mil for a one year deal. I dunno if 9 mil there is well spent?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 05-04-2022
Well the cap space required for the rookies is around $5.5 million. They currently have $18 million in cap space. That gives us $12.5 million in leftover cap space to work with.

Veach said the next priority is Orlando Brown Jr's new contract. It will be interesting to see if they keep his cap hit roughly the same as the franchise tag this year or if they lower it to try and bring in a couple more veterans.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:39 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well the cap space required for the rookies is around $5.5 million. They currently have $18 million in cap space. That gives us $12.5 million in leftover cap space to work with.

Veach said the next priority is Orlando Brown Jr's new contract. It will be interesting to see if they keep his cap hit roughly the same as the franchise tag this year or if they lower it to try and bring in a couple more veterans.
I hope they do bring in a few more value vets on the DL.

Let's finish off the draft with a defense that can be top ten. All that is missing right now is a little bit more pass-rush rotation unless you actually trust Frank Clark.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 05-04-2022
I would bring in Ingram and Hicks.

DE: Karlaftis, Clark, Ingram, Danna, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Hicks, Nnadi, Wharton, Saunders/Stallworth
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 05-04-2022

Veachs last interview was amazing.

He says right now, they can make a small move… but once they get the deal done with OBJ it will open up space to do a big move if something makes sense.

So, stay tuned.

Maybe trying to make a move for Allen from Jacksonville for a pick or something similar to that could happen before the season opens. It sure seems odd that Veach said he was going to be aggressive with the DL and then kinda ignored tge position after Karlaftis. Something big is gonna still happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:33 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Veachs last interview was amazing.

He says right now, they can make a small move… but once they get the deal done with OBJ it will open up space to do a big move if something makes sense.

So, stay tuned.

Maybe trying to make a move for Allen from Jacksonville for a pick or something similar to that could happen before the season opens. It sure seems odd that Veach said he was going to be aggressive with the DL and then kinda ignored tge position after Karlaftis. Something big is gonna still happen.
Why would they trade Allen? If they had drafted Hendrickson then I could see it but Walker isn’t the same as Allen. They’ll compliment each other.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:03 PM 05-04-2022
Why would they trade Allen? If they had drafted Hendrickson then I could see it but Walker isn’t the same as Allen. They’ll compliment each other.
Im not sure who it’s going to be, but going off Veaches comments it may be someone of that caliber.

It all depends on if OBJ hires an agent and gets a deal struck with time for Veach to try to work some magic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 05-04-2022

Yeah, I've had $12-14 million as my 'working' number since our last round of signings and I definitely think we can fit a couple of tier 2 veterans in that figure.

I also think we're now close enough to being able to field an NFL roster that perhaps spit-balling the position is less wise than simply finding a couple of veterans and getting those spots locked in.

Both guys bring different skills to the table but do so in a way that nets the same kind of productivity - namely a pass rush. One from the inside and through technique and strength, the other from the outside through burst.

I think trying to pick one or the other is to leave the position a little undercooked. Even if you bring Ingram back, you still haven't added the speed you ideally have somewhere on the roster.

I think you want to bring all 3 of those guys in if possible and I think the cap space exists to make it work.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:55 PM 05-04-2022
Spags telling George he was his number one guy 'by far' absolutely blew my mind. 'we were targeting you the whole time...' that's so wild. I actually share a similar sentiment.

My buddies at work asked me who our best pick was, you guessed it. Without hesitation George's name rolled off my tongue. This is a day 1 starter. His impact on our defense cannot be understated. George is the kind of guy that flat out wrecks game plans. He's that guy.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:56 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Jerry Hughes could probably be had for a few million a year.

[IMG] [/IMG]
I like this, I'm in. Why so cheap?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 186
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up