ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 49
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:33 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In all probability we saw the beginning of a 10 year career here last night.

From a 2nd rounder.

Now maybe he'll never be a Pro Bowler but hey, he just might be that guy as well. He's so young and the AFC has more premier QBs than LTs - he may just be the best LT in the AFC in the next 3-4 years.

But yeah, it's gonna take some time.
It’s going to be extra funny if the 49ers really struggle to find a LT after Trent Williams.

Similar to how it’ll be hilarious if the Bills struggle with explosive plays from the WRs.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:35 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Pat also drifts back and causes pressures at times.

Generally I’ve noticed a pattern with Schwartz, and it’s that he NEVER misses an opportunity to pick on KC’s tackles. And whether he intends it or not, it feels like a “hey guys, remember how good I was??” schtick.
Personally I think its more of a "i played this position at a high level so I'm overly critical of how its played" comment instead of a "hey look at me" comment. I feel the same way about Kurt Warner. He's very critical of Patrick but clearly respects him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:36 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In all probability we saw the beginning of a 10 year career here last night.

From a 2nd rounder.

Now maybe he'll never be a Pro Bowler but hey, he just might be that guy as well. He's so young and the AFC has more premier QBs than LTs - he may just be the best LT in the AFC in the next 3-4 years.

But yeah, it's gonna take some time.
When was the last time Reid has been wrong about a LT? We all remember Fisher's first couple of years and he really struggled but turned into a Pro Bowler and SB champion.

The fact he didn't get alot of help in his first NFL game says alot to me.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 AM 09-06-2024
1 sack, 2 pressures and 1 holding

So 4 really bad plays out of roughly 75? He got a passing grade for me. And they put him out there on an island. He was a late 2nd rd pick and outperformed his draft slot in the first game.

Btw Rosengarten was a disaster. If you remember he was the OL the Ravens preferred over Kingsley and he only played a few snaps bc Karlaftis and Chris beat his ass badly. Walked him into the backfield multiple times.

So good luck with that…
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:43 AM 09-06-2024

Interested to hear that in more depth

I thought a rookie on opening night against good rushers. That was impressive performance. Patrick gets deeper in the pocket than majority of QBs. He does great job moving but he’s still deep. That takes time to get comfortable with.…

— Andrew Whitworth (@AndrewWhitworth) September 6, 2024

[Reply]
srvy 08:45 AM 09-06-2024
Kingsley was ok he tends to hook guys up high which may get some flags flying. But all in all he did ok. Ronnie Stanley was the new Jawaan Taylor last night with the picky refs.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:47 AM 09-06-2024
Does anyone remember Eric Fisher’s first start at LT and how it compares to Kingsley?
[Reply]
nychief 08:55 AM 09-06-2024
I think if this is his floor... by week 8,9,10...we'll have something. He didn't look overmatched athletically, which is a key for me, just let Heck and Andy do their thing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:56 AM 09-06-2024
I’m not crowning his ass yet, but it just feels so amazing that we got this guy with a late 2nd round pick. Prior to the Worthy trade up, a lot of CPers were putting him on the list of possible 1st rounders for us.

And if we had used 32 on him, I think we’d look at last night’s performance and say, “Yeah. I’ll take that.”

I’m pretty sure LT is near the top in terms of percentage of starters who are first rounders. It’s a bit tougher to find starters outside that range.

Basically, Bleach is a magnificent son of a bitch and I love him
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:58 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Perfect.

This is what I mean. Just feel like Schwartz is overly critical about KC’s tackles because it’s a chance to prop himself up still. And he was the best we’ve had, just saying. Think Whitworth proves my point.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:59 AM 09-06-2024
Let's hope this is his floor. Not the best edge rushers in the league but a formidable group for sure.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:03 AM 09-06-2024
Perfect.

This is what I mean. Just feel like Schwartz is overly critical about KC’s tackles because it’s a chance to prop himself up still. And he was the best we’ve had, just saying. Think Whitworth proves my point.
I agree. I thought he played pretty well considering he's a rookie starting at a difficult position right out of the gate. Obviously he needs to improve, what rookie doesn't?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:07 AM 09-06-2024
First NFL start against the Ravens-
I give the kid a 9.5
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:08 AM 09-06-2024
Perfect.

I lean more with Schwartz. He had some bad snaps. Good snaps too. It was a mixed bag. He got Patrick absolutely decked on one play..ooof, but overall more good than bad.

It wasn't a dumpster fire. But "impressive" may be too strong a word too.

IMO, he's going to be a liability in some games this season as he gets the reps he needs to develop. The Ravens pass rush is ok, not great and the tests are going to get harder.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:10 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Let's hope this is his floor. Not the best edge rushers in the league but a formidable group for sure.
Yeah if this is the floor we're in good shape. Teams with a real pass rush are going to be a handful but should be manageable.

Just don't get Patrick killed and they'll be aight.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 49
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up