ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:54 AM 09-14-2024
Players who don't get enough game reps are even more likely to get hurt with injuries like ACLs and teams who were very liberal on resting starters are looking like hot Doo Doo so far on offense this season. I am glad Andy is old school about making sure players are prepared in the preseason
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:59 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
That is a great WR group and you don't always have the depth you would like in the NFL.

But I certainly don't believe Kelce to be the iron man he used to be. I have high hopes for Worthy and you can't hit WRs like you used, but I think there is at least a slight concern about how he holds up over a season.

I certainly don't have a lot of faith in JuJu' health.

It isn't desperate like last year, but losing Brown is still a big deal.
That's where I'm at. The bright side is we are still going to be great on offense and it gives Reid the excuse to ask worthy to do more than he usually allows rookie WRs which develops him faster. I thought mahomes was primed for a generational season with Hollywood so that's my only reason for disappointment and shows how good we have it.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:28 AM 09-14-2024
I think having Perine and JJSS actually makes this offense considerably better than last years, even if you were to lose Worthy for some games.

Hell just getting rid of MVS and Toney is addition by subtraction.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:45 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
If he is back for the playoffs that is all we need.

Let Worthy cut his teeth during the season. Then unleash Hollywood with no tape in the post season.
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is absolutely no guarantee we get him back at all. Even playoffs appears unlikely.
That's what the word "if" means.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:50 AM 09-14-2024
With Hollywood basically missing the season does that give KC a "do-over?"
Does Hollywood come back for next year for similar money to once again prove he can be an explosive no 1?
Missing the whole season sure as hell doesn't prove you're ready to shoulder a team's passing game. It sure won't provide the big payday he was hoping for this off-season. Could we get him back as we win 4 straight?
[Reply]
nychief 07:57 AM 09-14-2024
Josh Gordon time!
[Reply]
notorious 08:01 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He is among the best!!!!
He will be the best only if he wears red!
[Reply]
Rausch 08:02 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Tyreek had his surgery immediately and was back about this time. Same injury but a different course of action.

Fail.
Hill had surgery?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:06 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Hill had surgery?
Nope, Tyreek didn’t need surgery for this injury.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:29 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Players who don't get enough game reps are even more likely to get hurt with injuries like ACLs and teams who were very liberal on resting starters are looking like hot Doo Doo so far on offense this season. I am glad Andy is old school about making sure players are prepared in the preseason
This is just something people on the internet like to say. If you get hurt its because of lack of conditioning or stretching not because you got hit a certain way. There is absolutely no reason to believe any player will be more injury prone simply by not playing a preseason game.

There is no such thing as football shape unless you are a lazy high school player who doesn't do shit over the summer. They've had enough practices and off season work where this is a non factor. Your body does not know what football is. It just knows if you are in aerobic or anaerobic activity and if you stretched etc.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 08:46 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Hill is a freak human.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is just something people on the internet like to say. If you get hurt its because of lack of conditioning or stretching not because you got hit a certain way. There is absolutely no reason to believe any player will be more injury prone simply by not playing a preseason game.

There is no such thing as football shape unless you are a lazy high school player who doesn't do shit over the summer. They've had enough practices and off season work where this is a non factor. Your body does not know what football is. It just knows if you are in aerobic or anaerobic activity and if you stretched etc.
Tell that to the Rams who just put their star C and WR (Puka) on IR after not doing anything but practicing the last 2 months
[Reply]
Rausch 09:14 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Which is exactly why he had the quick turn around.

The whole point is these two injuries are completely different. Hill's situation was furthest on the positive as possible and Hollywood's is as far on the negative as possible.
[Reply]
TEX 09:27 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Which is exactly why he had the quick turn around.

The whole point is these two injuries are completely different. Hill's situation was furthest on the positive as possible and Hollywood's is as far on the negative as possible.
Yes, and when it first happened to Tyreek, his looked much more serious. Turned out not to be. That's also completely different from Hollywood's.
[Reply]
philfree 09:51 AM 09-14-2024
No need to rush him back so we'll see him after the bye.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 41
« First < 273334353637 38394041 >
Up