ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's also almost 30.
Luckily he doesn't have a typical 30 year old work load. He doesn't still have the juice he once did but I don't think he's washed either.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:03 AM Today
Yeah, there's probably a reason he wasn't even on a PS in mid September
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Damn it I was saving this response.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
He wasn't last year either, I think that may be more him looking to pick and choose than wanting to go compete in camp for a backup spot.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:06 AM Today
:-)

Some people say that about players every year and then Mike Pennel helps us win two Super Bowls as a guy who was on his couch in September. I promise that’s not always a death sentence for a veteran player.

Teams don’t want those guys early either because their money becomes guaranteed.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
:-)

Some people say that about players every year and then Mike Pennel helps us win two Super Bowls as a guy who was on his couch in September. I promise that’s not always a death sentence for a veteran player.

Teams don’t want those guys early either because their money becomes guaranteed.
Would you say that's common or the exception to the rule?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He wasn't last year either, I think that may be more him looking to pick and choose than wanting to go compete in camp for a backup spot.
good catch. Yeah he didn't resign with the Browns until after Chubb got hurt in Week 1. Same deal here.

Originally Posted by :
Hunt spent the entire 2023 offseason waiting out the market for an opportunity to play a significant role somewhere in the NFL. Though he made multiple visits to interested teams during training camp, such a role never materialized -- until Monday night.

[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM Today
So he waited for a spot all year, didn't get one, Chubb gets hurt, goes back and has a meh year.

And we expect that to not happen here now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:11 AM Today
Keontay Ingram has been on the Chiefs roster since the winter

You know who is getting cut and sent back to PS as soon as Kareem Hunt is ready?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:11 AM Today
So he waited for a spot all year, didn't get one, Chubb gets hurt, goes back and has a meh year.

All year? He signed in week 2

If dude has a lot of the money he made he has zero reason to not do anything he doesn't want to.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Keontay Ingram has been on the Chiefs roster since the winter

You know who is getting cut and sent back to PS as soon as Kareem Hunt is ready?
Yes because Keontay Ingram has made 5 dollars in his NFL career, Kareem Hunt got a solid second contract from Cleveland, Hunt unless he literally is broke has no reason to go through that grind.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:12 AM Today

He was Top 10 RB in rushing TD's. More than Pop.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All year? He signed in week 2

If dude has a lot of the money he made he has zero reason to not do anything he doesn't want to.
All offseason looking for a contract....
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He was Top 10 RB in rushing TD's. More than Pop.
At the very least he seems like a better goal line back than anything we have.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:14 AM Today
You're the one that more or less said you thought Hunt would take Pachecos workload even when he was back and healthy. There's a pretty huge difference between being a complimentary veteran like Pennel was and Hunt probably will be and taking a talented starters job.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up