ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Nagy was definitely calling the plays against the Falcons. Don't know about any other game but it really stuck out because they kept showing him with the sheet calling.
Oh, did Nagy tell Mahomes to short arm the deep ball on the INT rather than complete a 30 yard touchdown pass? Or maybe Nagy told him not to lead Worthy on the other? Because it seems to me that the plays were drawn up and called just fine.

Now the one goal line sequence was goofy and bad. But overall, I see a lack of execution being the only real issue.

Patrick hits those two throws, and we're not even having this conversation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:54 PM Yesterday
Why would that be the reason you want Mooney over Hollywood? They're both pretty fragile.
Mooney has only had the one serious injury that I'm aware of. Hollywood has had several.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Mooney has only had the one serious injury that I'm aware of. Hollywood has had several.
Yeah, but it was a recurring thing for years. Injured it before the playoff game early 2021 then it was a recurring issue before it finally fractured late 2022. Maybe it's finally fully recovered but he didn't show much in 2023.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh, did Nagy tell Mahomes to short arm the deep ball on the INT rather than complete a 30 yard touchdown pass? Or maybe Nagy told him not to lead Worthy on the other? Because it seems to me that the plays were drawn up and called just fine.

Now the one goal line sequence was goofy and bad. But overall, I see a lack of execution being the only real issue.

Patrick hits those two throws, and we're not even having this conversation.
I’m really gonna have to pull up highlights from the Alex Smith era of the Chiefs running Andy’s West Coast horizontal offense while Nagy was the goddamn QB coach aren’t I?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:08 PM Yesterday
Nagy was definitely calling the plays against the Falcons. Don't know about any other game but it really stuck out because they kept showing him with the sheet calling.
I think Reid was doing the work for most of the Ravens game.

Isolation routes, plays designed to setup the other team then skewer, nice use of attacking the spacing.

Bengals and Falcons games I saw lots of Nagy.
[Reply]
-King- 07:33 PM Yesterday
That's how they've always done play calling. Reid tells the OC the play and the OC relays it to Patrick. I don't know why Reid does that but seeing Nagy calling plays doesn't mean much
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Isolation routes, plays designed to setup the other team then skewer, nice use of attacking the spacing.

Nonsense.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

so when the offense plays well its andy and when they don't its nagy?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Apparently. Nonsense.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

The Bills are copynf the Chiefs

so far, the bills are following a blueprint that has led to a lot of successful offense in past season: low sack rate, low ADoT, high YAC

they currently rank 1st in sack rate, 23rd in average depth of target and 2nd in yards after catch per reception

— Tej Seth (@tejfbanalytics) September 25, 2024

[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 PM Yesterday
Yeah these mf’s are copying our offense lmao

It’s a copycat league. Here’s Joe Brady dialing up two variants of Reid’s “corn dog” play on consecutive snaps to Shakir @AllenBogarty @Scottiesports4 @jordancope15 @NFanaticL pic.twitter.com/otMhfgTisv

— Brady Penn (@bradypenn21) September 25, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:39 PM Yesterday
Probably because we've decided to run the ball wayyyy too fucking much.

92 passes and 85 rushes. We're 12th in the NFL in rushing attempts and 19th in pass attempts. I know it's only been 3 games, but last season we were 2nd in passing attempts and 25th in rushing attempts.

2022 - 5th passing - 25th rushing
2021 - 2nd passing - 20th rushing
2020 - 3rd passing - 23rd rushing
2019 - 15th passing - 27th rushing
2018 - 9th passing - 23rd rushing

I have noticed we have ran the ball way more than we ever have in the past. Last year in the regular season our lead back to had 17 or more carries in 5/17 games(one of those was the last game of the season and the starters didn't even play, so it barely counts). This year so far the lead RBs have went over 17 rushes in 2/3 games.

Andy has never been a big running guy, but so far this year he's running the ball a shit ton.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:43 PM Yesterday
I honestly can't believe Sassy Squatch is arguing that Nagy is the one calling plays and running the offense. Andy Reid has full control of the offense and always has. Sure he has meetings with coaches to listen to their suggestions and get a plan together, but Andy is making all of the final decisions and decides what plays to run in game.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Probably because we've decided to run the ball wayyyy too fucking much.

92 passes and 85 rushes. We're 12th in the NFL in rushing attempts and 19th in pass attempts. I know it's only been 3 games, but last season we were 2nd in passing attempts and 25th in rushing attempts.

2022 - 5th passing - 25th rushing
2021 - 2nd passing - 20th rushing
2020 - 3rd passing - 23rd rushing
2019 - 15th passing - 27th rushing
2018 - 9th passing - 23rd rushing

I have noticed we have ran the ball way more than we ever have in the past. Last year in the regular season our lead back to had 17 or more carries in 5/17 games(one of those was the last game of the season and the starters didn't even play, so it barely counts). This year so far the lead RBs have went over 17 rushes in 2/3 games.

Andy has never been a big running guy, but so far this year he's running the ball a shit ton.

We are letting teams dictate our offense and are consistently attempting 12-15 play drives while the defense sits back with a smile on their face while we do it. Eventually we screw up because running that many plays every drive is really hard to do without mistakes. It boggles my mind that we have Mahomes and are content letting teams tell us what offense to run and willingly take the ball out of Mahomes hands at an alarming rate.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Up