Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Update Thread
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM 09-29-2024
Did not look good
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's not just the healing part that is a freak accident, the injury itself was a freak accident. It had absolutely nothing to do with him being injury prone, and it's silly to pretend otherwise.

If Hollywood had a hamstring or something that kept him out a few weeks, it would be fair to say "I told you so". This is not a scenario where it's fair to play that game. It was 100% a freak bad luck situation, regardless of your opinion on his injury history or mine.
{shrug}

Kid who's twice had fractures in a relatively short NFL career had another fracture. Or if you prefer to refer to is strictly as a sprain (though I think we know it was probably both), he's had multiple ankle/foot/knee sprains as well.

It's not THAT fluky in relation to the rest of his injury history. It's just different.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM Today
I'm just not buying that his past injuries, none of which were related to this one, had anything to do with how this one healed. You're reaching really hard to try and say this wasn't bad luck when it obviously was.
If the odds of something happening are 1 in 6 and you roll a dice and hit the one on the first try....I guess you could call that bad luck. But hell man, there was still a non-zero chance you hit it.

And since each roll is technically independent of the next, the odds of you putting up the one on the first roll aren't any different than you doing it on the 5th.

It's just a probability thing. The odds of an injury of SOME sort were pretty high. He's always had them.

And the odds of an injury not healing right aren't nearly AS high, but they're non-zero. And with the number of injuries he's had, at some point there was a real possibility that he'd roll that one. Is it bad luck? I mean I guess - but it's still not something that should blindside you either.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the odds of something happening are 1 in 6 and you roll a dice and hit the one on the first try....I guess you could call that bad luck. But hell man, there was still a non-zero chance you hit it.

And since each roll is technically independent of the next, the odds of you putting up the one on the first roll aren't any different than you doing it on the 5th.

It's just a probability thing. The odds of an injury of SOME sort were pretty high. He's always had them.

And the odds of an injury not healing right aren't nearly AS high, but they're non-zero. And with the number of injuries he's had, at some point there was a real possibility that he'd roll that one. Is it bad luck? I mean I guess - but it's still not something that should blindside you either.
Sorry, but this is just silly DJ. His past injuries had absolutely 100% nothing to do with how this one healed, and it's not just how it healed, the injury itself was bad luck too.

Injury prone type of injuries are inevitable. If that guy doesn't fall on Hollywood that way at that moment he never hurts his shoulder this season. It was all pure bad luck, and pointing to his injury history as if we should've saw it coming is just nonsense.
[Reply]
notorious 10:34 AM Today
I'm going to stop coming into this thread. Nobody knows dick, but you'd think they'd scheduled a funeral by now and that our season was over.
[Reply]
TLO 10:34 AM Today
So no new news?
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
I'm going to stop coming into this thread. Nobody knows dick, but you'd think they'd scheduled a funeral by now and that our season was over.
As a Dr myself, I'm contemplating my response to the injury information we have.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
As a Dr myself, I'm contemplating my response to the injury information we have.
What do his teeth have to do with this?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM Today
Sorry, but this is just silly DJ. His past injuries had absolutely 100% nothing to do with how this one healed, and it's not just how it healed, the injury itself was bad luck too.

Injury prone type of injuries are inevitable. If that guy doesn't fall on Hollywood that way at that moment he never hurts his shoulder this season. It was all pure bad luck, and pointing to his injury history as if we should've saw it coming is just nonsense.
I fail to see how a guy with a history of sprains/fractures having a sprain/fracture is wholly unrelated to his injury history.

And I've already spoken to the recovery issue. The only way to avoid recovery issues is to not constantly be getting hurt in ways that require recovery.

You can act blindsided by it if you'd like - but you shouldn't be.

If someone's wife has a history of cheating on him with delivery drivers, then she cheats on him with a tennis pro AND gets pregnant...well, it wasn't a delivery driver and getting knocked up sure was an unwelcomed bonus, but shit happens when you marry a whore.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I fail to see how a guy with a history of sprains/fractures having a sprain/fracture is wholly unrelated to his injury history.

And I've already spoken to the recovery issue. The only way to avoid recovery issues is to not constantly be getting hurt in ways that require recovery.

You can act blindsided by it if you'd like - but you shouldn't be.

If someone's wife has a history of cheating on him with delivery drivers, then she cheats on him with a tennis pro AND gets pregnant...well, it wasn't a delivery driver and getting knocked up sure was an unwelcomed bonus, but shit happens when you marry a whore.

:-)
Silly analogy, and you know it. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM Today
Silly analogy, and you know it. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.
Well you've blown right past the ones that make sense.

Figured I'd take a different approach.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're a dentist not an ortho.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 11:00 AM Today
We are so fucking back
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:13 AM Today
The whole speculation is a bit embarrassing at this point. 2nd opinions! Good sign! Bad sign! They'd know! Even Shefters comments are as basic and vague as possible to cover any scenario. Anything that comes out and he'll appear "right". Literally everything that can be said would still range from a chance at a few weeks till a full season
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 AM Today
WE'RE BACK

I'll be damned. Rice likely avoided an ACL tear. This is why we confirm with imaging

Still, if has a bone bruise and/or PCL sprain, this could be a 4+ week injury https://t.co/6VDIS7NFsu

— Edwin Porras, DPT (@FBInjuryDoc) October 1, 2024

[Reply]
Monticore 11:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The whole speculation is a bit embarrassing at this point. 2nd opinions! Good sign! Bad sign! They'd know! Even Shefters comments are as basic and vague as possible to cover any scenario. Anything that comes out and he'll appear "right". Literally everything that can be said would still range from a chance at a few weeks till a full season
Boring!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up