ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 48
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:09 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
also, call me nuts in that I'd pay a premium to make sure MY FREAKING KIDS HEADS DON'T GET CUT OFF DURING A FREAKING RIDE
Some would pay a premium to ensure their kids get decapitated. Let the free market decide.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:20 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
also, call me nuts in that I'd pay a premium to make sure MY FREAKING KIDS HEADS DON'T GET CUT OFF DURING A FREAKING RIDE
Call me crazy but I trust my own judgement over some government beurocrat to tell me what is safe and isn’t safe. If there’s a history of dead kids at a place, I won’t take my family to that establishment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Some would pay a premium to ensure their kids get decapitated. Let the free market decide.
I’d hate for my kid to set the bar of decapitated at water parks free market.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:37 AM 03-28-2018
Come on, guys. PunkinDrublic has been here since 2001. How can so many long time posters not recognize his posts as the performance of a caricature? Especially when the posts are so over the top. He’s being sarcastic. Don’t make me bury my face in my palm. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 11:38 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’d hate for my kid to set the bar of decapitated at water parks free market.
:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:35 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Call me crazy but I trust my own judgement over some government beurocrat to tell me what is safe and isn’t safe. If there’s a history of dead kids at a place, I won’t take my family to that establishment.
Now all the citizens of Kansas know that if you want regulations on big business in Kansas, all you have to do is kill a congressman's kid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:42 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
there's MUCH more meth in missouri...
Um, YAH.

There's MUCH more EVERYTHING in Missouri..
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:44 PM 03-28-2018
I wouldn't even need the kid to die - I can tell by looking at the thing that it's not for me or my family.

Math isn't hard, weightXmass and all...
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:09 PM 03-28-2018
I really feel sorry for the business owners. Imagine you worked your ass off your entire life to build a business from the ground up, then one day a dead kid or two appear in and around your establishment that may or may not be your fault. You’re already convicted in the court of public opinion before all the facts come out. I mean what’s the point of having a free enterprise system if the government can just take it away from you?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:15 PM 03-28-2018
I really feel sorry for the business owners. Imagine you worked your ass off your entire life to build a business from the ground up, then one day a dead kid or two appear in and around your establishment that may or may not be your fault. You’re already convicted in the court of public opinion before all the facts come out. I mean what’s the point of having a free enterprise system if the government can just take it away from you?
Playing along here, my guess is that the free market is going to have plenty of impact due to this regardless of the final convictions (if there are any). This trial is going to pull back the curtain on the entire process for ensuring guest safety in amusement parks, and from the initial sound of it, it may not be pretty.

We've all just collectively assumed that "these guys know what they're doing" when going to amusement parks, and now we're learning that it's at least possible for someone to open up an entire amusement park who hasn't ever even had any formal engineering training to do such a thing. I have to imagine Schlitterbahn is going to see some severe impacts on visitation, and it might have a halo effect on the amusement park industry broadly as well.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:17 PM 03-28-2018
Yep, those dead kids mess up everything. :-)
[Reply]
SPchief 01:17 PM 03-28-2018
You do realize one of the guys being tried is an owner right?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:18 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I wouldn't even need the kid to die - I can tell by looking at the thing that it's not for me or my family.

Math isn't hard, weightXmass and all...

[Reply]
Fish 01:37 PM 03-28-2018
Crying shame that just a couple dead kids can put such a damper on your business success...
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:39 PM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Playing along here, my guess is that the free market is going to have plenty of impact due to this regardless of the final convictions (if there are any). This trial is going to pull back the curtain on the entire process for ensuring guest safety in amusement parks, and from the initial sound of it, it may not be pretty.

We've all just collectively assumed that "these guys know what they're doing" when going to amusement parks, and now we're learning that it's at least possible for someone to open up an entire amusement park who hasn't ever even had any formal engineering training to do such a thing. I have to imagine Schlitterbahn is going to see some severe impacts on visitation, and it might have a halo effect on the amusement park industry broadly as well.

Again we don’t know all the facts yet. It’s up to the citizens of Kansas to decide. Do they want to be a lawsuit happy state that wants to discourage free enterprise like Commiefornia or do they want to be a business friendly state that brings in the job creators.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 48
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up