ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 58
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill arrested?
staylor26 08:54 AM 09-08-2024

TYREEK HILL ARRESTED BEFORE OPENING KICKOFF RIGHT OUTSIDE HARD ROCK STADIUM #nfl #nflopeningday #fantasyfootball #espn #miami #MiamiDolphins pic.twitter.com/9MtCikLMcS

— Nolan (@NolanFried73315) September 8, 2024

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill was detained by police today entering the stadium for a driving violation, per his agent Drew Rosenhaus. But Rosenhaus said Hill will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 8, 2024

[Reply]
Holladay 12:47 PM 09-10-2024
I thought he was calling Drew Whathishous, his agent...
[Reply]
Calcountry 12:48 PM 09-10-2024
All right, what is the new chant the next time the fans want to taunt Tyreek?

Call Drew. Call Drew. Call Drew.
[Reply]
Calcountry 12:50 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That cop went from I'll have to ask you to get out of the car to get out of the car in .5 seconds.
Bruh, this is the Cheetah, how much time should it take???
[Reply]
DaFace 12:53 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, and he continued to sit in the car on the phone. He can be as beligerant as he wanted to be, that's not against the law, but not following a lawful order and this would happen to anyone regardless of color, and we would have obstruction and other charges pending.
How many seconds do you think is reasonable to give someone a chance to comply? By my rough timing, it was about 15 seconds between the time he rolled his window up and the time he was told to get out of the car. 5 seconds later they told him they were going to "break that fucking window." 5 seconds later he was being dragged out.

So less than 30 seconds from "keep your window down" to handcuffs. Again, it just seems completely excessive to me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:55 PM 09-10-2024
JFC, here we go with the ****ing bullshit.

#Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel got very emotional and choked up talking about Tyreek Hill getting detained on Sunday.

"The thing that f***** me up honestly, to be quite frank, is knowing that I don’t know exactly. I don’t know what that feels like."

Full answer via @MiamiDolphins: pic.twitter.com/Pwrlr3XZ5t

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) September 9, 2024

The most vulnerable, heartfelt and gut wrenching conversation I’ve ever been a part of on live television.

“We do not feel safe around cops and that’s crazy… Black people do not feel safe around cops.” #TyreekHill #FinsUppic.twitter.com/jJ24MNiX5Y

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) September 10, 2024

[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:58 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
How many seconds do you think is reasonable to give someone a chance to comply? By my rough timing, it was about 15 seconds between the time he rolled his window up and the time he was told to get out of the car. 5 seconds later they told him they were going to "break that fucking window." 5 seconds later he was being dragged out.

So less than 30 seconds from "keep your window down" to handcuffs. Again, it just seems completely excessive to me.
I just rewatched the video to see if my initial reaction was correct. There was maybe 5-8 seconds that passed from the first get out of the car to them dragging him out and throwing him on the ground.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:01 PM 09-10-2024
How many seconds do you think is reasonable to give someone a chance to comply? By my rough timing, it was about 15 seconds between the time he rolled his window up and the time he was told to get out of the car. 5 seconds later they told him they were going to "break that ****ing window." 5 seconds later he was being dragged out.

See... here is where that asshole factor comes into play. What is the legal amount of time they have to give him? Do you have an answer for that? Because that is the amount of time I would have given him at that point and not a millisecond more. Because he was being an asshole. People not being an asshole... yeah, I give them a bit more time to comply.

I suspect the way it is worded for something like that won't be in a definitive amount of time anyways. It will be worded fairly ambiguously.
[Reply]
mabbott 01:02 PM 09-10-2024
I am not defending Reek, I think he could have handled it better; however, other than speeding, he didn't do anything that required the escalation that occurred.

Peace officers are trained to deescalate not escalate the situation. This officer needs to be retrained or let go. If this is how he reacts to a calm low threat scenario, it is easy to imagine how he would react to a higher risk situation.

I am sure that the department will settle out of court. Your rights do not go away for being rude. Precedents have already been set for compliance and this scenario doesn't meet any prudent departments escalation of force policies.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM 09-10-2024

It is excessive but people think it's fine because we have been conditioned that you must do what you are told by a cop even if it's not legal. So much so in this very thread this behavior is being defended.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:05 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
See... here is where that asshole factor comes into play. What is the legal amount of time they have to give him? Do you have an answer for that? Because that is the amount of time I would have given him at that point and not a millisecond more. Because he was being an asshole. People not being an asshole... yeah, I give them a bit more time to comply.

I suspect the way it is worded for something like that won't be in a definitive amount of time anyways. It will be worded fairly ambiguously.
Is being an asshole a crime?
[Reply]
New World Order 01:06 PM 09-10-2024
Really wouldn’t have happened if he just kept his window down.

You can’t see through his window in the bodycam footage. The cop has no idea what he’s doing in the car.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:07 PM 09-10-2024
Is being an asshole a crime?
No, was he arrested for a crime?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:07 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, and he continued to sit in the car on the phone. He can be as beligerant as he wanted to be, that's not against the law, but not following a lawful order and this would happen to anyone regardless of color, and we would have obstruction and other charges pending.
This is just wrong. The police did not give him any amount of reasonable time to comply with their order.

He was not a threat other than being an asshole. If this went to court the cops would lose badly. Either way that one cop should and probably will be out of a job when this is over.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:09 PM 09-10-2024
I'm sure the cops really view the multi-million dollar football player who is sitting in a 750k car as a "threat" to do anything with his window up.

If they do they are literally morons.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:10 PM 09-10-2024
I'm sure the cops really view the multi-million dollar football player who is sitting in a 750k car as a "threat" to do anything with his window up.

If they do they are literally morons.
Just keep the window down :-)

This is ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 58
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up