ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 49
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:35 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Soooo... should we still give Donovan Smith a call? :-)
For me bringing back Smith was more about depth and not trusting Wanya Morris.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:41 AM 09-06-2024
I thought he did good considering his first game as a rookie
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:44 AM 09-06-2024
The biggest boon that we're already seeing is in the horizontal game that seemed to have lost effectiveness the last couple years. Of course Worthy is fucking ridiculous but Suamataia was the one that cleared the path completely for Worthy to house it. Just having an athlete there instead of bumbling clods like Brown Jr and Smith may make all the difference.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:44 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Kingsley Suamataia > Orlando Brown Jr. imo
So glad we didn't sign Orlando but by not signing him we had to sign Juwaan Taylor. Orlando should have just taken what we were offering. Either way water under the bridge and Kingsley cheap for 3 or 4 years.
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:48 AM 09-06-2024
LOL, you people saying he was just okay really don't know jack shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:52 AM 09-06-2024
I mean, he WAS just okay. For the most part held up his own on an island but when he did get beat on a handful of snaps it was quick and ugly. Why would that be a slight on him, though? Given the circumstances that's an absolutely fantastic start to his career.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:57 AM 09-06-2024
Just think we got our starting LT and our starting WR1 in this draft. Shit they didn't even help Kingsley that tells you all you need to know. They had to help Donovan a ton last year.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:00 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just think we got our starting LT and our starting WR1 in this draft. Shit they didn't even help Kingsley that tells you all you need to know. They had to help Donovan a ton last year.
Yeah last year they definitely did NOT trust Donovan or Morris like they trusted Kingsley in this game. The coaching staff is obviously jazzed on him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
LOL, you people saying he was just okay really don't know jack shit.
Eh, Mitchell Scwartz said the same thing on twitter, I dunno.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:12 AM 09-06-2024
I’d say he was adequate. Basically Donovan Smith level.

But it was his first game. He’s only gonna get better, as the OL always does in KC.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 09-06-2024
Schwartz makes a good point though, that it would have looked alot worse with a different QB.

Pat is so good at evading pressure from the edges
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:16 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Schwartz makes a good point though, that it would have looked alot worse with a different QB.

Pat is so good at evading pressure from the edges
Pat also drifts back and causes pressures at times.

Generally I’ve noticed a pattern with Schwartz, and it’s that he NEVER misses an opportunity to pick on KC’s tackles. And whether he intends it or not, it feels like a “hey guys, remember how good I was??” schtick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Everyone else seems to agree.

At worst, he’s no worse than Brown or Donovan Smith. But, it’s his first start, so he’ll only get better from here.

It’s pretty obvious why it was always his job. Wanya looked so much worse last year.
He didn't go out there and destroy an entire gameplan the way Wanya Morris did in the Raiders game last season.

That's important.

He wasn't a wall out there, but he was credible. He was someone you can gameplan around if necessary (and it could be against a team with better edge rushers). Reid left him on an island almost the entire game and without some awful drops and a missed swing pass (which totaled maybe 15 points left on the field) the offense would've had a stellar game.

He was good enough for this to be a 30 PPG offense and that's a massive step.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He didn't go out there and destroy an entire gameplan the way Wanya Morris did in the Raiders game last season.

That's important.

He wasn't a wall out there, but he was credible. He was someone you can gameplan around if necessary (and it could be against a team with better edge rushers). Reid left him on an island almost the entire game and without some awful drops and a missed swing pass (which totaled maybe 15 points left on the field) the offense would've had a stellar game.

He was good enough for this to be a 30 PPG offense and that's a massive step.
Yeah, you covered my thoughts exactly.

A 2nd round OT with good traits who we always knew needed to refine his craft a bit. For the price, I don’t think we could’ve realistically expected much more than this.

Looks like a great pick so far.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah, you covered my thoughts exactly.

A 2nd round OT with good traits who we always knew needed to refine his craft a bit. For the price, I don’t think we could’ve realistically expected much more than this.

Looks like a great pick so far.
In all probability we saw the beginning of a 10 year career here last night.

From a 2nd rounder.

Now maybe he'll never be a Pro Bowler but hey, he just might be that guy as well. He's so young and the AFC has more premier QBs than LTs - he may just be the best LT in the AFC in the next 3-4 years.

But yeah, it's gonna take some time.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 49
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up