ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 41
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
Otter 06:12 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It sucks. But he's injury prone. And we knew that going into signing him.

If he didn't play in pre-season, who's to say he doesn't get injured in the Ravens game?

With the way the Ravens were playing (taking cheap shots and hitting after play is over) might have happened anyway.

I will never fault Andy for playing our starters in the pre-season in LIMITED action. We always seem to be more 'ready' than the teams that don't play their starters at all in the exhibition slate.
Not Andy's fault at all just a fart in elevator type of thing. And I hate the Raven's and The Steelers almost as the Raiders and Donx.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:13 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Who's that? Is he good?
He is among the best!!!!
[Reply]
Otter 06:15 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He is among the best!!!!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:18 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Should of had this surgery a month ago. Medical staff failed.

None the less we're good.
Maybe, but maybe not.

What if what they actually told Brown/KC was something along the lines of:

We think there is a 80% chance this heals by itself, which would be faster.

And Brown just got unlucky being in the 20% group that didn't work out.

As a pro athlete looking at missing games, would you want surgery that would cause an even bigger delay if it was 80% unneeded?
[Reply]
Stryker 06:43 PM 09-13-2024
Ok, this breaks my heart and I am very glad he decided to move forward and get the surgery to shut down further damage. I praise him for this decision. IF he makes it back this season then he will be welcomed with open arms by Chiefs Kingdom. If he does not, then it is what it is and I wish him nothing but the best - Thank you for choosing Kansas City! We still have a superior offense. Much better already from last season. I think the Chiefs will be fine and a 3 peat is in our favor - it will happen! :-)

If we get anything out of Hollywood in the post season - it is inevitable for a 3 peat! Prayers to Hollywood Brown and God speed for a speedy recovery. Best wishes MHB! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:10 PM 09-13-2024
What would it cost to get Amari Cooper?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:42 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Thats... literally why good players play in the preseason. So they don't suck the first 3 weeks of the season losing games they shouldn't. It matters.

If you get hurt week 1 you probably miss more meaningful games than if you got hurt in preseason. What about getting hurt during practice? That happens too. Should we bubble wrap everyone until the game starts so no one gets hurt?

Theres always risk and fluke accidents and rotten bad luck. It doesn't matter if it happens in preseason or week 1.
You're wasting your time. You'd have a better chance getting a rock to understand this than KCC. The years of racking up Super Bowl trophies doing it Andy's way is meaningless to him. Not even a blip on his radar. He sees absolutely no correlation between practicing playing football and getting better at playing football. The guys should take the 6 months between the Super Bowl and the first regular season game off and just show up for the first time about 5 minutes before the season opening kickoff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The way I see it, it's probably the difference in us being the #1 offense this year by a lot vs. a little.

We will still be the best, the numbers just may not be so damn gawdy.

And yet they still may. Need to stay healthy at WR from here. Especially 4.
I do agree with this.

I think we had a chance to do something historic at full health.

Gonna be harder now.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:53 PM 09-13-2024
If he is back for the playoffs that is all we need.

Let Worthy cut his teeth during the season. Then unleash Hollywood with no tape in the post season.
[Reply]
scho63 10:59 PM 09-13-2024
Broke dick doing broke dick things.

Sucks for us and sucks for him.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:20 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
If he is back for the playoffs that is all we need.

Let Worthy cut his teeth during the season. Then unleash Hollywood with no tape in the post season.
There is absolutely no guarantee we get him back at all. Even playoffs appears unlikely.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:51 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Maybe, but maybe not.

What if what they actually told Brown/KC was something along the lines of:

We think there is a 80% chance this heals by itself, which would be faster.

And Brown just got unlucky being in the 20% group that didn't work out.

As a pro athlete looking at missing games, would you want surgery that would cause an even bigger delay if it was 80% unneeded?
Tyreek had his surgery immediately and was back about this time. Same injury but a different course of action.

Fail.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:40 AM 09-14-2024
Imagine blaming Andy for this for getting the team sharp with a few preseason reps. How bad of a poster/fan do you have to be to do that?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:24 AM 09-14-2024
Let him heal up and wr will get him in the flow for the big win late in the season. It will he like getting a solid FA. We have more than last year even without him.
[Reply]
TEX 05:25 AM 09-14-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Broke dick doing broke dick things.

Sucks for us and sucks for him.
Yea, we all knew when we signed him, that he had issues staying healthy. It is what it is. Sucks for all.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 41
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up